Poe

Contributor
Reaction score
Map Name: Grow House
Map Authors: Poeoeoeoeoeoeoeoeoeoeoeoeoeoeoeo and French Guy
Game Type: Mob
Map Worldborder: about 150 x 140
Download: /warp weed on create
[Optional] Shop Items: All the Originals + TnT like in wagon train + flint and steel + the pots like we discussed compoo + add prot four dia for 100 gold for boots plus helmet and 150 for legs and chest each
[Optional] Fall damage: Noplz
[Optional] End Wave: Highest Round is 100, Every ten rounds 3 Evokers spawn.
[Optional] Mobs which can spawn: Zombies, Husks, Blazes

Last edited:

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Thanks for the map Poe/Plive. Right now it seems decent, however there's a few problems which I think you'll need to address with the map:
  1. There are areas of the map where you can be completely immune to mobs:

2. There are a fair few areas of the map where mobs will likely not reach you because you are too far away. For example, at the back of the growing area as shown here:
  3. The map is really too cluttered. Especially the area with the tall grass (lol not weed), it will get extremely annoying trying to hit mobs but instead hitting the grass. This does go for a few other areas of the map though. It is important to have some decoration but in my opinion I think there's a bit too much on the map which will hinder game play
  4. There are too few spawn points for mobs. Most of them are on one side of the map, which is a bit problematic. With mob its a good idea to spread out the spawn points so you have an event spread of mobs around. Also I would probably add another player spawn point but this isn't too much of a worry

Other than that, it seems good. I can't find any way out of the map and its nice to see you've decided to change it up a bit by using different mobs rather than the normal ones. I can't change the boss mobs right now (is that in the submission format?), but if I get around to doing that I'll update the map should it get accepted.

Right now I'm going for a 0 but I'd be happy to change my vote if these problems are addressed. Tanks / merci,
-Comp

Iggish

Reaction score
1. Although you added the 2 new mob spawnpoints, a whole half of the map still has no spawnpoints
while the spawnpoints that do exist are crammed very close together. I would recommend a spawn system like this:
This way the spawns are way more spread out and they cover the entire map. I think you should add a spawnpoint here:

2. Survivors can hop onto the police cars by the use of the ladders on the front and so can camp there while sniping blazes when they spawn.

3. I'm not sure of the positions of the survivor spawns and the positions of the shops. I have found one X which may mark a spawn and also a sign saying "Armour Deployment" which may be a shop indication. Please clarify.

4. I'm not a huge fan of blazes spawning on this map. After a while, the map which is quite cramped already, will become fire covered and the zombies will die as a result. I would recommend either removing blazes or if you want a ranged mob, going for something else, maybe a stray.
Also, I think a few vindicators would really add to the gameplay and the theme.

edit: 5. Also, I'd recommend adding pressure plates instead of barrier blocks on the doors as with the barrier blocks, they impede the running of the player and flow of the map.

Last edited:

Poe

Contributor
Reaction score
Map is supposed to be one sided, I wanted to switch up the gameplay as mob gets annoying when you get hit in the back and cornered. The mob spawns you suggested are alright but completely contradict what cg said, I'll keep it in mind though. Blue X marks player spawn + shop is in the back of the armoured van with the sign "Armor Deployment"

Iggish

Reaction score
Most of them are on one side of the map, which is a bit problematic. With mob its a good idea to spread out the spawn points so you have an event spread of mobs around. Also I would probably add another player spawn point but this isn't too much of a worry -Comp

No, he says the same thing, to spread them out. But otherwise, I now see where you are coming from.

3nd3rslayer

Reaction score
Well, comp and Igg practically pointed out all the problems so there's nothing much left to say.
I like the look of the map and I'm sure the gameplay will be just as good.
My opinion is similar to comp so just fix all of those problems and I'll be glad to give you a +1.

Hex

Keyboard & Tech Content Creator
Donor
Reaction score
Completely irrelevant but you built the map in simcity which is a city building world, and also in someone else's claimed land! I went ahead and moved the map over to flatland, the warp should still be the same though.

Please be more careful on where you choose to build your maps. ;)

Also, love the map!

Status
Not open for further replies.