[Concluded] The Party at the Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeSvorlds

Reaction score
To clarify on the logic that led me to this assumption, based off of what we know so far my best guess is that the machine performs certain actions via proxy (e.g. someone tells the machine to do something, machine does that thing for them). Since having the machine only do the nightkill would make life easy for any tracker/watcher roles that exist, I'm assuming that there must be some reason for 3p and even some town roles to visit the machine as well.
okay fair that would make decent sense.

Also do we have a list of professions here at this establishment? I'm not quite sure why you all are here...
we don't have anything like that no lol. it's a closed setup so we don't really know anything about the other roles that exist until they die or people make hyper-intelligent guesses

Did I miss something re: Boo? Three votes out of the gate on them.
not really lol. most of my reasoning is the same as mis', i thought the two things they had said were a little odd and the fact they had only said two things was odder. wanted to plop a second vote on and see what they said when they came on, whenever that is

Mischief

Reaction score
/shrug pressure is good early game and if it turns out to be a bad lynch you have wolf wagon suspects

It's the opposite of blending, blending in would not voting. By voting a policy lynch it's people just willingly putting a spotlight on themselves

I will say, bad idea to follow me and I will be surprised if this lynch goes through but it's getting the reaction I want from people that will be probably useful later down the road

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
You can blend with and without voting. It's why RVS exists in the first place for D0, people throw votes everyone or stack votes to look like they're contributing.

Experience levels vary here, it's a real possibility people hide by stacking. It's food for thought.

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
(Unrelated post a second before I forget this)
I just realised we didn't have the 17 players we were meant to when the game started, we had 16 instead. So its likely that some town/3p/mafia role got cut, so I wouldnt assume any specific role definitely exists

D

Deleted member 4601

I'm not sure if reading votes is all that effective this early on in the game and it might just be better to go by vibes as we move on, though given the activity here (with inactive people like me) that's inherently limited

Or we could pressure people idk

Maintenance guy sounds important though it seems to me that the Saboteur doesn't actually do anything to the Machine other than visit it, unless it's not written in the role reveal

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Anyone else get an item? Mine’s Halloween themed, another plus side of delaying the game, we get this lovely coincidence.
Surprised this got ignored. Any other items that can be confirmed?

nothing happened to me last night which is BORING and thats not an invitation for mafia to come kill me tonight; stay back you ruffians. also lets be honest if there is a 3p killer person they are going to have some fancy things they need to do or whatever to kill people because vanilla serial killers are outdated in this day and age if you ask me
Don't like this post. Feels way too try-hard to be goofy town. Lot of people taking that route so probably just NAI but it's rubbing me the wrong way. The role speculation here is interesting considering a normal-ish SK is a real possibility that Inf mentions having happened recently. I don't think any potential role should be dismissed this early when there's a shitton out there.

What makes you assume that a serial killer exists?
As mebtioned above, I'm not fishing for role info so much as im fishing for info about the machine. At this point I think it would be best if the Maintenance Guy not reveal, especially if they're a doctor-equivalent as Mis has theorized.
You asked regarding people's night actions in terms of how they interact w/the machine and if their actions are different if directed at players. Sounds like that reveals a decent amount of people's role info early game when there's no good reason to yet. Not enough flips, not enough to go off of. The massclaiming will come, doing anything similar this early will be a clusterfuckapocalypse.

Vote boooo? Because it's the popular to do? Also do we have a list of professions here at this establishment? I'm not quite sure why you all are here...
Yeah this roleplay thing is going to be fun to try to read. I've got some issues with this here though.
1) Sheeping the Boo vote because it's trending. Could easily be loltown, but possible newbscum here.
2) Asking for role info early. Not D1, chief.

D0 was a mass of shitposts so I've got basically nothing to go off of. Mis's posting read off to me and their vote for Poke went completely ignored by their target. Don't think their interactions/lack of interaction with each other has been genuine.
Mis and Poke also both happen to be on the Boo vote. Fun coincidence there.

Would be helpful if Boo would offer some posts.

Mischief

Reaction score
Reasoning for boo was that there wasn't really a reason so ah

Again poke or I usually vote other day 0 regardless of what we know of the other. We did it in economy and usually on discord games as well. He could be mafia but the reasoning shouldn't be because I associated with the day 0 , but because he is possibly wolf wagoning

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
What's your gut telling you? Because I find I'm quite queasy from the dasterly chipper scene...
it's telling me stranger's trying too hard and their questions are moreso coming from a 'look I'm being townie and investigative' rather than a genuine place

idk why but that's how their posts feel to me

Don't like this post. Feels way too try-hard to be goofy town. Lot of people taking that route so probably just NAI but it's rubbing me the wrong way.
it also rubbed me the wrong way since it seems such a bizarre thought to consider, to say 'oh me saying it was boring doesn't mean I want to be killed', so it felt like it had some different intention behind it - whether that's pretending he cares to overcompensate for knowing he won't be killed by mafia, or whether it's linked to his role as a townie or whatever though, who knows

plus hip using a semi-colon is bizarre on its own

but with the semi-colon in particular I don't think hip as scum would be hugely likely to do that since in the past as scum (although it's been ages ago but I do think he'd still be like this) he was really paranoid and reading into his own words to try to find what might possibly be found to be suspicious and re-writing his posts and I think he'd have seen that this would stick out as bizarre and re-write it if he was in that mindset, since imo at least hip using a semi-colon is very clearly out of character and I think he'd recognize that

but also WIFOM and also he could've just decided not to be so paranoid this game to make it more fun etc etc so I don't think it warrants a town read but it ultimately made me decide it wasn't something that made me officially suspicious basically

also:

The role speculation here is interesting considering a normal-ish SK is a real possibility that Inf mentions having happened recently.
fwiw hip didn't play that game and I think from memory, from hip's perspective it has been forever since he's played a game with a normal sk so I can see his point as being genuine there

PokeSvorlds

Reaction score
I just realised we didn't have the 17 players we were meant to when the game started, we had 16 instead. So its likely that some town/3p/mafia role got cut, so I wouldnt assume any specific role definitely exists
do you mean a role like maintenance guy? i assume not since that obviously exists
i guess you mean like a possible watcher/tracker, or a random role like doc. but since there's no evidence for a doc or anything else it's the same as any game? and probably something as integral to the setup as the first wouldnt get cut

im more suspicious that the boo voters have decided they have reasoning to their votes rather than it just being random votes for fun (maybe to spare mars' wrath)
Not much to go off of other than they looked to serious in lynching me when I was joking around.

It's also that they have been mostly nit here/active so I was wondering if they could have been a killing role but didn't do night action. It's unlikely but they just stick out to me more than most for some reason and not in a good way

It's nothing much so I'm open to better choices/switching, don't stick a fork in me for a Lynch of a whim

Basically "bad vibe" do you a better choice/idea of a person?
Reasoning for boo was that there wasn't really a reason so ah
mis kinda did kinda justify her vote and then say there was no reason after you said this, but i was slightly sus of boo and it was as good a time to put pressure as any

He could be mafia but the reasoning shouldn't be because I associated with the day 0 , but because he is possibly wolf wagoning
v tru

The role speculation here is interesting considering a normal-ish SK is a real possibility that Inf mentions having happened recently. I don't think any potential role should be dismissed this early when there's a shitton out there.
tbh i'd probably think the same i dont actually think ive ever played a closed setup with a normal sk, but no they shouldnt be dismissed. im pretty sure this was brought up in the context of there being no second kill because a sk might have to jump through hoops, which is quite reasonable

Mis and Poke also both happen to be on the Boo vote. Fun coincidence there.
i mean i dont feel as insulted as last game when inffy thought i was teaming with boo but im still disappointed

What's your gut telling you? Because I find I'm quite queasy from the dasterly chipper scene...
do you have any gut feelings that involve the living people rather than the dead

it's telling me stranger's trying too hard and their questions are moreso coming from a 'look I'm being townie and investigative' rather than a genuine place
idk about trying too hard, they said one thing at the start and basically nothing else so far. other part maybe but that wasnt really how ive ever seen them as mafia

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
Alignment: Self-aligned

Abilities: Each night, you may visit a player. You learn whether or not that player is the Maintenance Guy.

Win condition: You win by visiting the Machine after the Maintenance Guy has died.
mhm i think the Maintenance Guy is another 3p. it doesnt make sense to me that they would be town or maf. if that was the case, and this maintenance guy got lynched or killed early on, twg would have been able to win so easily. if twg's role was clearly harmful to either town or maf that could still mean the maintenance guy belonged to either one, but that doesnt seem to be the case. hence i think maintenace guy is just another 3p with a similair role to twg.

also, why is boo being voted, just seems like some people voted them early on for RVS or whatever, and now people are piling on. smells fishy

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
idk about trying too hard, they said one thing at the start and basically nothing else so far. other part maybe but that wasnt really how ive ever seen them as mafia
In addition, here's a couple questions I think we should discuss:
1. Does your night action have a different effect on the machine than it does other players?
2. Will your role be affected in any way if you choose to visit the machine?

As far as I'm aware my answer to both these questions is no.
I'd like to learn more about the machine and how it operates since its a significant part of this setup.

What makes you assume that a serial killer exists?
Could you explain this a bit more?
these three questions all felt that way to me (moreso the last and the first though, the middle one was one I just found while going onto their posts and thought 'yeah I kinda get that feeling there too' which could just be confirmation bias, but it does seem a bizarre question since mars wasn't assuming there was an sk and in the post she quoted when she asked him that he already explained his reasoning behind thinking there was one so maybe that's why it feels like it's not genuine)

PokeSvorlds

Reaction score
mhm i think the Maintenance Guy is another 3p. it doesnt make sense to me that they would be town or maf. if that was the case, and this maintenance guy got lynched or killed early on, twg would have been able to win so easily.
how is that not true for a 3p maintenance guy

these three questions all felt that way to me (moreso the last and the first though, the middle one was one I just found while going onto their posts and thought 'yeah I kinda get that feeling there too' which could just be confirmation bias, but it does seem a bizarre question since mars wasn't assuming there was an sk and in the post she quoted when she asked him that he already explained his reasoning behind thinking there was one so maybe that's why it feels like it's not genuine)
does feel a little stiff but shrug

"since mars wasn't assuming there was an sk and in the post she quoted when she asked him that he already explained his reasoning behind thinking there was one"
did you just say he didnt assume there was a sk and then say he already explained why he assumed there was a sk

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
how is that not true for a 3p maintenance guy

does feel a little stiff but shrug

"since mars wasn't assuming there was an sk and in the post she quoted when she asked him that he already explained his reasoning behind thinking there was one"
did you just say he didnt assume there was a sk and then say he already explained why he assumed there was a sk
no mars did say he thought there was an SK and explained why but he wasn't "assuming" there was an SK, at least there's nothing in his post that suggests he is just assuming it

Status
Not open for further replies.