Minecraft name change.

77thShad

Ayy lmao
Reaction score
Im aware of that, But what about a complete change such as my name for example
Example : Trevmaster9 -> Arbadar
Went through that when my first premium account was Shadova and then after about 6 months I bought my 77 acc and a lot of people are like "wat how are you the Reckoning never seen you before".

The best you can do is perhaps leave something in your signature and let people know about the name change. In time it'll seem like nothing as happened.

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
according to https://mojang.com/2015/01/announcing-minecraft-name-changes/ , On february 4th Mojang will allow minecraft name changes, and they will free up all non-premium Minecraft accounts.

I myself am changing my name to 'Light', both for being fresh and something nice and new~

So how about you? Are you changing your name after the 4th? If so, to what?
Oh awesome, so your a deathnote fan? cool cool. watch people like kira and near and mello want to fight you!

Also on a more serious note I'm unsure if I want to change my name, its a name I've used since 2004 so hmm though people saying 'lee sin' is a bother because league is so trending meh.

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
What if someone imposers staff member or some regular here?
In the spoiler below, is the whole name change FAQ pasted, there it says that you can't take a registered name that is paid & registered by someone else.

My personal theory is (correct me if I'm wrong) that when you change name, all your player data including ranks & inventory Will be saved on your registered name and meaning that it Will be transfered to any changed name.

How do I create a username?
You create a username during the Minecraft purchase process, or if you have a prepaid card, during card redemption. You'll need to sign up for a Mojang account ataccount.mojang.com. After you're logged in, you can buy a Minecraft account atMinecraft.net/store, or redeem a prepaid card.

Where can I find my username?
If you log into Minecraft with your email, your username can be found ataccount.mojang.com/me. If you log Minecraft with a username, and you've forgotten it, you can have it sent to you atminecraft.net/retrievename.

I've paid, but don't have a username. How do I create one?
If you somehow made a purchase, but didn't get a username, a green box will appear onyour Mojang profile prompting you to choose a username.

Can I change my username?
Starting February 4th, you will be able to change a Minecraft username (this includes editing capitalization). If you sign in with your email, this feature will be available to you. If you sign in with your username, you'll need to migrate to a Mojang account. Usernames can be changed ataccount.mojang.com/me; just click the "change" link next to your name.

Does changing a username cost anything?
Nope.

Can I change to a Minecraft username that is already registered and paid?
No, that'd be crazy. You will, however, now be able to register usernames that are taken in other Mojang games, but are available in Minecraft.

How often can I change my username?
If you've changed your username already, you'll need to wait 30 days to be able to change it again.

What happens to my old username after I've changed?
If you change your username, your old name is held for 37 days, which gives you an extra week to change back if you've made a mistake or changed your mind.

If I ban someone on my server, and they change their username, do they stay banned?
Yes, and the same is true for whitelisted or OP'd players. Everything stays the same because the system is using your profile's unique ID instead of the username.

How will this work with mods/VIP/Uber Omega Obsidian Rank on servers?
Ask your mod maker/server owner, they'll know. Mods should be able to support this system easily, and most already do, but we aren't responsible for private servers or mods.

Remind me what's changing on February 4th?
  • You can change or edit that embarrassing Minecraft username that you registered four years ago.
  • Unpaid Minecraft usernames will be available to anyone who wishes to change their name or buy an account with that name.
  • If a name was unavailable to register in Minecraft because it was registered in Scrolls, you will now be able to change to or buy that username.
[spoiler\]

To stay on topic: I will probably change my nname to Mastersten or Mastersten13 that I used when playing classic