EscapeRemastered Mafia: Economy of Madness [Day 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Maybe a message where they said they forgot some info in certain role PM's and sent it now would be nice so that Inf & stranger can't compare experiences in solitude.
agreed Timdood3 I know ur asleep but ur presence is requested, 4 players need modkilling and you need to own up to any mistakes I guess since pm mechanics are now the focus of the town and it's too late for us to just forget about it.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
its not likely
Which is my point, a series of unlikely

notty

for the

millionth time

if im town i had no clue what the answer to 'do you have more or less than average' was
You don't? So you haven't speculated for a singular second how much coins everyone has? You couldn't of given an assumption based on that speculation? You didn't have to know to give an answer. But you're Mafia so you were to scared to give an answer.

wait I just realised my whole talking point about assuming I was the exception by being given coins is breaking pm mechanics

well guess I need to be mod killed too lmao
Is it thought, I'd say you can freely say you got coins

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
agreed Timdood3 I know ur asleep but ur presence is requested, 4 players need modkilling and you need to own up to any mistakes I guess since pm mechanics are now the focus of the town and it's too late for us to just forget about it.
i mean its not like its saying anything about any of our alignments anyway

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
You don't? So you haven't speculated for a singular second how much coins everyone has? You couldn't of given an assumption based on that speculation? You didn't have to know to give an answer. But you're Mafia so you were to scared to give an answer.
ah yes let me use my magic powers to determine how many coins town has on average because thats a reasonable thing to expect of me :)))

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
No mr triggerhappy I remember very well you ruining my game by modkilling people before we don't need modkills we need to interrogate and or lynch Inf

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
who is the rest of the town
like sessy/hk/twg/UNU
maybe alisha now?
since youre being voted for right now by me + notty + aqua + stranger i think & skele recently-enough said he was suspicious of you (and me)
thats pretty much 5/6 votes!
skele only said he was uncertain of me it didnt mean he sussed me he said that about me a bunch last game as well and never voted me

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Is it thought, I'd say you can freely say you got coins
He said no analysing of phrasing - my argument is based off the fact he said because I have no way of getting coins today I start off with coins, implying townies who don't have coins have some way of getting money today.

I guess I'm not comparing it to another persons role pm but if the other things are banned this should probably be banned too...

this is why 'pm mechanics' in closed set ups suck smh

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
im being helpful to the town, youre not
I'm not the one stonewalling every single helpful question under the pretense that its the most dangerous thing since sliced bread
[/QUOTE]
wow maybe, just maybe, it is actually a dangerous thing to answer, and it isnt helpful!!!!

explain to me right now how me answering whether im PR or not will be helpful to your read on me

and explain to me right now how its not possible that me answering is detrimental to town

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Mooglie Aqua can you not see how like openly scummy notty is im so baffled
Notty's done a fair bit of manipulative language and gishgalloping but I think that's just notty - your defence seems far more fishy than her arguments. That being said if you do flip town she will be my number 1 suspect.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Why are you pretending like thats not a normal thing for Town to do

Am I crazy to have wondered how many coins other people might have? Must have been
ofc i wondered thats entirely different from coming up with a reasonable guess as to what the average is and acting like it was reasonable of you to ask me where i thought i lied within the range, i would have exactly zero clue how many coins people had, if i had 3 coins i could think majority had 4 or 2, theres 0 way for me to know that

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
if i had 3 coins i could think majority had 4 or 2, theres 0 way for me to know that
So why didn't you just say that immediately lmao instead of going

'no'

'no'

'no'

'no'

'oh wait I misread the game emchanics'

'less'

'exactly the same'

'uh'

'uhhhhh'

'ummmm'

'wasn't me'

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
cuz idk if tim means moreso 'dont compare the structure of words etc' vs 'dont talk about the info you didnt get'
The former.

So, a few things. First, I rushed out the start of the game before I was quite ready because the time that I had planned to finalize everything got used for unexpected emergency and I didn't want to keep anyone waiting longer than you already had.
Regarding role PMs:
1) Role PMs were written as they were sent, I'm not perfect and some people had their PMs amended.
2) If your PM doesn't have a coin amount, you have 0. That's something I should've clarified, but I didn't think from a player's perspective there.
3) I would really like to avoid "the host told me this in private" in the future, as I feel that is becoming a more common problem lately. I didn't expect the amendment of role PMs to have as much as an impact as they have and I should've stepped in sooner.

Regarding mechanics:
You are free to compare your role and what it does to other players'. To ask "What is the first letter of your PM?" is analyzing the structure of the PM rather than its actual contents. For example, in a game like Trouble in Terrorist Town, the tactic of "Spell 'Innocent' backwards!" would be in violation of this rule.

Please let me know if this clears things up. If it doesn't, please tell me how I can be clearer.

Status
Not open for further replies.