Minecraft name change.

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
when is the feature going to be available
tomorrow!

Minecraft usernames

Last Updated: Feb 03, 2015 03:25PM CET
This article covers Minecraft usernames for Minecraft on PC. Minecraft: Pocket Edition does not require usernames. The console editions of Minecraft use Xbox gamertags or Sony PSN IDs.

How do I create a username?
You create a username during the Minecraft purchase process, or if you have a prepaid card, during card redemption. You'll need to sign up for a Mojang account at account.mojang.com. After you're logged in, you can buy a Minecraft account at Minecraft.net/store, or redeem a prepaid card.

Where can I find my username?
If you log into Minecraft with your email, your username can be found at account.mojang.com/me. If you log Minecraft with a username, and you've forgotten it, you can have it sent to you at minecraft.net/retrievename.

I've paid, but don't have a username. How do I create one?
If you somehow made a purchase, but didn't get a username, a green box will appear on your Mojang profileprompting you to choose a username.

Can I change my username?
Starting February 4th, you will be able to change a Minecraft username (this includes editing capitalization). If you sign in with your email, this feature will be available to you. If you sign in with your username, you'll need tomigrate to a Mojang account. Usernames can be changed at account.mojang.com/me; just click the "change" link next to your name.

Does changing a username cost anything?
Nope.

Can I change to a Minecraft username that is already registered and paid?
No, that'd be crazy. You will, however, now be able to register usernames that are taken in other Mojang games, but are available in Minecraft.

How often can I change my username?
If you've changed your username already, you'll need to wait 30 days to be able to change it again.

What happens to my old username after I've changed?
If you change your username, your old name is held for 37 days, which gives you an extra week to change back if you've made a mistake or changed your mind.

If I ban someone on my server, and they change their username, do they stay banned?
Yes, and the same is true for whitelisted or OP'd players. Everything stays the same because the system is using your profile's unique ID instead of the username.

If I change my username, can someone see my previous usernames?
Yes. Username changes are set up so that you can get a username that you prefer, and are not designed to circumvent bans or anything of that sort.

How will this work with mods/VIP/Uber Omega Obsidian Rank on servers?
Ask your mod maker/server owner, they'll know. Mods should be able to support this system easily, and most already do, but we aren't responsible for private servers or mods.

Remind me what's changing on February 4th?
  • You can change or edit that embarrassing Minecraft username that you registered four years ago.
  • Unpaid Minecraft usernames will be available to anyone who wishes to change their name or buy an account with that name.
  • If a name was unavailable to register in Minecraft because it was registered in Scrolls, you will now be able to change to or buy that username.

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
tomorrow!

Minecraft usernames

Last Updated: Feb 03, 2015 03:25PM CET
This article covers Minecraft usernames for Minecraft on PC. Minecraft: Pocket Edition does not require usernames. The console editions of Minecraft use Xbox gamertags or Sony PSN IDs.

How do I create a username?
You create a username during the Minecraft purchase process, or if you have a prepaid card, during card redemption. You'll need to sign up for a Mojang account at account.mojang.com. After you're logged in, you can buy a Minecraft account at Minecraft.net/store, or redeem a prepaid card.

Where can I find my username?
If you log into Minecraft with your email, your username can be found at account.mojang.com/me. If you log Minecraft with a username, and you've forgotten it, you can have it sent to you at minecraft.net/retrievename.

I've paid, but don't have a username. How do I create one?
If you somehow made a purchase, but didn't get a username, a green box will appear on your Mojang profileprompting you to choose a username.

Can I change my username?
Starting February 4th, you will be able to change a Minecraft username (this includes editing capitalization). If you sign in with your email, this feature will be available to you. If you sign in with your username, you'll need tomigrate to a Mojang account. Usernames can be changed at account.mojang.com/me; just click the "change" link next to your name.

Does changing a username cost anything?
Nope.

Can I change to a Minecraft username that is already registered and paid?
No, that'd be crazy. You will, however, now be able to register usernames that are taken in other Mojang games, but are available in Minecraft.

How often can I change my username?
If you've changed your username already, you'll need to wait 30 days to be able to change it again.

What happens to my old username after I've changed?
If you change your username, your old name is held for 37 days, which gives you an extra week to change back if you've made a mistake or changed your mind.

If I ban someone on my server, and they change their username, do they stay banned?
Yes, and the same is true for whitelisted or OP'd players. Everything stays the same because the system is using your profile's unique ID instead of the username.

If I change my username, can someone see my previous usernames?
Yes. Username changes are set up so that you can get a username that you prefer, and are not designed to circumvent bans or anything of that sort.

How will this work with mods/VIP/Uber Omega Obsidian Rank on servers?
Ask your mod maker/server owner, they'll know. Mods should be able to support this system easily, and most already do, but we aren't responsible for private servers or mods.

Remind me what's changing on February 4th?
  • You can change or edit that embarrassing Minecraft username that you registered four years ago.
  • Unpaid Minecraft usernames will be available to anyone who wishes to change their name or buy an account with that name.
  • If a name was unavailable to register in Minecraft because it was registered in Scrolls, you will now be able to change to or buy that username.
meant what time will the feature be available so i can get the name before other people