Declined [FFA] Blades by jackamel

Status
Not open for further replies.

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
Hi Jackamel, ty for submitting this map.

Okay, this will be a quick reply for now. I am going to state the obvious here: the map is just snow. While this does not have to mean the map is bad, its size and layout brings some problems. Getting around the map can be obnoxious, since the whole map is just tilted snow and it seems normal speed is kind of low. Therefore I advice to give all players a speed II effect (or at least speed I, depending on what you and others think) to make getting around the map a bit easier.

As for the remaining part, how did you decide on the kits/ did you test the kits?

That is it, I am neutral towards the map for now.

G

Guest35486

Hi Jackamel, thanks for submitting the map. Before I make a proper post, may I ask where the spawn(s) would be?

(Also, ice hats aren't possible with AoD's kits system.)

G

Guest35486

Alright, I had a chance to look at the map some more. While utilizing snowballs is an interesting and relatively unique idea for AoD, I do have some concerns for the map.

Like HK has mentioned, I do agree that the slanted snow is annoying to navigate. Speed may help, but I feel like the overall structure may not work well. The slopes and height difference may be inconvenient for PvP, especially when it's the most important aspect for FFA. Compared to the other game modes, FFA's PvP is a lot more direct and the structure of this map easily separates players from each other and disrupts fights. Other than that, the design is relatively simple and I would like to see more.

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Thanks for yet another map Jack.

As pointed out by Hk and Arelic, the slopes would likely be annoying for game play and disrupt fighting. I also feel that the map is a little too small for FFA and also prevents player from running away or using any type of strategy.
Kits wise, I don't see too much of an issue here though.

Due to the problems pointed out by Hk, Arelic and myself however, I'm going to decline the map.
-Declined

Status
Not open for further replies.