OOC Remnants of the Elements Discussion

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Dude, as far as I'm concerned, we can play all the way to meeting Zwn, Alouette and Tora and then allow them to catch up to us. It's just that others seem to be opposed to that plan, as every mention of another timeskip has been met with "please don't timeskip again" from the rest.
Then can 'the rest' elaborate why we should be sitting in a carriage for 6-8 hours doinng nothing? If you or Fali have something to bring up, then fine. But I don't, and if none of you do, then we're basically stalling without any reason and can just best play out our arrival in Ciasta and stop there instead of here.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Kaito lol nope, he's Katsu now!
(In this format because I can't be bothered to go searching for the requested format)
Height: 4ft 8in
Weight: 83lbs
Build: a little thin and kind of small, but surprisingly strong for his age (about the strength of a 16-year-old male)
Origin: frigid island way down south off the map where other descendants of the frost kingdom recide
Languages: common, Japanese, modern frost kingdom
Ethnicity: frost kingdom (their skin is a light color due to location. they can get sun burns pretty easy up north
Eyes: silvery blue
Hair: light, pale cyan
Attire: sky-blue tunic with light-weight cyan vest, white pants, boots made from the hide of some kind of cold ocean-dwelling creature. Everything except for boots made of a fabric-like magical substance called snow cloth, which keeps the wearer cool in most
Accessories: belt, left-handed back sheath, a wallet and a bag for holding food both attached to the belt.
Equipment: A simple gladius made from some kind of silvery-metal alloy, a small shield.
Personality: kind-hearted, disciplined, respectful.
Special skills: trained in swordplay with most one-handed swords, decent at archery, can form and manipulate ice, able to use a light-weight shield to good effect, skilled at sailing small ships.
Weaknesses: unable to handle 50'f or hotter areas without his tunic, poor swimmer, most people unfamiliar with his people.
Fears: really big moving things that are taller than trees.
Likes: most types of fish, fishing, mutton soup, sailing, snowboarding, going fast, cool-looking (and high quality) swords.
Dislikes: extremely hot places, deserts, jelly fish, swimming.

Last edited:

Catcocomics

Reaction score
This is a little selfish, but could you rename your character? ^_^" I admit that part of the reason why I ask this is because I don't want to confuse Kaito Kuroba with your character, but mostly it's because that's a Japanese name and there is no Japan in existence on the world we're in.
Got any better names in mind?
I'll admit, the name does remind me of that inventor/sidekick from Green Hornet.

Though for the Japanese part being a reason in itself... well, we already have a Victorian-style province, and what's to say the people of the Frost Kingdom didn't learn about Japanese culture through Catcocomics?

Anyways, I'm trying to have the descendants of the Frost Kingdom be kind of a blend on Japanese, Scottish, and Celtic cultures, to help give the world some more cultural divergence.

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
I'll admit, the name does remind me of that inventor/sidekick from Green Hornet.

Though for the Japanese part being a reason in itself... well, we already have a Victorian-style province, and what's to say the people of the Frost Kingdom didn't learn about Japanese culture through Catcocomics?

Anyways, I'm trying to have the descendants of the Frost Kingdom be kind of a blend on Japanese, Scottish, and Celtic cultures, to help give the world some more cultural divergence.
<-- my boy if you need some Japanese names just ask uncle weeaboo

but also as a side note weren't we also trying to stray away from having the cultures and such being like Earth (although i'm all for a japanese-inspired culture in another nation as this one seems to be european/middle ages-inspired)

Faliara

Reaction score

Hm... Try Tetsuya? I generally just think of the character I got that from as Kuroko, so...

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
I wasn't sure if they were double beds or not, so I had added 'from her perspective'. If Light and Endal don't feel comfortable sharing the same bed, she's probably going to either share with one of them or sleep on the floor.
Meanwhile, on Skype, Dr. N Harold Cham and Oskar "Ender" Samuel discuss recent developments in Romance of the Elements:

Faliara

Reaction score
I'm not spitting out coffee so much as restraining myself from laughing. Yes, yes, Himinn is the ultimate seducer, behind the ultimate mask of innocence

But no, seriously, Himinn doesn't really think much of romance. I might end up writing her to have a slight crush on Endal, but unless some cosmic force decides that romance is essential to the storyline, it won't really affect too much of her actions- any thoughts of love she (and in extension, I) might have will probably lead to nowhere, since she will most likely never act on it.

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
I'm not spitting out coffee so much as restraining myself from laughing. Yes, yes, Himinn is the ultimate seducer, behind the ultimate mask of innocence

But no, seriously, Himinn doesn't really think much of romance. I might end up writing her to have a slight crush on Endal, but unless some cosmic force decides that romance is essential to the storyline, it won't really affect too much of her actions- any thoughts of love she (and in extension, I) might have will probably lead to nowhere, since she will most likely never act on it.
Aww, that's no fun at all :c

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
http://fiestasheep.openshells.org/otelib.html

I'll be working on this during schooltimes. Prettifying the site, getting everything to work, etc.
I actually like this idea A LOT

the only thing i don't like is the *otE, like it sounds really gross in the mind and out loud; can't we either find a name for the series as a whole or just name it Guardians of the Elements

also if u need any help with the aesthetics of the site i can volunteer (aka can i help please if its no trouble to u)

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
I actually like this idea A LOT

the only thing i don't like is the *otE, like it sounds really gross in the mind and out loud; can't we either find a name for the series as a whole or just name it Guardians of the Elements

also if u need any help with the aesthetics of the site i can volunteer (aka can i help please if its no trouble to u)
You know HTML/CSS? If so, I could use help. I'm just bugger-all with these markup languages. But would you mind explaining how *otE sounds 'wrong'? I think it's the only real good option we have to denote the Guardian's series in a short acronym.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
You know HTML/CSS? If so, I could use help. I'm just bugger-all with these markup languages. But would you mind explaining how *otE sounds 'wrong'? I think it's the only real good option we have to denote the Guardian's series in a short acronym.
I don't see why it couldn't just be "the Guardians series", or the GotE series for short, if you insist on having an acronym somewhere.

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
sorry this sounds bad now I meant more of planning out the look of it not the actual coding
But I think I used CSS once while i was editing a page (although I used a template) so if you need i could try to learn it a bit more but i might be a total noob

Well the thing with *otE is that it both sounds and looks kinda choppy and odd. I mean, for the usage, it's fine, but when you say it out loud, in your head, or write out the abbreviation, its really weird. Plus, the abbreviation itself looks kinda weird and code-y, which I'm assuming is not something preferable for the actual end look of the library