The Happy Vice Institute - Game Complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
i'm not, i don't know if it is detrimental or not

what i do think is that if he keeps the rest of his role as secret or vague as he has so far, he will lead us around in circles, without those of us who don't know exactly what to look for in his softclaims actually coming out having a single clue as to what he actually does

i think that is highly detrimental to overall discussion and thus detrimental to the town
but we don't have to keep discussing it, we can just drop it

the only reason I see to investigate it any further at this point is if you think he's suspicious (which I for one don't anymore), otherwise it doesn't make sense to me to say 'well you've given us some information so now you have to give it all or we'll just keep talking about it'

PokeSvorlds

Reaction score
i dont really think pushing tim for his claim is going to be helpful tbh. I think he's given away a decent amount of information that it's actually decently obvious how his vice (approximately) works, but i think he's at the point that it would be hard to directly interfere with it (assuming he's town) or abuse it, which i think would probably be good.

PokeSvorlds

Reaction score
also i recall seeing him hint like that before in other games so i dont think it's particularly scummy. Not sure it was as crudely/forcefully which could def be him being awkwardly copying his town actions as scum but i have my doubts that we can determine anything like that rn

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
That's exactly what an Occupation ID killer would say.
Why would that matter if you've designated someone? Is it because your occupation is religious leader ?

this is a hypothetical situation, of course,
Ender confirmed having a coffee drug vice

I definitely agree with your perspective and why you would feel that way. I have nothing to defend myself from that without it sounding like a cop-out, it's just the truth. I'm not worried about it from a game perspective, but a personal one.
This is cute

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
but we don't have to keep discussing it, we can just drop it

the only reason I see to investigate it any further at this point is if you think he's suspicious (which I for one don't anymore), otherwise it doesn't make sense to me to say 'well you've given us some information so now you have to give it all or we'll just keep talking about it'
i mean the fact that this discussion even flared up as strongly as it did is at least somewhat suspicious imo

at some point tim just came forward with these vague claims about his role when he really had no need to, so that makes me wonder if it was an attempt to divert discussion away from something else that was going on at the moment, if he really wanted to be sure that someone would see those vague claims regarding his role, or if it wasn't either of those, then what was it

plus the whole softclaiming to feel safe later when fully claiming seems like scum setting up a false claim to make it more believable later, although i can put that aside for now since tim said it was more a personality thing and i can at least see how that can be possible, even if i don't particularly believe it much

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
i mean the fact that this discussion even flared up as strongly as it did is at least somewhat suspicious imo

at some point tim just came forward with these vague claims about his role when he really had no need to, so that makes me wonder if it was an attempt to divert discussion away from something else that was going on at the moment
but the reason it came up was because we asked for him to elaborate on his vague claims

the reason he claimed something vague was because I was suspecting him for memeing so to clear that up he explained it wasn't just memes

so I don't see it as an attempt by tim to distract from anything other than possibly suspicion on himself from me, in which case it wasn't at a time when 'he really had no need to' and I could see him doing it as town if he's being truthful too

if he really wanted to be sure that someone would see those vague claims regarding his role, or if it wasn't either of those, then what was it
maybe but this doesn't make me suspicious of him, I don't see why it would to anyone really but maybe there's something I'm missing

plus the whole softclaiming to feel safe later when fully claiming seems like scum setting up a false claim to make it more believable later, although i can put that aside for now since tim said it was more a personality thing and i can at least see how that can be possible, even if i don't particularly believe it much
idk if he's have decided upon a fake claim so early on in the game, he designated like less than 24 hours after game start iirc

hipmeow

Reaction score
so @hipmeow why did you want to know what his vice is since saying that what he said sounded weird isn't specific enough for me
i already explained why GOD
im not thats why i said hes doing something negative to the person he designated, and id really like to know any kind of vice which would be beneficial to someone bar maybe mafia i guess

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
this doesnt sound like my notty
only other similar thing i could find was
This is cute
so maybe the vice includes some speech compulsion thing about having to call things cute/adorable/that line of adjectives BUT this quote does sound like notty so idk

dont say anything like this a third time since speech compulsion always comes in threes!!!!!! (atleast it did in tpb i think)

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
wait thats the wrong quote
this still doesn't answer my question and idk why notty keeps agreeing with you as if it does

tim could easily be a vigilante or something that designates someone to die upon his death, I don't see why him doing something negative to someone makes you want to know more about their role

and I certainly don't see why it makes you want to know about their vice specifically rather than their role itself considering if you're implying the reason is that you're suspicious of him for his ability, then why are you asking for the thing that triggers it rather than the ability itself

hipmeow

Reaction score
tim could easily be a vigilante or something that designates someone to die upon his death, I don't see why him doing something negative to someone makes you want to know more about their role
he should could be vig but wait maybe he could be a serial killer or a mafia, i think he should tell us his vice and maybe we might find out

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
while im here i guess i should say my thoughts on everything else since ive been fairly quiet

inf thinks hip is mafia and is questioning what he's saying too much in an attempt to find a lead which (probably) isnt there but i do find hip semi-suspicious but i dont think this line of questioning about his words is going anywhere

tim's claim having a link between drugs and then designating someone is a bit weird? but also my role's vice and action don't have much relevance to eachother flavour wise so who am i to say - i don't find the crumb leaving thing suspicious since i also do it as town sometimes (throwback to me saying 'i said i had a bland rolename day 0!!!!' 1000 times last game as justification) and i don't think he'd be so open about his role instantly if he was mafia but it's certainly not off the table

Status
Not open for further replies.