Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

Hamish

Reaction score
Hey Guys!

I sent this message to UltimateBudgie quite a while ago, but I guess he hasn't got round to reading it, so I wondered if you guys could answer it!

Basically, I am in the middle of making Escape the NPC 3 (or possibly Block Science Labs), and just was thinking about how it would be implemented into Blocktopia...

The main concern of mine is that the map will require a Bukkit plugin and a custom texture pack. The custom texture pack can easily be download if I remind the user to do so at the start, but I was wondering about the Bukkit plugin...

Is it possible to have my Bukkit plugin uploaded to Blocktopia, then used on Escape the NPC 3?

I would like to know soon-ish, as I am thinking whether to also create a version without the plugin, but will be a lot less awesome, and may have to skip out a test or two!

Oh, and what do you guys think of the name "Block Science Labs"? I personally think it's slightly more catchy :)

Best Regards,

Hamish (macwinexpert)

Dragosh

Adventurer
Reaction score
Feel free to start a conversation on the forums, or find me on irc and we can discuss the possible addition of the plugin. I think you would get more downloads with Escape the NPC 3, as the name is fairly popular, and people will recognize the series.

Hamish

Reaction score
Ok, was just making sure that it would theoretically possible to implement the plugin! I think we should talk about it nearer the time when the plugin & map is completed :)

Regarding the name change, I think it is a valid point that the name "Escape the NPC 3" will be more recognisable to people, however I feel the name "Block Science Labs" fits the map a lot better as the main villain is going to be more a robot than testificate! I also feel as the map is quite Portal-esque, "Block Science Labs" will re-enforce that theme :)

I think what I will do, is just mention the fact that it is made by the same person who made Escape the NPC 1 & 2, I think that will make it more recognisable to people who have played the original two maps!

Thanks for all your feedback and help,

Hamish (macwinexpert)