[Suggestion] Karma/Brutallity

cheatyface

Reaction score
I basically love the idea of stat systems, so I like the idea. But I think it would need more benefits for different activities, and some things may not be easy to detect depending on their implementation (if you accept an empty trade, does that count? is the trading implemented in a way that can check this?). Still, I like the idea.

oliver56bird

Reaction score
The whole point of solitude is not having stats or anything fancy? Idk where you'd get that idea, you have a radiation stat. The point is to survive in a more hostile environment with less access to resources, with a more realistic punishment for failure.
What I meant was, in my opinion, the point of solitude is to have a simple, realistic, server with little staff interference and few plugins. Not that I am trying to shoot down Chocfudgemud's idea, but I think that it goes against what solitude is about.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Those with lower karma would want to be able to kill faster. Those with higher karma would want to be able to run and scout around faster.
So the strength and speed make sense.

But, trading doesn't seem to be feasible since one could spam trading.
Perhaps killing those with Karma below a certain level and/or defending yourself against any attacker could give positive Karma?

cheatyface

Reaction score
Awarding negative karma based on the negative karma of the person you killed would make that end of the deal feel just right I think. Not only would it be more difficult to chase down those with good karma, but you'd get less benefit from it. And to hunt down the monsters with high negative karma, you will become one of them.

Would have to think a while to come up with a good way to get positive karma.