Solitude Discussion thread

Duffie

Reaction score
It's basically surviving in a wasteland, with griefing, raiding, pvp, all that kind of shit. Blocktopia actually had two solitude servers before, but they both died... Sounds very exciting though :d
Somewhat wrong.

Solitude plays out in a Wasteland, with radiation, lack of minerals, lack of greenery, somewhat like the Fallout series. There are basically no rules set out in the world, so you could do anything you wish, other than the obvious no hacking. That means you can kill anyone you want, you can grief whoever you wish, and you can steal from whatever chest you find.

We've actually had way more than just two Solitude servers before. A more accurate estimate would be several, perhaps around 6 or 7, maybe more. Every map had been different in the past, the first (Pure wasteland, absolutely no trees) was probably the most fun, in my opinion, but just because of the experience itself.

What makes Solitude give you the best experience, is the playerbase. When you find others, don't outright assume they'll act like they do on other servers, as they could play out however they wish. For all you know, the usually quiet may turn out to be quiet murderers... Or, rather, quiet thieves. *cough* Defiant_Blob *cough*

Just be wary, because when you die, you'll probably have to wait quite a while, which is another thing Solitude was known for---

A somewhat permadeath system. If you die, you would be banned for a whole day. It was shortened as we changed maps, so I'm not quite sure what the time will be now. This system would get you to not pull off "YOLO*" moments, actually trying to survive. Just make sure you don't get killed by someone with your chests in the open, because... Well, just don't expect to have your items there when you return.

*You Obviously Love Owls

Xfolo

Reaction score
It's basically surviving in a wasteland, with griefing, raiding, pvp, all that kind of shit. Blocktopia actually had two solitude servers before, but they both died... Sounds very exciting though :d
Somewhat wrong.

Solitude plays out in a Wasteland, with radiation, lack of minerals, lack of greenery, somewhat like the Fallout series. There are basically no rules set out in the world, so you could do anything you wish, other than the obvious no hacking. That means you can kill anyone you want, you can grief whoever you wish, and you can steal from whatever chest you find.

We've actually had way more than just two Solitude servers before. A more accurate estimate would be several, perhaps around 6 or 7, maybe more. Every map had been different in the past, the first (Pure wasteland, absolutely no trees) was probably the most fun, in my opinion, but just because of the experience itself.

What makes Solitude give you the best experience, is the playerbase. When you find others, don't outright assume they'll act like they do on other servers, as they could play out however they wish. For all you know, the usually quiet may turn out to be quiet murderers... Or, rather, quiet thieves. *cough* Defiant_Blob *cough*

Just be wary, because when you die, you'll probably have to wait quite a while, which is another thing Solitude was known for---

A somewhat permadeath system. If you die, you would be banned for a whole day. It was shortened as we changed maps, so I'm not quite sure what the time will be now. This system would get you to not pull off "YOLO*" moments, actually trying to survive. Just make sure you don't get killed by someone with your chests in the open, because... Well, just don't expect to have your items there when you return.

*You Obviously Love Owls

Looks like i'll be playing 5 mins a day on avg.

Pikmon2

Reaction score
It looks like it'll be more like a Fallout 3 sort of feel rather then the old soltiudes where it was just a wasteland with nothing in it. Like, broken cities, and some greenery (some, not much probably) and less brown. From the screenshot. I hope at least x)

W

Wimali

I really, really hope saplings will be something rare. Well, once some people get some saplings and start farming trees they won't be rare anymore obviously, but still... :p

W

Wimali

So is it up in the lobby then?
Nope, only the forums are up! And we're just so damn exciting, everyone decided to spam the solitude forums with useless threads :D But the server isn't actually out yet. Heck, it might still take a week. I'm not even sure if we were supposed to post in this- Maybe they didn't set the permissions correctly?

nitasu987

Reaction score
Nope, only the forums are up! And we're just so damn exciting, everyone decided to spam the solitude forums with useless threads :D But the server isn't actually out yet. Heck, it might still take a week. I'm not even sure if we were supposed to post in this- Maybe they didn't set the permissions correctly?

Oh XD

So how does Solitude work again?

W

Wimali

Oh XD

So how does Solitude work again?
Duffie actually explained that in the discussion thread:
http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/solitude-discussion-thread.12962/

EDIT: well, they combined the threads, so... duffie explained it in this thread, just scroll up :p

Duffie

Reaction score
I hope that we will see cities, or something else, I didnt like just a world with dirt, and everything living removed. I enjoyed discovering new stuff, and traveling through a big map.
I dunno, I thought it was more interesting to find stuff scattered in what was an empty wasteland, because you know it was player-made.