The Bastard Game: Day 5

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
Hey Unu quick question. Can you state whether or not the list of names+roles you posted a the start of the game is is based on pure instinct or do you have any extra information?

Like tell me the process of what you did. I'm assuming it's one of the following:
1) Did you just copy the list of players and add a random role next ot it.
2) You copied the list of players and added roles bases on your gut suspicions.
3) You got the list of players from ender and it has something to do with your role.
4) whatever else if not exactly one of the above
Number 2.

I will answer Dannis question when I get home and have time (think that will be in around 12 - 14 hours.

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Number 2.

I will answer Dannis question when I get home and have time (think that will be in around 12 - 14 hours.
But I didn't copy the list, I wrote every name
I mean at the time I did pass it off as a shitpost designed once again like we originally thought with danni to test our belief by having info thrown at us right at the start; and he may be trying to play it off now as such because it contains some incriminating evidence against some of his mafia buddies but at this point I'm not really convinced of anything.

I guess we should keep an eye on it and if some predictions come true we should look into it further?

Iggish

Reaction score
Ok, I'm caught up. That was both tedious and interesting at the same time.

I don't know why people are saying Inf's theory is shit. I think it's perfectly reasonable, considering this is a bastard game.
Since the "chain" goes like "Aqua - Danni - OneOneTwo", if we lynch Danni, OneOneTwo could die and I townread him at the moment. We could lynch Aqua to try and get Danni but that could kill Aqua instead. I would be more in favour of lynching Aqua then Danni. This would give us the info we need about if the name killing chain is actually a thing without the risk of killing OneOneTwo (who I think is town). On the other hand, Aqua seems to really want protection so maybe we should just back off for the moment.

I don't really believe Danni's role as the chances of him picking the right person are pretty damn slim so I don't know why that role would even be in the game to begin with.

In addition to townreading OneOneTwo, the other person I town read atm is Notty. I don't really have reads on anyone else atm. In regards to Ltin, I don't think everyone should just disregard what Aqua is saying as I think it mostly rings true but I don't think he should be a lynch target today. Possibly the cop could investigate him.

Thinking about a no-lynch, I don't think it would help us. In my opinion we need to prove / disprove Inffy's theory on the name chains even if that could mean a mislynch. This info could prove vital later on in the game and it would be better to learn it now then tomorrow.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
also im vibing inf as scum tbh <o>

he seems less on point than usual & is making posts to defend danni from what i could tell (tbh his posts were making no sense to me which is unusual since im usually on same wavelength as him) even though they seemed completely irrelevant and he then just voted danni?? IDK it seems off y'know

Iggish

Reaction score
Eh, I think I might have conflicted myself a little in the previous post and it could confuse some people. While I think OneOneTwo is town and it would be preferable not to risk killing him, I think it would be worth the risk and the potential "sacrifice" to prove the chain theory. If the chain theory is wrong then only Danni dies and no harm done (no offence danni).

So IMO the two options we realistically have are Aqua and Danni. If we lynch Aqua we have a chance at killing Aqua or Danni and if we lynch Danni, we have a chance at killing Danni or OneOneTwo. This is a difficult choice to make for me anyway because you have to weigh up the risks. Aqua's eagerness for protection could give away a PR while I town-read OneOneTwo.

Listening to my gut, I think risking lynching Aqua could be a big no-no so I'm tentatively going to vote Danni. Sorry if you get killed OneOneTwo but IMO we need this information and I don't want to risk killing Aqua. Hopefully the chain theory is wrong and Danni just dies harmlessly.

Vote Danni

Iggish

Reaction score
Also a disclaimer: I'm travelling to England today to visit family and I'll be there for ~4/5 days including today. So naturally I'll be a bit distracted. However, I don't think it should affect my ability to play the game too much and I'll try to stay up to date.

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
I don't know why people are saying Inf's theory is shit. I think it's perfectly reasonable, considering this is a bastard game.
Since the "chain" goes like "Aqua - Danni - OneOneTwo", if we lynch Danni, OneOneTwo could die and I townread him at the moment. We could lynch Aqua to try and get Danni but that could kill Aqua instead. I would be more in favour of lynching Aqua then Danni. This would give us the info we need about if the name killing chain is actually a thing without the risk of killing OneOneTwo (who I think is town). On the other hand, Aqua seems to really want protection so maybe we should just back off for the moment.
If that theory is correct, and we end up lets say aqua, but Danni dies instead, then how will oneonetwo die?

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
ok (honestly its been so long since ive been town ive forgotten how to read people zzz) but i kinda believe danni's new mimic claim since my own role name & its perk is like 100% the same as the general mafia universe's role name & ability, and from what i can tell the mimic's new claim supports this apart from it usually being a town role?

danni isnt vibing me as some sort of mafia who has tried to invent this genius play to try and not get lynched (especially since he didnt have to do any of this to begin with) but as a third party who had a fun idea to work with the town since he was actually interested & is now genuinely getting frustrated with town as his best efforts to defend himself are falling flat

i feel like quite a few of the votes on danni are from mafia who are just looking for an easy, inconspicuous lynch and people should look into them more? like i'm not even certain notty is town at this point (sorry bby <3) despite their arguments being logical and concise and actually taking more effort than i would ever be bothered to put in as a scum player

i also don't get Infected_alien8_ 's reasoning for voting danni with the whole 'he might become a mafia member!!!!!!' thing, since the chances of that happening are quite low and it seems to be more of a bandwagon vote than anything?

i didnt believe danni's original claim at all, but this seems a lot more realistic and kinda lines up with his behaviour

maybe i'm just more inclined to believe danni out of pity since i do actually feel bad watching him seem interested in playing and then being relentlessly voted into hell, but i am on team #dontlynchdanni

so yeah i essentially just claimed to be a non-villager role to try and defend a third party so if i die tonight OOPS but it was all in the name of justice!! but i would be interested in voting danni just to see how the naming mechanic works since we know who has danni's name as a role & what danni's role name is BUT i feel like other candidates (e.g. ltin *nudge nudge* Aqua) should be considered before d0 ends and people just BW on danni

Iggish

Reaction score
If that theory is correct, and we end up lets say aqua, but Danni dies instead, then how will oneonetwo die?
Because if we lynch Danni then OneOneTwo could die.

Aqua > Danni > OneOneTwo

If we lynch Aqua:
Aqua > Danni > OneOneTwo

If we lynch Danni:
Aqua > Danni > OneOneTwo

I think the chain theory is most likely correct so the dark red is where they're most likely at risk IMO. Blue is where they're safe. I'm townreading OneOneTwo atm so in theory lynching Aqua would be the best bet but I don't want to risk it. Because even though IMO, the actual person we lynch has a decreased chance of dying then the successive person in the chain, I don't want to risk lynch Aqua as he might be a PR.

However, I would be willing to risk OneOneTwo as there's no indication of him being a PR and it's less risky IMO (although I do townread him).

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
closed games don't reveal the role list

bastard games usually include some type of host deception - deceptive roles or mechanics, designed to screw with what the players think they know about the game

don't worry, i won't actually ruin the game, that would be retarded
also this quote from the sign-up thread both supports and goes against the whole escres members as role names mechanic thing

like it is a deceptive mechanic but at the same time it seems obvious enough that we will all believe it so that when something ELSE happens we're just like ???

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
Because if we lynch Danni then OneOneTwo could die.

Aqua > Danni > OneOneTwo

If we lynch Aqua:
Aqua > Danni > OneOneTwo

If we lynch Danni:
Aqua > Danni > OneOneTwo

So you think we will have to vote on dead players at some point to lynch who we actually want dead? If that theory is correct then I think no mafias will have another mafias name, to not make the game flawed

Iggish

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure Unu
Aqua > Danni > OneOneTwo

If say Danni died

Aqua > Danni > OneOneTwo

and then Aqua was lynched, Aqua would just die as Danni would not be there to take the hit so to speak. That's how I think it would work in that instance.
But to kill OneOneTwo we might have to vote for Danni, a dead person. Idc. I think we should first confirm if the theory is even true or not by lynching Aqua or Danni at our own leisure and if it is true (which I believe it is), then we can begin to guess at the mechanics of it.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Controller
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I don't really believe Danni's role as the chances of him picking the right person are pretty damn slim so I don't know why that role would even be in the game to begin with.
What do you want me to do? Tell ender to fuck of sideways and give me a new role? I already tried that, he said no.

It’s such a dick move by you so say that my role is too stupid to be in the game, both towards me and ender.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Controller
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I will state this once more, I want to side with town, but you guys mke it fucking hard.

There was no reason for me to claim my role, unless I wanted to side with town, it was to get rid of any supicoun later in the game and get it out of the way.

YOU CAN EVEN KNOW IF I CANT BE MAFIA, IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO BE MAFIA WITHOUT ONE DYING IN THE NIGHT.