Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Donor
Reaction score
What I learnt from Solitude.
1. Don't build a sky base.
Well, there goes my plan.

It was going to be disguised as a cloud and everything. :(

Either build one at y:250 above an ocean with the only way up as a water vator (Nobody would then be able to see it unless they played on far render and happened to be running looking towards the sky) or simply build a base under the ocean at bedrock, which would then only allow x-rayers or people with radar hacks to see you.

Chocfudgemud

Reaction score
Yeah I think so but you may have to be at the overworlds diamond level (13 y using f3)
And they would be scaress

EDIT: When you first played solitude what was your inital reaction

I had only joined when the server officially came out (New one)

My first reaction was "IT'S DIRT"

Chocfudgemud

Reaction score
I was going fine with my Rads with a base friends and only about 540 rads
I was only getting weakness cause it was still low...
Then I went mining and got caught with water...
As many of you know water makes rads spike madly
Now I have to put up with nausea

Jubjubers

Best BuildBox Guy 2011 - 2013
Reaction score
D

DarkHender

It seems a bit odd of a question, but are we intended to spawn in the middle of the ocean at times? I've gotten two spawns in a row like that :C
No, I believe they said if you die from it you can complain to them and they'll /unban you since youre not supposed to spawn in the ocean. xD

SirCiphered

Reaction score
They were inside buildings and were looted.

So does this mean there is not a single diamond to be mined? Or are they still very rare underground?

I'm such a high-level cruel bastard that I decided to put one diamond in the map :-)
It also adds to the realism. What's the likelihood that after nukes and radiation you'll be able to find and - god forbid - MAKE something of diamond? Considering that diamonds are only used in jewelry and industrial abrasives (business talk for "stuff that cuts"), the likelihood of a survivor somehow getting enough to make an entire sword is slim.

Now, you can make a diamond shovel to get all that damn dirt everywhere.