Lasagne Mafia - Game over

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I disagree. By CCing, he creates (or extends) an opportunity to get a mislynch, bringing the player count to 6/4, then 5/4 the next day, putting us in lylo every day for the rest of the game.
but he could easily have not cc'd and tried to get us to mislynch elsewhere instead and that way he doesn't need to die, it's not like we had a target and we were all going for his buddy so he figured he'd have to do that ^, we could easily lynch town today

like, I fail to see what made him so desperate that he'd sacrifice his own life for that, unless he had reason to believe his buddies were being targeted today and wanted us to mislynch, but nobody's really being targeted strongly and it seems like the day could go anywhere, so that doesn't seem likely to me

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
but he could easily have not cc'd and tried to get us to mislynch elsewhere instead and that way he doesn't need to die, it's not like we had a target and we were all going for his buddy so he figured he'd have to do that ^, we could easily lynch town today

like, I fail to see what made him so desperate that he'd sacrifice his own life for that, unless he had reason to believe his buddies were being targeted today and wanted us to mislynch, but nobody's really being targeted strongly and it seems like the day could go anywhere, so that doesn't seem likely to me
What I'm saying is, he'd know that if he claimed, it'd be a surefire way to get you to continue pushing on stranger. From that perspective, it certainly looks like the most reliable way to get a mislynch. And after that point, his life individually doesn't even matter in any truly significant way because it reamains lylo until the vigilante shoots a mafia.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
No, it hasn't fallen down as it has before.

Tim claimed doctor and both tracker claims have given the same information so Tim is confirmed not a vanilla townie. Hockeyfan could have claimed to push another mislynch and get the numbers down enough to swing a final vote, or if raxo kills someone anyway, getting a win.

You were not confident stranger was mafia this whole time, you only started suspecting her close to the end of day 1. Stop tunnelvisioning stranger for a sec and take a step back to breathe, because with the amount of new information that has been dumped, we need time to make sure we're making the right decision.
It has to me. I saw the game as 'tim and stranger are mafia buddies' and my understanding of the game revolved around that, because that made the most sense to me. Suddenly that didn't seem possible anymore, so my whole view of the game was confused. Now hockey's cc'd and so my original way of seeing the game has gone back again, because that makes the most sense to me and is still compatible. I don't see any reason why I am ever going to decide to trust stranger over hockey, and I still think stranger's been really scummy, so my vote's there

You did not scumread her all game
okay not all game, I town read her at the start, I just mean for ages

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score

We all had just unvoted Stranger due to her claim, so by fakeclaiming so quickly he could be trying to prevent town from realizing it's been misled and keep you from realizing your view of the game is wrong.

Just to be clear, I'm not advocating voting Hockeyfan, I'm advocating for not rushing into a lynch.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
It has to me. I saw the game as 'tim and stranger are mafia buddies' and my understanding of the game revolved around that, because that made the most sense to me. Suddenly that didn't seem possible anymore, so my whole view of the game was confused. Now hockey's cc'd and so my original way of seeing the game has gone back again, because that makes the most sense to me and is still compatible. I don't see any reason why I am ever going to decide to trust stranger over hockey, and I still think stranger's been really scummy, so my vote's there
Give yourself a chance to question that perception. That's only your own understanding of the game, not the actual facts of what's really going on. Try to actually analyze the scenario that hockeyfan is mafia, before you make your choice.

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
Some quick points.
1. Why would I claim tracker as mafia if no one in the game had voted for me currently and there was little to no chance of me getting lynched today.
2. I went for a no lynch strategy day1 to give the investigators (me) more time since I picked les to investigate and he died night 1 so I had absolutely no leads.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Some quick points.
1. Why would I claim tracker as mafia if no one in the game had voted for me currently and there was little to no chance of me getting lynched today.
2. I went for a no lynch strategy day1 to give the investigators (me) more time since I picked les to investigate and he died night 1 so I had absolutely no leads.
See here's the thing, I actually believe your claim over stranger's, but I'm not going to bandwagon without examining the potential scenarios based on the facts right now.

Before day ends I want to get two potential scumteams worked out and post them so that if I die or anything, then people can use that info.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Notme if we lynch the wrong person today(Stranger or Hockeyfan) and they turn up as town when today ends, kill the other person.

If we lynch the right person and they turn up as mafia when today ends, do not kill anyone.

This will force mafia to roleblock you and keep them away from better targets like the cop.

Before I vote, I want you Raxo to respond to this and say if you are good with this plan.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
What I'm saying is, he'd know that if he claimed, it'd be a surefire way to get you to continue pushing on stranger. From that perspective, it certainly looks like the most reliable way to get a mislynch. And after that point, his life individually doesn't even matter in any truly significant way because it reamains lylo until the vigilante shoots a mafia.
Eh I guess that's possible. Personally I think I'd value my life too much to do something like that unless it seemed it was absolutely necessary, not just to be safe to make sure that town didn't turn on my partners when I had little reason to panic about that, but sure it's possible that's what hockey was thinking. But also hockey's seemed town to me for most of the game, the only time I questioned him was since I didn't understand his vote on you, but his answer to my question combined with the perspective that he saw you visit me and thought you were blocker that makes a lot of sense

Give yourself a chance to question that perception. That's only your own understanding of the game, not the actual facts of what's really going on. Try to actually analyze the scenario that hockeyfan is mafia, before you make your choice.
I know you're being the reasonable one here but I'M EXCITED since I think we just caught mafia and I want to kill them!!!

But yeah okay, I'll calm down a bit and not rush into it. I know it's just my understanding of it and not necessarily what's going on, it's just when I've thought stranger's been oozing scum almost all game and hockey seems townie and one's cc'd the other, the choice feels obvious. But yeah I could be wrong and I'll try not to tunnel. Thank you.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
If Stranger is mafia, then re-examine these people in this order
Timdood - Ask the real doctor to counterclaim in this scenario and see what happens
Molten or Fog
UNU or Comp

If Hockeyfan is mafia, then re-examine these people in this order
Inffy
HKCaper
UNU or Comp or Fog

I'm confident on the first couple spots in each list but not on the last entries

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
I know you're being the reasonable one here but I'M EXCITED since I think we just caught mafia and I want to kill them!!!

But yeah okay, I'll calm down a bit and not rush into it. I know it's just my understanding of it and not necessarily what's going on, it's just when I've thought stranger's been oozing scum almost all game and hockey seems townie and one's cc'd the other, the choice feels obvious. But yeah I could be wrong and I'll try not to tunnel. Thank you.
Unvote please

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
Notme if we lynch the wrong person today(Stranger or Hockeyfan) and they turn up as town when today ends, kill the other person
Let me first respond to this quote, Alisha its a good plan to use raxo that way, assuming he's legit (which per usual, unless a cc happens ill trust it), but i think raxo will get blocked or kidnapped if this scenario happens. I agree he shouldnt kill anyone if we get mafia today doe.

Damn lots of stuff to work with. Since i got kidnapped, unless inffy got roleblocked and Tim is the roleblocker, Tim is telling the truth. I trust hockey's claim over stranger. Aldo i do find it odd he would have known Tim visited Inffy, unless ofc Tim is roleblocker and stranger is also scum.

I think we have to consider the effect lynching stranger/hockey would have in the event they flip town/mafia.