They Are Among Us [Game Complete!]

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Gut wins out!!!! This is my first time playing this type of mafia game, I usually play via discord, so it's cool that people type such big, long paragraphs. The more people talk, the more you can sense their vibe. If I don't vibe with 'em, I vote for 'em.

Also what does "SR" stand for? Lots of new terms lol
But your original arguments of it being unlikely we'll kill mafia today and wanting to wait a night to see about items are still there. I don't see why us talking more than you thought would be enough to justify letting go of those? We haven't talked so much that suddenly there's a big chance of us lynching mafia now, surely? Can you help me understand what happened?

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Votecount 6: Oops I've Been Counting Wrong This Whole Time
erik5456 - Timdood3, Fog [L-4]
Good Skele - erik5456 [L-5]
InfectedAlien8_ - Unusual_dood, MarsKid [L-4]
Fog - Pairjax [L-5]
Pairjax - InfectedAlien8_ [L-5]

With 11 players alive, it takes 6 players to lynch and 6 players to no lynch. If no player receives the majority of votes by the deadline, nobody will be lynched.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Guess I'll be more specific as well about why those two posts of yours smell bad to me fog

I feel that this went from 0 - 100 hahahah

The fact that Pair just jumped in doesn't sit well with me, but I still feel that Erik is the most suspicious, followed by Inf.

In other news has sessybessy actually said anything regarding their reads yet?
'I feel that this went from 0 - 100 hahahah' just isn't relatable to me? Like I don't feel that way at all so it feels like you know something I don't which is why it seems so different to you (and specifically I mean, you know pair is maf so things have gotten intense all of a sudden)

Letting pair's thing go for now because erik and myself are more suspicious also just doesn't seem right. Like, in my eyes pair's vote there was easily by far the most suspicious thing anyone's done all game, so much so that my instant knee-jerk reaction was to vote for them as soon as I saw it, so you still clinging onto the stuff on erik/me (I'm not even sure why you find me suspicious? Why is that?) seems like there's some extra agenda going on there which is causing you to do this rather than go with the (in my opinion) clearly more suspicious-looking person

There you go guys, he has said it - GAME OVER

(this is a joke post just in case people don't see the sarcasm)
And then finally, feeling the need to specify this as a joke is just so bizarre to me? Like it's obviously a joke? You're fog, you make loads of jokes that are less obviously-a-joke than this without clarifying. It just comes off as out of character and therefore weird, like you're unusually paranoid about how you're being seen or something.

But then how do I reconcile my read of you with my read of pair? Unless pair is trying to bus you which I find very unlikely since that'd be such a bizarre choice to make day 0 in my opinion.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Letting pair's thing go for now because erik and myself are more suspicious also just doesn't seem right. Like, in my eyes pair's vote there was easily by far the most suspicious thing anyone's done all game, so much so that my instant knee-jerk reaction was to vote for them as soon as I saw it, so you still clinging onto the stuff on erik/me (I'm not even sure why you find me suspicious? Why is that?) seems like there's some extra agenda going on there which is causing you to do this rather than go with the (in my opinion) clearly more suspicious-looking person
(And I know you find erik more suspicious than I do already, but even then, I can't see you finding him THAT suspicious that pair's random complete 180 here doesn't make you more suspicious of him than erik, since my impression is that you're not exactly confident erik is scum but he's suspicious enough for you to choose him over anyone else. And to me, pair's 180 should be enough to make you prefer that over what you've had on erik so far. I dunno, I know it's kinda stupid to assume you'll think of pair's move as just as suspicious as I do, and maybe I'm wrong about how confident you are on erik, it just felt this way to me when I read it

Pairjax

Reaction score
6hrs. left to deadline. Consolidation needs to be in Inf/Erik/Pairjax imo. Those wagons provide the most, mainly Inf/Erik.
Ok, gotcha. Right now infectedalien & Erik are the most voted for. Infectedalien I don't feel comfy about voting for yet, though they talk waaaay too much, but what do we have against Erik?

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Ok, gotcha. Right now infectedalien & Erik are the most voted for. Infectedalien I don't feel comfy about voting for yet, though they talk waaaay too much, but what do we have against Erik?
I know what I have against Erik. You can check my ISO.

I'd like to know what you feel about an Inf vote or an Erik vote yourself.

Why does an Inf vote make you uncomfortable? He talks a lot. I've been talking a lot too though, as has Tim earlier, and neither of us pinged you?

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
I'm calling absolute bullshit on this one. Time is ticking down deadline wise and you decide to hard claim cop right before N1?

(...)

I'm reluctant to simply bandwagon onto you especially with deadline coming up, but could you come up with a better defense then "Inf voted me, I am cop so lynch him"?
Sorry, I guess the more sensible thing to do was to wait until the deadline chaos so people would have less time to process information, and which more often leads to rushed decisions.

That's the best I got.

You only had one vote on you and felt pressured to claim? I'm not sure if I follow that at all. You were sus but far from the chopping block.
People suspecting me where a lot more than 1, and with the two most active and arguably influencing people being amongst them I am fairly confident that I would recieve enough votes to eventually have to claim in hopes of surviving.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Tbh after thinking about it more, I feel like the first two points I made above don't really hold up and I think it was just confirmation bias on my part. Like, thinking about it more I can see why you might see it as 0 - 100. And like I said above, it's not really fair for me to assume you'll see pair's move as the same amount of suspiciousness that I would, if you were town.

I do still think the 'this is a joke btw' part is weird though

(talking about this post for reference)

Guess I'll be more specific as well about why those two posts of yours smell bad to me fog

'I feel that this went from 0 - 100 hahahah' just isn't relatable to me? Like I don't feel that way at all so it feels like you know something I don't which is why it seems so different to you (and specifically I mean, you know pair is maf so things have gotten intense all of a sudden)

And then finally, feeling the need to specify this as a joke is just so bizarre to me? Like it's obviously a joke? You're fog, you make loads of jokes that are less obviously-a-joke than this without clarifying. It just comes off as out of character and therefore weird, like you're unusually paranoid about how you're being seen or something.

But then how do I reconcile my read of you with my read of pair? Unless pair is trying to bus you which I find very unlikely since that'd be such a bizarre choice to make day 0 in my opinion.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Sorry, I guess the more sensible thing to do was to wait until the deadline chaos so people would have less time to process information, and which more often leads to rushed decisions.

That's the best I got.

People suspecting me where a lot more than 1, and with the two most active and arguably influencing people being amongst them I am fairly confident that I would recieve enough votes to eventually have to claim in hopes of surviving.
You didn't need to wait til like 10 mins before the deadline though? Just a few more hours would've been fine to make sure you were claiming cop when you really needed to. It's not like people tend to hammer without a claim first unless the deadline is a lot closer than what it was.

Like, I'm just confused why you claimed at the time you did. Being "fairly confident" that you'd have to have claimed doesn't really justify potentially losing town their cop via being roleblocked to me, when you could've waited a bit longer

Pairjax

Reaction score
I know what I have against Erik. You can check my ISO.

I'd like to know what you feel about an Inf vote or an Erik vote yourself.

Why does an Inf vote make you uncomfortable? He talks a lot. I've been talking a lot too though, as has Tim earlier, and neither of us pinged you?
He quotes me way too much, so I read his comments more thoroughly I guess. I'm not saying he ISN'T mafia, I just guess I don't want to assume that about someone who's suspicious about me. I'll vote for eric I guess.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
He quotes me way too much, so I read his comments more thoroughly I guess. I'm not saying he ISN'T mafia, I just guess I don't want to assume that about someone who's suspicious about me. I'll vote for eric I guess.
Could you respond to my post earlier pls:

But your original arguments of it being unlikely we'll kill mafia today and wanting to wait a night to see about items are still there. I don't see why us talking more than you thought would be enough to justify letting go of those? We haven't talked so much that suddenly there's a big chance of us lynching mafia now, surely? Can you help me understand what happened?

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
This isn't your average, ordinary fencesitting. This is advanced fencesitting.

Unvote
vote Pair

Why do you want to vote Erik?

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
You didn't need to wait til like 10 mins before the deadline though? Just a few more hours would've been fine to make sure you were claiming cop when you really needed to. It's not like people tend to hammer without a claim first unless the deadline is a lot closer than what it was.

Like, I'm just confused why you claimed at the time you did. Being "fairly confident" that you'd have to have claimed doesn't really justify potentially losing town their cop via being roleblocked to me, when you could've waited a bit longer
Could have waited longer, but the end result would have been the same, except now we got more time to figure out a sensible lynch.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Could have waited longer, but the end result would have been the same, except now we got more time to figure out a sensible lynch.
But you don't know that the end result would've been the same, is my point. Just seemed way too soon to conclude you were gonna be up for a lynch just because 3 people mentioned you as suspicious. You didn't even try to defend yourself from me, you just gave up and claimed. It's not like you couldn't have changed my mind by explaining more why you thought I was reading 'way into' sessy's thing.

I see what you mean about having more time to work out a different option though.

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score

Pairjax

Reaction score
watch me go OMEGA FENCESITTING

"But your original arguments of it being unlikely we'll kill mafia today and wanting to wait a night to see about items are still there. I don't see why are us talking more than you thought would be enough to justify letting go of those? We haven't talked so much that suddenly there's a big chance of us lynching mafia now, surely? Can you help me understand what happened?"

Becuase normally in most mafia games I'VE played the first day ends in 24 hours, and usually people BARELY say anything. if I had known there was going to be TEN PAGES of discussion in the first day I would've certainly had a different opinion. The reason why I said "we have a low chance of knowing who the mafia is" is because I thought we'd go straight to the night shift.

"Why do you want to vote for Erik"

No reason! Ok, you wanna know who I REALLY wanna vote for? Fog, the same person I was first suspicious of. They vibe wrong, and I stick to that. So yeah, I'm fencesitting again. What are you gonna do, brutally murder me? Do it and prove my point.

Vote Fog

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
But you don't know that the end result would've been the same, is my point. Just seemed way too soon to conclude you were gonna be up for a lynch just because 3 people mentioned you as suspicious. You didn't even try to defend yourself from me, you just gave up and claimed. It's not like you couldn't have changed my mind by explaining more why you thought I was reading 'way into' sessy's thing.
I have witnessed enough lynches to know when someone will have to either claim or get lynched (or most likely both).