[EVENT] Portal Gun Weekend

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Meh, I've already expressed my opinions on this once but I might as well do it on the forums; I don't think it's that good of an idea on the basis that either:
  • It will have barely any, to no use/impact on the game
  • It will just become T's spam portals everywhere and mess about, with inno's joining basically removing the TTT aspect of TTT.

Honestly, I don't see the positives to this event, and I also doubt the necessity
since we're not gonna leave you inf, no need to keep us interested ;P

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Meh, I've already expressed my opinions on this once but I might as well do it on the forums; I don't think it's that good of an idea on the basis that either:
  • It will just become T's spam portals everywhere and mess about, with inno's joining basically removing the TTT aspect of TTT.

Honestly, I don't see the positives to this event, and I also doubt the necessity
Well when a few of us tested it we had fun and it didn't quite happen like that but if people don't like it I'll remove it early of course ;)

Vino

Fidget Spinner
Reaction score
Im just gonna place the portal in a random ceiling of a crowded place so no one will notice it (Cause people are to busy throwing pizzas at each other) and then i will pre-fire my John Cena™ bomb while running through it so no one can react to the future champ this sunday night.

Also if bullets go through that there is a lot of stuff T's can do with it to be creative so i am hype

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Im just gonna place the portal in a random ceiling of a crowded place so no one will notice it (Cause people are to busy throwing pizzas at each other) and then i will pre-fire my John Cena™ bomb while running through it so no one can react to the future champ this sunday night.

Also if bullets go through that there is a lot of stuff T's can do with it to be creative so i am hype
Thats a fair point; but only on that map. THE RP MUST GO ON!

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score

Haha how wrong you were, it was actually a really good T weapon and lotsa fun(for me atleast since I used it 24/7).

Keigun

Reaction score
Hello,

first of all thanks for using my addon back then, but that's not why I am here I would like to know any issues if they happened and what the problem with the People hanging in the ceiling was..
Thanks, I guess?

I thought "What will happen if I bump this thread?"... Well, I will know it in some Days probably..

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hello,

first of all thanks for using my addon back then, but that's not why I am here I would like to know any issues if they happened and what the problem with the People hanging in the ceiling was..
Thanks, I guess?

I thought "What will happen if I bump this thread?"... Well, I will know it in some Days probably..
Oh wow you made this? It was really awesome and popular so thank you for that!

I don't even remember there being any issues with it, but to be fair my memory is terrible so I may be wrong about that. prime105 you used the portal gun a lot, do you remember any issues with it?

And Keigun what do you mean about people hanging in the ceiling?

Keigun

Reaction score
Oh wow you made this? It was really awesome and popular so thank you for that!
I have to Thank chu for using it! :3

And Keigun what do you mean about people hanging in the ceiling?
Oh, I have read something wrong, never mind.

Btw. I have updated some things and made some different versions now:

TTT - Portalgun ( Portal Gun ) - ✯ Updated & Lag Free ✯ Traitor & Detective
TTT - Portalgun ( Portal Gun ) - ✯ Updated & Lag Free ✯ Traitor Only
TTT - Portalgun ( Portal Gun ) - ✯ Updated & Lag Free ✯ Detective Only

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score

prime105

prime
Reaction score
i had no issues with the portal gun it was really well made and its really cooool xD thanks for making it :D but i cant remember if you could fire bullets through it if you can its sooo much cooler xD

Keigun

Reaction score
You couldn't, but can you now Keigun? That would be cool if it's possible :O
I already tried to do it, i got help by wheatley who made the very basics of the portal gun for gmod, but it is simply not really working with the engine of gmod. The best result that we had where bullets shooting out of the very mid of the portal in a straight line..

Edit:
Because the thing is, the Source engine doesn't have actual bullets that shoot like in real life, it just calculates the hit point and in that case it thinks that the portal is a wall and the bullet gets canceled

Last edited:

prime105

prime
Reaction score
I already tried to do it, i got help by wheatley who made the very basics of the portal gun for gmod, but it is simply not really working with the engine of gmod. The best result that we had where bullets shooting out of the very mid of the portal in a straight line..

Edit:
Because the thing is, the Source engine doesn't have actual bullets that shoot like in real life, it just calculates the hit point and in that case it thinks that the portal is a wall and the bullet gets canceled
oh D: welp the addon is still awesome xD