The Bastard Game: Day 5

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Second of all, the mechanics of the extra kill seem super bogus and also don't make alot of sense. So town leader/vig/extra lynch is Danni's supposed theory of how the town gets that extra kill. Any specific role getting this extra kill is improbably because what happens if they're dead and then Danni is nightkilled? What town now doesn't get this extra 'benefit'? No role would get this extra supposed kill. Furthermore the town getting an extra lynch is also impossible because of the complete and utter mess the day voting would be if we had to vote for two people. All in all town somehow getting an extra kill seems extremely unlikely and because of that I don't believe that that, or the mafia getting an extra kill, will actually happen on Danni's death.
Could be that Danni chooses the kill, like a hunter-type role. Since he turns mafia/town sided, technically it'd be that faction getting the kill (since I assume he'd know who the mafia are once he was lynched or something).

And lastly, Danni said this: 'As I say, if I prove a competent villager/mafia hunter, I will be very useful to you guys, because I am confirmed as not mafia, and the mafia dont want to lynch me either'. He said this before he claimed that either side could get a nightkill and has so far only called it a 'benefit'. If the mafia gain a nightkill then they have alot of incentive you lynch you so what's up you saying this if according to your later claim mafia gain a nightkill? This proves to me Danni is either making this up on the spot or he doesn't really know at all things about the claim he's making.
He keeps using 'mafia lynched' as a way of saying 'mafia nightkill' so I think he probably meant to say that.

But other than that I agree with your other points, he's definitely gone completely against his own win condition and said some shady stuff if he's telling the truth about his role which just seems bizarre but at the same time he could have just not thought about the consequences of it like that, but your theory of him being forced to claim is interesting.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
But other than that I agree with your other points, he's definitely gone completely against his own win condition and said some shady stuff if he's telling the truth about his role which just seems bizarre but at the same time he could have just not thought about the consequences of it like that, but your theory of him being forced to claim is interesting.
Oops this should say

But other than that I agree with your other points, he's definitely said some shady stuff and gone completely against his own win condition if he's telling the truth about his role which just seems bizarre but at the same time he could have just not thought about the consequences of it like that, but your theory of him being forced to claim is interesting.

But I pasted in the shady bit so now it's confusing

Rune

Resident Roadman
Community Admin
Admin
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
So basically, if we go ahead and lynch Danni and that he's not lying (gut feeling is pointing towards him telling the truth); then mafia get an extra kill per night because of his win condition now being mafia sided.

On the other hand, if we leave Danni alone; he could get night killed because of mafia or ignored throughout the game meaning that he can't win. If Mafia do kill him; do we get an extra lynch per day or?

I see Ender being a dickhead and forcing Danni to claim this round; if that's the case I would lean in leaving Danni alone as if his win condition is valid; then I don't want Mafia getting 2 kills per night or we are basically fucked. Notty, give us a tl;dr too because I'm not reading through that huge paragraph.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
So basically, if we go ahead and lynch Danni and that he's not lying (gut feeling is pointing towards him telling the truth); then mafia get an extra kill per night because of his win condition now being mafia sided.

On the other hand, if we leave Danni alone; he could get night killed because of mafia or ignored throughout the game meaning that he can't win. If Mafia do kill him; do we get an extra lynch per day or?

I see Ender being a dickhead and forcing Danni to claim this round; if that's the case I would lean in leaving Danni alone as if his win condition is valid; then I don't want Mafia getting 2 kills per night or we are basically fucked. Notty, give us a tl;dr too because I'm not reading through that huge paragraph.
I don't think its per night, just a one-time thing, but is that right Danni122112

Danni122112

The Drunk
Controller
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Let me start with what day it is today. It's friday, but it's also Day 0. Most of our day 0's lead to no lynches and for good reason because none of our power roles have had any actions yet and we have nothing concrete and barily any reads to formulate a successfull lynch. So let me just start this off by saying if we're not lynching Danni today we should be no-lynching. And before Aqua repeats 'we have good solid suspicions on Ltin and ??? right now', pretty sure that's only you and maybe Inf but I don't think most of us have seen any suspicion from Ltin and other whose name I can't remember other than standard Day 0 gibberish.
I can agree on this, but one thing, we got quite a long day ahead of us, is there anything we can do at this day? Claim names? Get the AFK people to respond, is there anything we should do day 0?

So to recap: he currently has no win condition. If he's lynched he gains the Mafia win condition. If he's nightkilled(by mafia) he gains the town win condition. Meanwhile he claims stays dead so this 'win-condition-after-death' of his is absolutely irrelevant to us as he poses no threat as a dead mafia member nor is he of use as a dead town member. Also if he's lynched Mafia will gain a nightkill and if he's nightkilled town will gain a kill somehow.

So why should we lynch him if we're looking at this supposed win condition? First of all as Oog pointed out a lynch doesn't mean death-by-village and him claiming that it does is weird and doesn't seem to make alot of sense. Sure town has the majority players during the day but that doesn't mean the majority votes on a player aren't Mafia. It simply doesn't make sense that any mechanic works this way.

Second of all, the mechanics of the extra kill seem super bogus and also don't make alot of sense. So town leader/vig/extra lynch is Danni's supposed theory of how the town gets that extra kill. Any specific role getting this extra kill is improbably because what happens if they're dead and then Danni is nightkilled? What town now doesn't get this extra 'benefit'? No role would get this extra supposed kill. Furthermore the town getting an extra lynch is also impossible because of the complete and utter mess the day voting would be if we had to vote for two people. All in all town somehow getting an extra kill seems extremely unlikely and because of that I don't believe that that, or the mafia getting an extra kill, will actually happen on Danni's death.

Third, do we really think Ender would put in a third party role whose win condition is 100% out of their control? Hosts tend to be careful with placing survivors in their game because such a game is super hard as one does not have any control over the mafia's night kills. Putting a role like this in the game where they can't even play like anything because they don't have their win condition yet seems not like something any host would do. Furthermore why would Ender make a role where the player has to die in order for them to win? Nobody likes dying in Mafia and forcing a player to die because of their role isn't just a bastard thing to do but cruel to whomever receives their role as they're basically robbed of their fun.
Everything in thee quote above me, are basically reasons for that you dont believe me, correct notty? I cant explain them, either you are saying ender is a bad host, or you are saying that im lying, so not much I can respond do that, good solid logic though.
Fourth, think about his win condition claim and how he's played this day. He can only win if he's dead, yet this entire claim of his is set up to not only try and convince us not to lynch him but to scare both the town and mafia into not killing him because of this supposed 'extra kill' the other side gets. Why would he try to scare us all into not lynching/nighkilling him any day ever when his win condition means he has to be dead by the end of the game. It doesn't make any sense for him to play against his supposed win condition like this.
Its literally just the way I wanted to play, I did not really think too much about it, but it seemed it would give me a plesant game where I would be free to work with the town, trying to figure out the mafia, if neccesary die in the attempt, and give the town a benefit. I honestly did not care that much about if my name stood at the end screen, gambling that the mafia would hopefully kill me, but that it would be several days out, either way I wanted to help village. If you want to argue that my points in this pargraph are stupid, you might be right, but that does not make them lies, I am no perfect player, and the last game Inffy got me and rune killed, because of overanalyzing the way we played. Still salty about that.
And lastly, Danni said this: 'As I say, if I prove a competent villager/mafia hunter, I will be very useful to you guys, because I am confirmed as not mafia, and the mafia dont want to lynch me either'. He said this before he claimed that either side could get a nightkill and has so far only called it a 'benefit'. If the mafia gain a nightkill then they have alot of incentive you lynch you so what's up you saying this if according to your later claim mafia gain a nightkill? This proves to me Danni is either making this up on the spot or he doesn't really know at all things about the claim he's making.
I simply did not want to reveal more about my role, as this might make the mafia still kill me, and as you stated previously, this would make sense. I am not saying I had some grand scheme about it, but I simply did not want to reveal more, found it a fine spot to be in, where mafia might kill me, might not, and I hoped village would stop bugging me from there. They did not.
If I think about the 5 things I just mentioned then, to me, it seems pretty obvious that something here is wrong here. Now let's look at some (in my opinion)lies Danni has said so far:
He said this earlier in the day about name claiming yet nothing of his claim alures to having any information about names. That means this statement right here is a complete lie to have us claim names.
From the information I have, it would not throw the game. I dont actually remember what I thought here, but you do agree it would be very stupid that knowing all names would straight up throw the game?
I stand by my reasoning for claiming names, and I did claim my own name to stand as an exmaple that I do not fear any mafia abilities that instakills us etc if they know our names.
:thinking: you say it won't help either side yet later you claim that it does help a side via an extra kill. You're gonna say that you didn't want to reveal that at this point but honestly if you had that in mind you wouldn't of talked about you dying helping any side. Not only that but you claim you don't need us to win yet you also claim you need to die to win so you definitly need us since you can't just sudoku unless you're planning on being modkilled by Aqua. This entire quote just screams to me that his win condition here(whether his true win condition or if he was planning on claiming something else) is something different than what he has claimed later.
I dont need you to win, I could just afk and I would eventually be lynched be one side, and gain a win condition, and afk the rest of the game. However that would be extremely boring, this is way more interesting. Also I would have no controll over my win, I dont like that. (inb4 but you are saying you wont win by this danni) (probably right but afking the entire game seemed rather boring too)
What ability? I'd classify ability as having a day or night action. Having something out of your control happen once you die is not an ability as far as I'd say. Plus even if you classify someone getting an extra kill as your ability, it doesn't seem at all impossible for that kill to be switched according to Inf's theory. Although this one is more up to interpretation I find this still a blatant lie trying to put down inf's theory about names.
I just thought that inffys theory was too far fatched and complicated, to with with my ability, I dont know what to fucking call my thing, if my role instantly exploded upon death, and killed two others, I would call it an ability, wouldnt you?
That's most of it for what I find about his claim. In my opinion it's a big mess of improbable-impossible mechanics, counter intuitive playing, vague statements over multiple posts and a bunch of Danni seemingly lying. The only thing danni has actually got going for him in my opinion is that he's just stated his rolename 'Third Party Mimic' (I was gonna make some fuzz about how he hasn't even claimed a role name). And for his claim it does seem like a plausible name.

Most people have said they don't think Danni would play like this as that's not his general style. Well you're right and I have a working theory on why Danni is acting like this.
this is exciting
As far-fetched as it might sound, I think Danni was forced to make a claim. Sounds like a pretty bastard thing to do doesn't it? I think Ender (or someone with a day ability who used it very very early in the day but thats unlikely so for now I'll keep it at Ender), as part of Danni's role, told Danni he had to make a claim. One of the following three(in order of likeliness) is what I'm thinking:
  1. Make a Third-Party claim on day 0
  2. Make a Third-Party claim on day 0 that has the role name of Third Party Mimic
  3. On day 0 you have to claim Third Party Mimic. Your supposed abilities that you have to claim are: *insert all supposed mechanics danni mentioned*.
And if he didn't make a claim by the end of the day he would die. I've previously in one of GmK's games been a role where I had to claim something to get an ability so a role like this could very easely be possible especially when it's a bastard game.
I mean this is false, but if I say its true, is it less chance that you vote for me?
I still think Danni is Third Party, whether he is actually whatever he claims or if he was forced to claim by Ender. Although sure it's possible, forcing a town player to make a third-party claim seems like an extremely bastard thing to do, I find it more likely Ender wanted to make Danni's actual third-party role harder by forcing him to claim Third Party.

TL;DR: improbable mechanics, playing against his supposed win condition, vague statements(although later clarified when asked specifically), bunch of statements he made that seem to be lies.
Fair enough.

I really enjoyed your post notty 10/10, at least 70% of it was very solid arguments, and its actually fun to respond to.
Cant wait for the 40 new posts that have been posted while I wrote this.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Controller
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of no lynches and recommend we hang someone this round. It's nice to be able to analyse votes and to re-read the interactions of deceased players with living ones after they've flipped, and it's important to have these options open as early as possible. Bussing, e.g, can be pretty obvious in hindsight, and it's not always easy for scum to give passable reasons for voting to lynch a townie.

If we're not relying on the lynch to gather information, we're relying on people to use their roles well and not die.
I am a big fan of analyzing vote too, in Aquas Rick and Morty games, I was able to use it to pull in the victory, as mafia sided.

I really like it, but when I play as a mafia, I basically say you fuck you to whoever is on my team, and just play as a villager, even starting votes on my own team members. So it can work, it can do nothing at all, and it can lose the game for the town.

Big fan of it still, providing we arent lynching me, it would be nice to lynch someone? Aqua maybe? (seriously though I actually think aquas town so dont)

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Ok so the main reason I am voting Danni is due to this post he made in response to (insert name here)

For future days if people die and what their side are.

Infected_alien8_
I would say some sort of doctor
Some sort of detective
One or two serial killers with no sides or one
Roles which have onetime abilities, killing revealing
Possibly roles that do something upon death
In this post, he is stating the roles that he believes are in play in this game, however, the role which he has described himself as being would I assume fall under the category of 'roles that do something upon death'. However, Danni is not very certain that these such roles exist as seen by his usage of the word 'possibly' which doesn't fill me with much confidence. You could also argue that the fact he 'does not have a win condition' could mean that he doesn't have a side as such which fits him more into a third party serial killer 'with no sides'.

There I have attempted to put in some effort, you are welcome.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Controller
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Ok so the main reason I am voting Danni is due to this post he made in response to (insert name here)

In this post, he is stating the roles that he believes are in play in this game, however, the role which he has described himself as being would I assume fall under the category of 'roles that do something upon death'. However, Danni is not very certain that these such roles exist as seen by his usage of the word 'possibly' which doesn't fill me with much confidence. You could also argue that the fact he 'does not have a win condition' could mean that he doesn't have a side as such which fits him more into a third party serial killer 'with no sides'.

There I have attempted to put in some effort, you are welcome.
The reason for stating that role that made you supicious, was an avid picture of the role in Aquas game, that was into self asphyxiation or whatever the fuck its called, I still remmemver that picture burnt into my eye forever, I can get the post if you want to. Also they seem common in the forum games. Thoughts on this?

Danni122112

The Drunk
Controller
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
He keeps using 'mafia lynched' as a way of saying 'mafia nightkill' so I think he probably meant to say that.
Im just never proof reading what I write, so yeah, I think this has fucked me over a couple of times, but lynched by mafia means night killed by mafia, sorry.
I agree with this.
Yeah, cop shouldn't do this.
As I stated in my post, the only reason for saying that cop should do this, is that I thought there were several people that though I was mafia, so yeah, agree to not having cop go there.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Also to anyone that doesn't seem to grasp the current situation (this funnily includes Danni) let me put it to you clearly and boldly. Let's for a second go crazy and pretend that Danni's claim is real. This in its own essence 100% proves him to be against the town. Not only by alignment but by sheer power of his stupid claim itself.

Why you ask? It's pretty simple really. Mafia won't have to bother with nightkilling Danni. What do the Mafia ever gain from nightkilling Danni? Town get an extra kill but also they wasted a chance to take down a PR. Not only that but they take down someone who, in order to win the game, physically cannot lynch the last Mafia or they lose. This in it's own right tells us that Danni is not in it for the Town. Mafia has 0 interrest in nightkilling Danni with his claimed powers so that means the only way Danni dies this game is by a lynch. This means Danni will never have the town win condition after death. Danni thus will never fully act to making town win because if town wins Danni 100% loses the game whether he dies or not.

Today is our only safe day to lynch Danni. If we keep Danni alive, it means that on later days Danni, having to try and win the game, will automatically try to sabotage us or annoy us in order to get lynched because he cannot win with the town. This in essense means his vote and thus presence in the game is meaningless and even detrimental to the town as it brings us closed to a MYLO situation. And we as town cannot afford to lynch Danni any later day because then the Mafia gets 1 more nightkill and we probably lose the game at that point since we dont have enough town left.

It's not only our best option to lynch Danni today, if Danni isn't lynched today he cannot win. Atleast from my analysis of his claim in the paragraphs above he will not die after today, thus making it impossible for him to win.

None of this is really subject to bias/opinion, from what I see this is all pure fact derived from his claim. Tell me again why we shouldn't lynch you Danni122112, or even better why you are so set on not dying today when according to all logic(unless it's flawed feel free to point it out) it's the only way you even win the game.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Controller
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I don't see why it would go either way.
Yes, with nottys theory I would sitll be third aprty, but I could get an ability every night, and we dont know which side that would be aimed at.

I highly doubt that I would be able to win the game the first three days (at least) with this role too.

I also believe notty would murder me if I made mroe vague statements about his theory, but then again I wouldnt really be allowed to talk about it by ender, would I?

Danni122112

The Drunk
Controller
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Also to anyone that doesn't seem to grasp the current situation (this funnily includes Danni) let me put it to you clearly and boldly. Let's for a second go crazy and pretend that Danni's claim is real. This in its own essence 100% proves him to be against the town. Not only by alignment but by sheer power of his stupid claim itself.
fuck, I actually thought you meant to leave me alone.
Why you ask? It's pretty simple really. Mafia won't have to bother with nightkilling Danni. What do the Mafia ever gain from nightkilling Danni? Town get an extra kill but also they wasted a chance to take down a PR. Not only that but they take down someone who, in order to win the game, physically cannot lynch the last Mafia or they lose. This in it's own right tells us that Danni is not in it for the Town. Mafia has 0 interrest in nightkilling Danni with his claimed powers so that means the only way Danni dies this game is by a lynch. This means Danni will never have the town win condition after death. Danni thus will never fully act to making town win because if town wins Danni 100% loses the game whether he dies or not.
Logic is mostly sound, but then again, there is a million questions I have to ask you about my new role, and do you believe the win condition I stated? If so, I could have been forced to ender to say a false one.
Also will I get some new shit to do tomorrow?
Today is our only safe day to lynch Danni. If we keep Danni alive, it means that on later days Danni, having to try and win the game, will automatically try to sabotage us or annoy us in order to get lynched because he cannot win with the town. This in essense means his vote and thus presence in the game is meaningless and even detrimental to the town as it brings us closed to a MYLO situation. And we as town cannot afford to lynch Danni any later day because then the Mafia gets 1 more nightkill and we probably lose the game at that point since we dont have enough town left.
I disagree, we are 20 people, Findal day must be at least 5 days away. We need to get down to inffy scenario to make me having a hard hammer vote. But what you are saying, is that you dont believe I would in any universe help town, with my current or your made up role?
It's not only our best option to lynch Danni today, if Danni isn't lynched today he cannot win. Atleast from my analysis of his claim in the paragraphs above he will not die after today, thus making it impossible for him to win.
I mean, if I am working for town, and mafia has two people left, and I singles out both of them, and are hard lynching them, they might kill me.

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score
The reason for stating that role that made you supicious, was an avid picture of the role in Aquas game, that was into self asphyxiation or whatever the fuck its called, I still remmemver that picture burnt into my eye forever, I can get the post if you want to. Also they seem common in the forum games. Thoughts on this?
No, it is the fact that in the 'roles that we could expect to see in this game' you never noted a role that is similar to the role which you have claimed, therefore making me think that you wrote this post then forgot what you had said before creating an elaborate role in which to disguise your true alignment/win condition. Slip?

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score
fuck, I actually thought you meant to leave me alone.

Logic is mostly sound, but then again, there is a million questions I have to ask you about my new role, and do you believe the win condition I stated? If so, I could have been forced to ender to say a false one.
Also will I get some new shit to do tomorrow?

I disagree, we are 20 people, Findal day must be at least 5 days away. We need to get down to inffy scenario to make me having a hard hammer vote. But what you are saying, is that you dont believe I would in any universe help town, with my current or your made up role?

I mean, if I am working for town, and mafia has two people left, and I singles out both of them, and are hard lynching them, they might kill me.
I believe Notty is saying that even if you wanted to 'help the town' you would end the game with no win condition since claiming you are pretty much a waste of a kill when the game actually starts.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Controller
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
None of this is really subject to bias/opinion, from what I see this is all pure fact derived from his claim. Tell me again why we shouldn't lynch you Danni122112, or even better why you are so set on not dying today when according to all logic(unless it's flawed feel free to point it out) it's the only way you even win the game.
I mean, I dont see any flaws in it, but I intended to help town and have fun this game. As I stated previously.

I would get a safe position where I can help town as a member which have no hidden intentions, you know my role, you know my win condition, etc. I was honestly just planning to help town through the rest of the game, and if mafia decided to kill me, well fuck, but I would hope I had done enough for town before I died.

If mafia didnt kill me? Really didnt get that far. Dont think I will change the way I play. Thats pretty much all I got to say.

I am not a robot that makes the best moves in this game, and logic of why I should have done this and that, took you half a day to write, I didnt think it through that much, but I do honestly intend to help town.

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score

Sup nerds I kicked Hip's arse at civ and have finally caught up on the thread the best I could; my thoughts are as follows:

-Danni's argument being all over the place:

Personally I don't read this as a sign he's mafia: When you're being grilled constantly by multiple people, especially if one of those people is inf, it's really easy to get overwhelmed and make genuine mistakes rather than slips like thinking you said something when you didn't or an argument not adding up 100% - in addition to this notty's phrasing of certain points seemed a bit manipulative to me such as where she claimed she was poking holes in Danni's claim which at that point wasn't particularly true it was after he was first asked for the quote (which personally I do somewhat remember him saying something a long those lines but have yet to find a solid quote either so might just be me misremembering).

-Danni's town kill

I believe, if this is true, it could be one of two things A) like inf suggested a hunter-esque kill where danni chooses on behalf of the town, or B) some interesting mechanic where th e town gets a choice at another lynch after the first one as if a night has been skipped. On paper this seems kind of OP but taking notty's theory about ender making danni reveal his role into account it would definitely put mafia off nightkilling him if it were true, bringing it down to whether town/mafia trusts him or not which is actually a pretty damn cool idea and if this is not the case I'm stealing this for future mafia games :^).

-Ltin or Danni

Every post from Ltin so far has read scummy to me and notty's dismissal of that didn't sit well either; it could just be that she thinks I'm taking focus off the most important lynch but eh who knows. Personally I'm down to vote danni but would like to save hammering for a while just incase anything new comes up or anybody gets any reads/vibes. Obviously if nothing new comes up and we just start repeating ourselves/the thread dies then I'd be happy to hammer but until then I'm sticking with Ltin

-Fuck notty
I saw ur modkill meme, fuck you

That's about it I think, if anything else comes to mind I'll post it.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score

Exactly this. Like I said before there's no reason for Danni to help town and not betray us when it comes to it because otherwise he can't win because Mafia aren't ever going to nightkill him. Which is why I'm voting him and I think we should all be voting him today.