Lasagne Mafia - Game over

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Adding on to my theory i just posted

If I had to choose right now between which one I think is a mislynch, I believe Tim to be more likely to be town than Stranger. I would place my vote but I am waiting an arbitrary length of time for people to catch up and present their cases accordingly.

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Arrrrrgh, seriously!? If we unvote every player who makes some grand impassioned defense speech we're legit just going to end up lynching all the quieter players, regardless of their actual alignment.
That said, I share some of Tim's frustrations with feeling like my language is being overanalyze. Like yesterday, I got scumread for making a meme-y joke. How am I supposed to come back from that? Make more original jokes? Be completely serious going forward!? I seriously don't know. I try and phrase everything I type on here as naturally as possible, but if I overanalyze everything I'm saying and retype it a bajillion times to avoid being scumread, I'm going to get called out for my language sounding contrived. I dont see what I can say to convince you all that I'm not scum when you've basically already made up your minds.
Regardless, of what you all think, I'm very much the type of player who believes actions speak louder than words. I was scumreading Tim for a while yesterday, but what finally convinced me that he was scum was that he took direct action to vote for a no-lynch, which only reinforced my existing belief that he was trying to go for a no-lynch if at all possible. Its still certainly possible that Tim might be a mislynch but I think that's highly unlikely at this point. I know saying this makes me seem scummy AF but I just want to avoid a no-lynch scenario like yesterday because we don't have a lot of room for a no-lynch. Even if we mislynch today (though lynching a mafia member would be ideal), that will help narrow down targets for the vigilante to shoot tonight, whereas a no-lynch will give them a lot less information to work with.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I was scumreading Tim for a while yesterday, but what finally convinced me that he was scum was that he took direct action to vote for a no-lynch, which only reinforced my existing belief that he was trying to go for a no-lynch if at all possible. Its still certainly possible that Tim might be a mislynch but I think that's highly unlikely at this point. I know saying this makes me seem scummy AF but I just want to avoid a no-lynch scenario like yesterday because we don't have a lot of room for a no-lynch.
Might I remind you that had I not voted no-lynch yesterday, you'd have, in all likelihood, been lynched. Are you saying that you suspect me as being mafia because I kept you from being lynched?

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
In fairness Stranger, you did vote hop from person to person (Including on myself) which felt opportunistic.

Timdood has more votes than you right now, my unvote was because I was memeing Fog when he showed up. I'm abstaining right now because I haven't fully made up my mind yet.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
It wasn't you by yourself though. The vote was still tied between me and you at the end of the day. If you really want to convince me, tell me this: Why did you specifically vote no-lynch yesterday instead of just abstaining?

Also, Comp I still want to see a reads list from you.
Because I wasn't convinced you were mafia. I really wasn't understanding why people were voting you (I still kind of don't, tbh) and didn't want to mislynch (or be lynched, obviously. Though you were the one to vote me at the last minute, which seemed like a self-preservation vote, which is reasonable.) If I hadn't voted no-lynch, I would've been voting for you.

Which brings me back to: Unless you know you're mafia and therefore know that preventing your lynch was not a good play for town, I can't see a reason that me wanting to save you from being lynched makes me look scummy in your eyes.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Might I remind you that had I not voted no-lynch yesterday, you'd have, in all likelihood, been lynched. Are you saying that you suspect me as being mafia because I kept you from being lynched?
Would it be accurate for me to say in general you prefer a no lynch to what you believe is a mislynch? Even if a mislynch from your own perspective would give information on voting patterns?

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Would it be accurate for me to say in general you prefer a no lynch to what you believe is a mislynch? Even if a mislynch from your own perspective would give information on voting patterns?
That is accurate, yes. I said that very thing when I placed my vote yesterday.
I'd rather no-lynch than mislynch

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I read your post again, and I misunderstood what you were asking the first time.

There are some circumstances under which I'm willing to mislynch for information. I'm not sure really how I would define those circumstances though. Last game, for example, when weak claimed blocker. Was I convinced he was mafia because of his behavior? Not really, but I was willing to use a mislynch just because statistically, it was unlikely he was telling the truth.

As a player, I probably undervalue looking at voting patterns a little, so that could be a factor too. To be honest, I'm just not 100% sure how to answer your question.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
I read your post again, and I misunderstood what you were asking the first time.

There are some circumstances under which I'm willing to mislynch for information. I'm not sure really how I would define those circumstances though. Last game, for example, when weak claimed blocker. Was I convinced he was mafia because of his behavior? Not really, but I was willing to use a mislynch just because statistically, it was unlikely he was telling the truth.

As a player, I probably undervalue looking at voting patterns a little, so that could be a factor too. To be honest, I'm just not 100% sure how to answer your question.
This sounds generally reasonable, and what's making me lean away from voting you is that you voted for a no lynch. If you were scum, voting Stranger would have most likely ensured your survival and not left you open to being lynched by a single vote. Any one person had the power to shift the vote, but did not, so if you are scum you took a huge risk in sticking to your declared principles.

I'm seeing less possible scenarios that involve you being scum.

MoltenAshes

Reaction score
Rethinking this over, the last few posts from Tim are giving me town vibes, and hockey hasn't answered why he's voted Tim to my knowledge (correct me if I'm wrong). Due to this, I'm definitely not as certain on lynching Tim. Also Comp and Notme please give your input on the day, you two have started to go silent.

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Votecount Day 2

Timdood3: [2/6] Hockeyfan1852 and Stranger from Planet 9

Stranger from Planet 9: [2/6] Infected_alien8_ and HKCaper

Not voting: [7] Alisha, Comp, Fog, Notme, MoltenAshes, Timdood3 and Unusual_dood.

6 votes are required for a lynch.
6 votes are required for a no-lynch.

Deadline in 60 hours!

Mafia Host
Reaction score
In fairness Stranger, you did vote hop from person to person (Including on myself) which felt opportunistic.
In fairness, those votes were more to try and get reactions out of people rather than to start a wagon to lynch. I would have absolutely unvoted Hockeyfan and Comp had other people jumped on voting them. As I've said before, my vote against you was a stupid mistake stemming from me being more used to Discord mafia where things move much faster, and me trying to keep up with things before I had to go into a court hearing (not mine, I work for a law office so I go to court hearings somewhat regularly :p ) - I know that's not the best explanation, but it's honestly what y'all are gonna have to believe.

Uhhhh who made a grand impassioned defense speech?
You and Timdood. That said,

This explains Tim's thought process to me a lot more clearly. I'm not fully convinced he's town yet, but I'll at least hold off from voting him for now.
Unvote

That said, I think where Tim and I's play style differs significantly is that I'm a lot more inpatient and tend to see lynching as a necessity. After all, we're not going to win just by standing by quietly and letting the mafia slowly kill us all, and so that's what I'm going to pursue. I honestly don't have much to go off of yet, but here's the leads that I do have.

Apologies for not being here for the end of the day - I was just really busy the whole weekend.
Although it isn't great that we didn't lynch yesterday (I would have placed my vote on tim to avoid nl if I had time), at least two of the dead players have only been villagers. Should increase our odds of getting mafia today I guess
I didn't see the tag I guess, it was a 24 hour event so at best I was able to skim read some of the posts.
Also out of tim and stranger, I don't want to lynch stranger yet, especially as she claimed she was kidnapped. I think its unlikely Mafia would have kidnapped on of their own the first night
Comp hasn't done much of anything to be honest, but the things he has said don't inspire a lot of confidence. For example, he said yesterday that he doesn't have much of an opinion after pinging Notme and Shadowdude for their opinions, which strikes me as an attempt to direct attention towards other players. He also mentioned that he would have voted tim if he hadn't been busy, which strikes me as being overly convenient for him, especially since he said shortly before the deadline that he wasn't willing to lynch until he heard some better arguments for lynching.

Also, this is much more of a stretch, but Brian was voting somewhat erratically early on yesterday as well. They very well could have been meme votes or something of that nature, but the first two people he voted against were Inffy and Alisha. He did very specifically go after Alisha for being 'uptight'. That could possibly mean that his death would help Alisha out if she were mafia, and it would (in theory) be easily forgotten about since it got buried in 20-something pages of posts yesterday.

Anyway, I'm going to try and be more patient now and not throw my vote there right away.

Mafia Host
Reaction score
In fairness, those votes were more to try and get reactions out of people rather than to start a wagon to lynch.
In b4 someone roasts me for starting my sentence with the same two words Alisha did. :p

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
unvote Tim
I'm not sure but something about how this all went down just feels off to me, as i said before. Vibes are telling me mafia tried to get a BW going on Tim, and now that it didnt take off people are unvoting. Then again, vibes arent sure about Tim yet, could be an attempt at quick bus, but i dont find that as likely so i dunno.

Anyway Notme can you post some reads or something.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Rethinking this over, the last few posts from Tim are giving me town vibes, and hockey hasn't answered why he's voted Tim to my knowledge (correct me if I'm wrong). Due to this, I'm definitely not as certain on lynching Tim. Also Comp and Notme please give your input on the day, you two have started to go silent.
I would like a reads list from you please.

I would have absolutely unvoted Hockeyfan and Comp had other people jumped on voting them. As I've said before, my vote against you was a stupid mistake stemming from me being more used to Discord mafia where things move much faster, and me trying to keep up with things before I had to go into a court hearing (not mine
I've been guilty of doing throwing votes around before while I'm town so this is plausible.

This explains Tim's thought process to me a lot more clearly. I'm not fully convinced he's town yet, but I'll at least hold off from voting him for now.
Unvote

That said, I think where Tim and I's play style differs significantly is that I'm a lot more inpatient and tend to see lynching as a necessity. After all, we're not going to win just by standing by quietly and letting the mafia slowly kill us all, and so that's what I'm going to pursue. I honestly don't have much to go off of yet, but here's the leads that I do have.
Yeah, but you just said that people unvote whenever someone makes an impassioned speech, and then you unvoted after Tim made one.

I'm not sure but something about how this all went down just feels off to me, as i said before. Vibes are telling me mafia tried to get a BW going on Tim, and now that it didnt take off people are unvoting. Then again, vibes arent sure about Tim yet, could be an attempt at quick bus, but i dont find that as likely so i dunno.
I would like a reads list from you please.

You know, I'm gonna have to call you out on that one.
Careful now or I might have to get all fun police on you!!

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
I'm lowkey terrified Inffy is subtly encouraging my tunnelvision on Stranger so I'm gonna post this conspiracy theory;

If Inffy is scum then this is what I think is going through his mind;
- Inffy tunnelvisions me for the longest time on Day 1 because Brian started the process by joking around and then pushing to lynch me. Inffy begins to picking apart every last thing I say as well as saying my reads (Including the one made on Stranger) don't make much sense, and I get a couple votes.
- I make a wall of text that makes him feel guilty for pushing on me so he decides to pull back and follow my suspicion on Stranger instead, because I would be less likely to question his change in heart since I was just pushed to my limit defending myself. (Inffy also noted that he would hate to lose me or Tim early on in the game so he could have taken that opportunity to back off)
- Brian is murdered because they either think he's lying about his role, or because they wanted to confuse town by making a suboptimal decision and throw shade on me and anyone that he went up against.

This is probably barely credible but I need to post this just in case it's actually correct

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I just want to lynch stranger, nothing they've said has made me change my mind on them and I just want to resolve them (sorry stranger)

I haven't changed my mind on tim either, nothing makes me go 'oh yeah tim totally wouldn't do that as mafia', but the general doubt is slightly rubbing off on me I guess