The recent decline in the TTT population.

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I've noticed in the past week or so, the population of TTT has dropped drastically, this may have something to do with an attitude that I share of 'Oh, nobodies on, lets play something else' or 'Infected_alien8 hasn't added any new items/models or held any events, so I'm bored'.

Well, since I have no real control over this issue, this thread will be unofficial. However, I'd like all members of the TTT community or those who have an interest in playing TTT in the future, to reply with some changes and/or new stuff to improve the general experience that they personally like. Please don't go too over the top as recently there has been a large clear up to make the server load faster and look nicer.

Personally I believe we should hold more events and such to invite more players to join the community. Such as maybe hold events like a talent show? (Idk just brainstorming) or such on special occasions that aren't just TTT so people will want to stay in the community rather than just play TTT for a bit idk.

Maybe more whip rounds? :^)

Leave your suggestions below, and please PLEASE respond; None of us want to lose this server too! ;-;

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
The way activity generally works in the server is that you have a lot of people on at the same time in the morning (because the lot of you are super European) and throughout the day the timezone shifts west and you continue to have high population because people see that others are on. Oftentimes the League players will "jumpstart" the activity on the weekends by getting a mass group on but we're not always able to and so it causes a cycle where there is no one seen online and thus no one gets on.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I think there is Fallout 4 out of here. So our tiny community is even tinier now.
TTT will go back on track.... at least I hope.
I do realise a large amount of people are playing Fallout 4 over TTT me included (Although I've always said I'd rather play multi player to single player). However the issue I see is that if we dont rectify it soon, TTT will no longer be a popular server between non-escr members. Case and Point: Prime, He might not know what's going on as he doesn't have an account on ESCR so he can't stay in touch, so he and a lot of the other members may leave as they believe the server has died.

Likewise, it would be great if we could actually have some legit discussion, IK this is ironic from me and the thread is unofficial, but this is a serious issue in my eyes for the future of our little TTT community.

The way activity generally works in the server is that you have a lot of people on at the same time in the morning (because the lot of you are super European) and throughout the day the timezone shifts west and you continue to have high population because people see that others are on. Oftentimes the League players will "jumpstart" the activity on the weekends by getting a mass group on but we're not always able to and so it causes a cycle where there is no one seen online and thus no one gets on.
Thank you Jay.
Yeah, I see what you mean, as for myself as there are a lot less people on usually, I'm noticing I only ever join when Aika is on now-a-days, meaning usually 6-7pm GMT.

Last edited:

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I don't think it's something to worry about, I think it's mostly due to half the playerbase playing fallout 4 right now and just a general loss of interest in playing. But I'm sure people will get back in the mood for it again soon.
and
'Infected_alien8 hasn't added any new items/models or held any events, so I'm bored'.
SAYS THE PERSON WHO SAID, AND I QUOTE, 'DON'T HOST EVENTS'.

But yeah if the reason that people aren't playing is because you want more events/addons, suggest them! If there are ever any addons that people want in or ideas that anyone has for an event then please do keep telling me and I'll host them. I've planned to run a Christmas event but other than that nothing's scheduled but if someone has an idea then that can change of course!

But right now I think the server's just not been busy for the last couple of weeks simply because the players aren't interested in playing it as much anymore and are busy with other stuff, which is fine. The whole point of the server is to keep people having fun while they still want to play it, and if people just don't want to play TTT anymore then there's not a lot we can do \o/ but like I said this is possibly just a phase due to quite a few of the regulars being too busy wandering around The Commonwealth to have time to play TTT ;)

Personally I believe we should hold more events and such to invite more players to join the community. Such as maybe hold events like a talent show? (Idk just brainstorming) or such on special occasions that aren't just TTT so people will want to stay in the community rather than just play TTT for a bit idk.
I'm not too sure about this personally, I think people will join the TTT server to play TTT and I'm not sure if playing other games on it will work as a way to persuade people to stick around, but if you guys want to try it out then we will. I definitely think we need something more to entice people to join the community rather than just the server though, just not sure what.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Be careful here Inffy. If I had to estimate, probably about 3 people are getting pulled to Fallout 4. The last time you laid everything on finals and the server ended up collapsing. This isn't even as reasonable a statement as that.

Also, events may as well be a buzzword at this point. It's far too early to shape a server around events and not around its basic framework

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Be careful here Inffy. If I had to estimate, probably about 3 people are getting pulled to Fallout 4. The last time you laid everything on finals and the server ended up collapsing. This isn't even as reasonable a statement as that.
True there are about five of us playing fallout 4 but we're usually the ones who grab people to play on the server, which is probably why without us playing it's pretty empty.

And I still stand by what I said regarding the last server, I still think the reason the server died was because of finals, or at least a big part of it was. As soon as the finals were over the server actually started to come back to life until the server went down and needed updating (and I had quite a few people bug me for ages to find out when it was getting back up). Plus now that they're over suddenly people have been wanting to play TTT again (with this new iteration) which backs up my theory I think.

But of course you could be right, this could be nothing to do with fallout 4 and just that people don't want to play anymore, but unless anyone has some kind of idea to change that and make people love TTT again I don't think there's a lot we can do other than wait for people to get back into it.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
True there are about five of us playing fallout 4 but we're usually the ones who grab people to play on the server, which is probably why without us playing it's pretty empty.

And I still stand by what I said regarding the last server, I still think the reason the server died was because of finals, or at least a big part of it was. As soon as the finals were over the server actually started to come back to life until the server went down and needed updating (and I had quite a few people bug me for ages to find out when it was getting back up). Plus now that they're over suddenly people have been wanting to play TTT again (with this new iteration) which backs up my theory I think.

But of course you could be right, this could be nothing to do with fallout 4 and just that people don't want to play anymore, but unless anyone has some kind of idea to change that and make people love TTT again I don't think there's a lot we can do other than wait for people to get back into it.
Maybe I should be SuperAdmin?

Elliot2988

Reaction score
I can't remember who said it, but I also think that the reason TTT hasn't been so "full" recently is because of Fallout 4, and I also think that the TTT server soon will be up and running again. ;)