The Bastard Game: Day 5

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
The way I see it, the options are

No-lynch

Lynch a third party who may or may not be slightly useful to us in the future but may also be detrimental to us

detrimental because he may be lying, or may take an unfavourable ability and waste cop's investigation by checking to see if he's telling the truth or not

I lean towards the second option right now

One one two

Per aspera ad astra
Donor
Reaction score
One one two TheWeakGuy48_ Unusual_Dood
Why are you currently voting me, do you not believe my claim?
Not really. You're a 3rd party and have already lied about your role, and the information I can find on Mimic role descriptions is all slightly variant to what you've posted.

Most of all I just don't see you claiming anything if your role is exactly what you say it is. The obvious play is to not attract that kind of attention to yourself before you have a faction.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Controller
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Not really. You're a 3rd party and have already lied about your role, and the information I can find on Mimic role descriptions is all slightly variant to what you've posted.

Most of all I just don't see you claiming anything if your role is exactly what you say it is. The obvious play is to not attract that kind of attention to yourself before you have a faction.
I guess im just bad then.

G

Guest35486

hey it's me I'm alive (I was asleep, went to class, got out of class, then had to catch up on posts. I wasn't lurking I swear)

1) Unu's List (quoted here for your convenience)
Okay here are my thoughts on what alignement people have:

Iggish - town
Infected_alien8_ - town
Vatumok - town
Aqua - town
Nottykitten - mafia
TheWeakGuy48_ - town
Unusual_Dood - cool and awesome
Ooglie101 - town
hipman500 - random bad third party
Dess - town
Arelic - mafia
Fog - town
Danni122112 - serial killer
One one two - mafia
Runemen4 - mafia
Oak63 - town
HarmakAnna - town
Notme - third party
HKCaper - mafia
Ltin - town
I'm slightly surprised that Unu's list got as little attention as it did, considering that he basically produced a list of everyone's alignments with quite a bit of confidence:
Please note that this may be slightly inaccurate, but I am pretty sure its quite on spot.
Therefore, I'm inclined to think that it's related to his role, as 1) he's never done so in the past, even though he has organized vote/claim data in tables before 2) most people haven't spoken before this point.

With that being said, I doubt Ender would give Unu a full list of people's alignments. My best guess is that ender gave Unu x amount of people's alignments and he filled in the rest himself. Even though Danni's the only one that's claimed so far, Unu did get his alignment right, even if he's not SK. Either way, looking forward to Unu's answer to Notty's post.

Actually, just thought of something while writing this post: what if Danni claimed mimic due to Unu's list? Either 1) Danni is actually the SK and claimed another 3rd party to save himself 2) Danni is mafia and saw that he had a chance to claim as 3rd party with the help from Unu's list and did so. Or 3) it's completely unrelated oops.

2) Role Names
From all the information in the thread I think it's safe to assume 1) role names are based on the players in this game and 2) the players don't have roles swapped with each other. I don't see how claiming names will really reveal information but I guess it's safer to withhold them for now in case mafia/3rd party know something that we don't.

There was mention of a theory where an action that's directed to a player would go to the player with that role name. I don't think it's really plausible as a person with a dead player's role name would be invincible to actions since actions directed towards them would go to another player. Just laying out an example: If HKCaper (using HK since he's claimed me as his role name) is dead and someone wants an action to reach Arelic, (Role name: A) the action either 1) won't reach Arelic or 2) will end up going to A instead. Maybe it will only reach Arelic if A is dead? Seems rather unlikely for this to be part of the game mechanics.

3) Danni

I was inclined to believe Danni's initial claim since it felt very out of character of Danni to lie and come up with an elaborate 3rd party claim. (I remember reading that Inffy also mentioned this at some point) As more people started replying to his claim and he revealed his (possibly) actual role, I realized that it probably didn't make much sense. (im good at mafia i swer) I don't really think he's lying at the moment? I know claiming may not have been the best decision at the time but it feels like a Danni thing to do. I saw your points about lynching a mimic but I think I'll need some more time to think this through.

I think that's everything? lmk if I missed something important/said something wrong

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
2) Role Names
From all the information in the thread I think it's safe to assume 1) role names are based on the players in this game and 2) the players don't have roles swapped with each other. I don't see how claiming names will really reveal information but I guess it's safer to withhold them for now in case mafia/3rd party know something that we don't.

There was mention of a theory where an action that's directed to a player would go to the player with that role name. I don't think it's really plausible as a person with a dead player's role name would be invincible to actions since actions directed towards them would go to another player. Just laying out an example: If HKCaper (using HK since he's claimed me as his role name) is dead and someone wants an action to reach Arelic, (Role name: A) the action either 1) won't reach Arelic or 2) will end up going to A instead. Maybe it will only reach Arelic if A is dead? Seems rather unlikely for this to be part of the game mechanics.
Good point, I think that's probably what Unu was trying to tell me earlier but I couldn't understand what he meant. I guess it's possible that, just because someone dies, doesn't mean people can't type in their name to send an action to (and have the action go to the living player with that person's role instead), but does make it seem less likely yeah.

G

Guest35486

^Unu was very clearly joking. It seems like you're trying to make commentary out of nothing.
er disregard what I said if it turns out to be a joke so I don't make a fool out of myself ty. I didn't consider that possibility at all even though I probs should have. Though, this is also a bastard set up and I wouldn't put it past Ender for him to make a role where they'd know some information about the amount of people in each alignment/certain people's alignments.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
hey it's me I'm alive (I was asleep, went to class, got out of class, then had to catch up on posts. I wasn't lurking I swear)

1) Unu's List (quoted here for your convenience)

I'm slightly surprised that Unu's list got as little attention as it did, considering that he basically produced a list of everyone's alignments with quite a bit of confidence:

Therefore, I'm inclined to think that it's related to his role, as 1) he's never done so in the past, even though he has organized vote/claim data in tables before 2) most people haven't spoken before this point.

With that being said, I doubt Ender would give Unu a full list of people's alignments. My best guess is that ender gave Unu x amount of people's alignments and he filled in the rest himself. Even though Danni's the only one that's claimed so far, Unu did get his alignment right, even if he's not SK. Either way, looking forward to Unu's answer to Notty's post.

Actually, just thought of something while writing this post: what if Danni claimed mimic due to Unu's list? Either 1) Danni is actually the SK and claimed another 3rd party to save himself 2) Danni is mafia and saw that he had a chance to claim as 3rd party with the help from Unu's list and did so. Or 3) it's completely unrelated oops.
I wrote this before but I deleted it woops. Basically, I read unu's list as just a day 0 joke/meme so I didn't think anything of it. But I did think at one point that maybe danni's claim was in response to that list. I think he was the only person to seriously respond to the list about its accuracy with his own role, so it seems he took it seriously, so maybe his claim was a panicked response to that. But I do think unu's list was just a joke but I guess we'll see his response to why he made it. But he did say twice that the list wasn't made out of any information he was given.

G

Guest35486

Also Arelic you're vibing kinda different to me rn. Idk if it means anything but you're a bit more "woopsie -highlight clumsiness-" than you've been in these games before.
Oh I see where you're coming from. I guess it's kinda just trying to catch up after a whole day of classes + missing Unu's posts.

Though thinking about it again, if it were a joke idk why he'd want to reassure people that his list wasn't from any additional information instead of just saying it's a joke. Maybe to test reactions?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Oh I see where you're coming from. I guess it's kinda just trying to catch up after a whole day of classes + missing Unu's posts.

Though thinking about it again, if it were a joke idk why he'd want to reassure people that his list wasn't from any additional information instead of just saying it's a joke. Maybe to test reactions?
Well iirc he said stuff like "it isn't related to information I have" because a couple people asked him about it