Team Fortress 2

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Alright. well i spent like 5 hours last night trying to download this and I'm a quarter of the way there, soo.....crap.

When it does finish downloading and i can actually play the game, I will be a total newbie in the game, so do you guys have any tips for me or a site that has some?
Try playing a bit with the soldier, he's one of the easier classes to pick up if you want to blow some stuff up. Alternatively you could try playing a Medic and heal people, keeps you out of combat and you can see what stuff does. I don't know any websites but I do know someone who basically taught me to play well on Youtube:

Degekken

Reaction score
Try playing a bit with the soldier, he's one of the easier classes to pick up if you want to blow some stuff up. Alternatively you could try playing a Medic and heal people, keeps you out of combat and you can see what stuff does. I don't know any websites but I do know someone who basically taught me to play well on Youtube:
Engineer is also a very easy class, as he just can place his super powerfull sentries.

shawnachu

Reaction score
As scout, either annoy the engie with your pistol from long range and let your teammates take care of the sentry, or get somewhere where you can circlestrafe the sentry without dying, then shoot it with the scattergun

it's team fortress for a reason; one class can't do everything

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
As scout, either annoy the engie with your pistol from long range and let your teammates take care of the sentry, or get somewhere where you can circlestrafe the sentry without dying, then shoot it with the scattergun

it's team fortress for a reason; one class can't do everything
I know, but when a sentry gun generally stops me from being able to do the objective I find it incredibly annoying. Usually the other teamates will get blown up by enemy soldiers before they can get to the sentry gun. That's why I play KOTH so much more often. The worst you usually get is an ill-placed mini sentry.

flan67

Reaction score
Alright. Team Fortress 2 finished downloading about 2 days ago, so I've been playing since. I like playing as the soldier, but my favourite is the Pyro since I can set people on fire XD

Pick Yer Poison

is a kid now, is a squid now
Reaction score
I tend to play Soldier, Medic, or Sniper these days, and occasionally Demo. I can still rock as a good combat Engie, though.

For new players, I'd recommend Soldier or Heavy. They're basic classes, and generally people won't yell at you for making a mistake with them. Heavy is one of the most skill-oriented classes (as opposed to strategy-oriented, like a Spy), so it doesn't have many tricks to master, making it a good choice for a beginner.

Above all, though, I'd advise you to try out every class for a few rounds before discarding them. They're each suited to a very different style of play, so it's likely you'll find one that suits you before long.