Gett's Writings

gettinthere

Reaction score
Not for the feint-hearted. The existence of any entries is plausible. If any names, places, or locations are similar to nonfictional items, it is entirely chance.

In the distant future, I may do an animation of any entries I select. I would need to build up my animating skills as necessary if I choose to do so.

It is a bright and dark sunset. I can't even tell if it's sunrise. The bright star glows very bright, but I can see it just fine without my eyes hurting. The sky is an indescribable blue, orange, and brown. The sounds of the ocean waves break the daunting star. The air becomes musky.

Papa hasn't returned yet. He went up to be a guardsman for Fort Avis. Fort Avis has riches beyond the eye can see. A vast city, made of buildings of stone and wood, has a lavish amount of ores, peasant servants, tools and weapons to arm our country six times, and other tales of untold riches. Mama says Papa went to Fort Avis because he's a mad man. Mama's been working in the houses of the rich upperclass families.

I have to go down to the corner of Lord Talan every day. Mama says to help Lord Talan, but he isn't like the rich men of the northwest corner of Polis. Lord Talan is an old frayed veteran who spoke of this sunset or sunrise I see before me. I fear that Lord Talan has a greater existence and is a force not to be reckoned with. Before I go to Lord Talan's house, I go to school in the late morning.

My friends pick on me because I'm poor, but I am a much hard worker than them. Their parents buy their way out of their education, while I have learned much and even became friends with Madam Aris. She offered my parents a free flat in the commercial district, because I have been a poor and good student. I have very few true friends.

One of them is Raul, who is a gypsy, taught me various things. He taught me how to steal from anyone, even guardsmen. He also taught me how to make a fire with a stick and dried leaves, throw many irregular things with nearly perfect aim, and climbing on buildings. Yesterday at Talan's house, we scaled his backside wall. It was quite the performance as we were kids.

Not everyone is impressed. The rich kids receive lavish gifts, large inheritance, and so fourth... All of them scoff our hard work. Is there benefit to which of I am? I find joy in bettering myself, only to find that not the rich kids are pleased. Do I need the support of the rich kids? I feel entitled to do so, because it is money, which the rich kids have, that keeps every city afloat.

One day, I want to see a country that can have happy people. Mama says she wants the entire family to live in one big house that isn't overly done. The country would be overfilling with happiness, enough to bring happiness to the other warring countries.

gettinthere

Reaction score
Despite first post being a short story I am working on, I'd like to write about other things at moment's notice. It's a bit daunting to pour out lots of writings where you have fans. I hadn't been around to writing, since I have finals.

Sometimes, I might write informally and break a few grammar rules here and there. Just being furious about or correcting grammar mistakes, when the context of the message is more important to the writer, is going to hurt more than the point of the intended message of a post.

Just as an FYI: The spoiler's title is for format. Name of work: Subsection.

Leave any generalizations you have about caring for others here, righhhhhht here. You won't miss it.

Recently, I ran into frustrated schoolmates about finals. Trying to talk to them reminds me of any particular situation where you'd need to go deep in context. Coincidentally, I just wrote about Martin Luther King Jr. and had to find an inspiring quote about him.

Rarely do we find mind who willingly engage in hard, solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think.
So, you have a friend who is in a big hole, metaphorically speaking. Your friend is balling up and crying all over the place or have the sniffles with red eyes. I'll try not to make any fusses with your imaginary friend, so we'll assume your friend is depressed because the finals were merciless.

Ok, so what? As your friend is crying, you will help without doubt. There is no questions on why or how. The issue is how right now. You can either say "suck it up" or just try to ease the situation. It's the finals, and for this case, we'll assume it is junior high school (the most important year before you apply early to colleges). So, your friend just bombed the finals right before the summer before applying to colleges. You really can't say "suck it up." You can't simply say "suck it up" when your friend feels like their chances of getting into the most elite college they looked forward to is decimated.

You can say that the final doesn't matter because, let's say, Math class is irrevelant to your friend's intended future major of Sociology. You can convince your friend that the failed final is irrelevant to the future. You have convinced the easily convinced people.

What's the underlying message? Simply yelling things out to those who you want to support isn't going to help. That's the equivalent of telling a depressed person "it gets better", a morbidly obese person "get healthy", or a mentally ill person (we'll say PTSD) "snap out of it."

What it takes is getting to know the person and building a foundation with them. Surely enough, this isn't your goal in the first place, because noone ain't got time for that. If you build a foundation with them, the mood is more friendlier and, in the very least, more supportive because it shows you care.

I hadn't been able to push this message sooner, but it's a painstakingly process to learn and give back.