Timeline of Dichotomous Flowers - Game Complete

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Haven't had time to catch up on the thread yet, will do in a few hours when I wake up since I'm exhausted and can barely keep my eyes open, but can we not hammer anyone yet, and purplepixies Unusual_Dood Aqua Kroppeb please claim your full role, and TehBrian tell us who you visited n2, whether you were blocked or disabled, and who you tried to visit n3 if anyone.

Also Nottykitten a got given something on what I now realize is the same night as when you 'bonded' with me. Did you have anything to do with that, at least that you're aware of?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Haven't had time to catch up on the thread yet, will do in a few hours when I wake up since I'm exhausted and can barely keep my eyes open, but can we not hammer anyone yet, and purplepixies Unusual_Dood Aqua Kroppeb please claim your full role, and TehBrian tell us who you visited n2, whether you were blocked or disabled, and who you tried to visit n3 if anyone.
(and I skim read to look for your names in the thread so I know you haven't done it yet!)

Sam_Winchester

Controller
Controller
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Stranger from Planet 9 I placed my vote after reading back about 1 1/2 pages and Vyryn had mentioned having a role similar to Molten's. But I had only skipped through most of it, and after seeing Molten get killed, I thought Vyryn was lying so I voted for him for the sole reason. Then things moved really quickly. I placed a vote, then went to do things, and when I refreshed the page the final hammer was in and the thread was closed. For the past 2 nights I've been inactive for day's end. Today will probably be no different if I'm not reminded on discord or something like that. Which on that note, I'm gonna wait a bit before I place my vote for today.

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
—— Voting Recap ——
Deadline: 8 April 2019 UTC 22:00

Purplepixies - 1 (Aqua) [L-5]
TehBrian - 1 (Nottykitten) [L-5]

With 10 players, it takes 6 votes to lynch and 5 votes to no-lynch.

If no option reaches the required number of votes when a deadline hits, the day will end as a no-lynch.

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'd like to know if anyone else is getting suspicious of Inffy or if it's just me.
I mean until further notice he's /proven/ town

If that changes tho, I'd happily lynch him

and purplepixies Unusual_Dood Aqua Kroppeb please claim your full role
I'm a vanilla townie lmao

My pseudo role claim, suggesting I /knew/ you were mafia was an attempted jebait to try to make you slip.

It kinda worked cus you went on about abilities being reflected round the clock and tried to explain it away with that which seemed scummy,

but you do have a history of coming up with wacky game features, some of which prove to be true, regardless of alignment so it didn't give much.

I'll be honest, I've been incredibly busy unexpectedly lately and haven't been able to pay the game the attention it deserves so I don't have many reads based on the current situation besides my original day 0/1 reads.

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
Chat feels really dead atm =(
Most of us are waiting for Brian to claim his targets N2 and N3 to make a decision, but at this point I think it is quite obvious that he is intentionally ignoring us. We have given him so many chances and long time to answer, yet he don’t so I think we’re only left with one option.

vote tehbrian

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Most of us are waiting for Brian to claim his targets N2 and N3 to make a decision, but at this point I think it is quite obvious that he is intentionally ignoring us. We have given him so many chances and long time to answer, yet he don’t so I think we’re only left with one option.

vote tehbrian
Maybe if we tag TehBrian one more time

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Okay hello everyone I'm alive

Sooo I lied yesterday, I had read the thread and I was just staying offline since I wanted brian to claim who he visited n2 before I claimed in case I was able to catch him out possibly lying, and if I said that I was waiting for brian until I claimed, he might've figured that I was waiting to potentially catch him out on a lie and therefore make sure not to lie anymore and ruin the opportunity.

But to be honest I've had enough of waiting for him, he's been online and is clearly just ignoring us, and even if he did lie it's not like it'd be 'proven' that he's mafia since it's possible the mafia messed with his action n2 - we'd just gain another 'indication' of him being mafia which I thought could push for his lynch if he is mafia, but since he's already looking like lynch preference #1 I don't think the likelihood of it affecting the outcome of the day is worth waiting this long for him.

TehBrian please in future ask to be replaced if you can't commit to a game.

Role Claim

I'm the town-equivalent of omni's role. I disable people. N1 I disabled omni since I was lowkey suspicious of him but didn't plan on pushing for his lynch that day and since disable has a delay of one night, if I disabled someone who was lynched the next day, it would never have blocked them. I planned to push on hk or dess the next day, but hk died and dess claimed a role that got people town reading him so I ended up pushing for omni and so my disable never did anything to him.

N2 I disabled Vyryn since I thought he bussed omni and I wasn't sure that he'd be lynched the next day and I had a feeling I was going to die and not be there to push for his lynch. But he never claimed to be disabled and brian said he was blocked, which I'm assuming means brian reflected vyryn since then my disable would've reflected onto brian if we assume the reflection rule we've been working with is true. I was planning on seeing if brian would claim he visited someone else to potentially out him as a liar.

N3 I disabled Dess. I was really conflicted between who to disable last night, in the end I went with dess since I was still a bit suspicious of him and if he was town then no harm done since he had no abilities left, and I was curious as to what would happen if I tried to disable somebody when the game dial was yellow and pointing at them.

So as you can hopefully see my visits are accounted for and since mafia already has a dead disabler, hopefully I'm pretty much in the clear now.

But that's not all! On night 2 when Notty apparently 'bonded' with me my role was altered and I was given a second ability - a 1-shot 'Hide', which means I make myself immune to night actions for one night.

Obviously I'm going to keep quiet about whether I'm planning on using this ability tonight or using my disable instead since the mafia might try to kill me but fyi that's what happened. I think it probably came from notty since it could protect me from a mafia kill attempt (or if I was mafia, being disabled and getting caught and lynched), and therefore benefits her win condition if she's telling the truth about it since if I die before she wins then she dies and loses, and also benefits my win condition since I want to stay alive for my faction. Makes sense to me that when notty bonds with a plant they get an ability that they'd want to use for their own reasons that also happens to help notty with her wincon. And nobody's claimed to have given it to me either so unless purple did, I'm assuming that's what happened.

Anyway, a few things I want to say.

First, I think stranger is a third party role that the mafia need to kill in order to win.

I noticed that the mafia win condition implies there is a dangerous third party out there that the mafia must eliminate before they can win, even if they get a majority:

"Win condition:
- You win when the Mafia obtain a majority with all threats eliminated."

If notty is telling the truth then I doubt it's her since why would she be a 'threat' to the mafia, which means there's a second third party running around who is very dangerous to the mafia.

Personally I think it's stranger. I think she's hiding something about her role, and out of everyone, she's the most compatible with a third party to my mind. She's not done anything particularly 'townie' to me, her role feels third party, and her claim posts reek of hiding something.

Is that all your role does? Spawn in the second hand once in the game and it lasts for two nights?
Yup, pretty much. :/

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk
The 'pretty much' implies there's more to it than what she was letting on. Otherwise I don't see why she wouldn't just agree with my post or say 'Yes'. I think this was a slip that she's hiding something. And the ':/' felt to me like she felt the need to show some kind of emotional disappointment with her role to make it believable - it doesn't quite feel like it's coming from a genuine place for me. I think if she had that role she wouldn't be feeling ':/' she'd be feeling excited at having a mysterious role. So I think the :/ was planted there to make her seem to feel an emotion that she wasn't really feeling, because she thought a townie would be feeling disappointed with it, when personally I don't think they would be. I know I'm digging into such a minute detail here but this post really pinged my radar and I think she's the dangerous third party that the mafia have to kill before it kills them.

Second, I found a clue that kropp might be mafia last night when I was reading back over omni's posts:

why'd you disable aqua?

and what's your role name?

and is disabling all you can do? is it 1-shot or can you do it whenever?
i'm but a Disabler...

and i needn't explain our intimate details with you!
Omni is your ability one shot or can you do it multiple times?
ONE shot, one kill
As you can see, I asked him a handful of questions in that post, one of which was asking if he was 1-shot. He refused to answer that. Then kropp comes along on the very next page, asks the same question, and omni answers him. I wonder whether this is because he felt more inclined to answer his teammate than me. I could also totally see this as just a) omni not seeing me ask the first time, or b) omni not wanting to share it but then deciding he probably should since that was 2 people asking for it so maybe he should share it after all, or c) he just simply changed his mind. And it feels harmless, but my feelings haven't exactly been on point this game so I'm weary of trusting them.

Another thing is that all game I've thought kropp was either our cop or mafia (yeah he's the person I thought was cop this whole time). He's been so quiet and lurky and very little attempt at scumhunting, so I thought it was either not wanting to get dirty because his objective isn't to help us but to survive and he just wanted to do enough to get by without causing trouble, or he's a cop and therefore wanted to stay out of the spotlight to survive and get reports, and his lack of scumhunting was because he figured he could do it all at night with his role. Now that he's claimed vanilla townie I'm more wary of him.

That being said, I think his posts have amazing townie tone to them, and I'm not saying I think he's mafia with this post, I'm just putting a few things out on the table for discussion, because it's clear to me that whoever the remaining mafia are besides brian if he's mafia, are very good at hiding it, so we should consider everyone.

--

Anyways, I have a few new reads on people but I want purplepixies to claim before I give them

I still think brian is mafia though, and I want to say he's the mafia, more flexible equivalent of vyryn. Also his interaction with omni seemed pretty scummy, e.g.

a) weird forced interaction: insult from omni, weird and weak insult back from brian, funny rating from omni: https://escaperestart.com/forum/thr...omous-flowers-day-3.21292/page-39#post-430705

and

b) 2 random votes on brian from omni, as far as I'm aware he only did this to brian, nobody else, so seems kind of like distancing from a buddy
Vote TehBrian
Unvote
Vote Tehbrian
I do wonder though if he's mafia why he wasn't targeting his buddies with his ability to stop them being investigated or something, and why he isn't putting more effort into a scum-game when he seems to think he's good at being scum - surely he'd want to protect his ego and do well, but whatever, I still think he's scum.

------------

And now to finish this post off I have a few responses to stuff:

My pseudo role claim, suggesting I /knew/ you were mafia was an attempted jebait to try to make you slip.

It kinda worked cus you went on about abilities being reflected round the clock and tried to explain it away with that which seemed scummy,

but you do have a history of coming up with wacky game features, some of which prove to be true, regardless of alignment so it didn't give much.
I didn't come up with anything, brian did with his claim. I just tagged you to let you know that whatever you 'did' to me would've reflected off, if brian's claim were true.

And I slightly doubt that you were softclaiming to know I was mafia as a bait since you said you thought I was mafia and so "did something about it" which doesn't sound like a cop softclaim to me.

And why did you say you doubt purple would bus omni, and now suddenly you're wanting to lynch her?

I mean until further notice he's /proven/ town
How am I '/proven/ town'?
Haven't used my 'powers' a lot yet, have I?
What do you mean by that?

And how experienced are you in mafia?

vote tehbrian
I also want purplepixies to claim before we hammer.

Unvote

I'm posting this realizing that I've possibly fell for a few of the traps he's laid thus far but I'm starting to get reallllly nervous about Inffy. As I said earlier, I've suspected for a while that one of Inffy and Vyryn is mafia, and now that Vyryn's confirmed town I'm strongly beginning to suspect that it's Inffy.
For one thing, posts #1577-#1614 feel a lot like an argument between a town and a scum, and in the moment I had trouble making out which one was which in the moment, but looking back with the knowledge that Vyryn is town, Inffy's arguments seem like a stretch in a lot of places - especially #1613 where he's tearing Vyryn's reads apart rather than talking about the feeling he gets from the list.
With that post I wasn't trying to 'tear' vy's reads apart. I was asking questions about them to get a better idea of where he was coming from:

a) Aqua was defending omni for most of yesterday though, and you pointed that out yourself. Why don't you think that's scummy?

b) Could you quote where that came from?

c) Could you quote where this is too please?

d) What do you mean by 'rather shifty'?

e) Where did she do that?

--

f) And who do you want to lynch today?
With a) I wanted to know why he hadn't scumread aqua and whether I'd think he was being genuine in his read, because his read didn't make sense to me so I wanted more insight into his thought process.

With b) I wanted to see where he was coming from with that read, see if I'd see what he meant if he pointed me to it and if I'd change my mind about notty.

With c) I wanted to see if it did happen and where since it'd maybe make me reconsider notty, and if it didn't happen then he'd realize it by trying to answer my question and not being able to and adjust his read so if he was town he'd have a better informed read

With d) I wanted to understand his thought process on me more to see if it seemed genuine

With e) I wanted to see if purple did claim third party since it'd make me change her mind on thinking she was town

With f) I wanted to see who he wanted to lynch the most to see if I thought he seemed townie with that mindset - he'd not specified which one person he wanted to lynch the most, he'd given three(?) names, and I wanted to know who his #1 choice was, and he answered by giving them in order of priority

Unvote

I'm posting this realizing that I've possibly fell for a few of the traps he's laid thus far but I'm starting to get reallllly nervous about Inffy. As I said earlier, I've suspected for a while that one of Inffy and Vyryn is mafia, and now that Vyryn's confirmed town I'm strongly beginning to suspect that it's Inffy.
For one thing, posts #1577-#1614 feel a lot like an argument between a town and a scum, and in the moment I had trouble making out which one was which in the moment, but looking back with the knowledge that Vyryn is town, Inffy's arguments seem like a stretch in a lot of places - especially #1613 where he's tearing Vyryn's reads apart rather than talking about the feeling he gets from the list.
Furthermore, in both his reads list (#1660) and his arguments against Vyryn, Inffy really seems like he's relying on the possibility that Vyryn's flower *could* be poisonous rather than actual reads. It could be Inffy tunneling like normal, but there's just something about that specific tactic that really strikes me as off.
I wasn't relying on it. I had many other arguments that I used against vy. And it wasn't that it just *could* be poisonous, it seemed that all Ivy were toxic in some way because of their berries (but I couldn't find whether all Ivy produced berries or not) and the thing they have in them that causes a rash or something. And then it was just an add-on that 'some' Ivy species were dangerous to the environment/human health. But I definitely wasn't relying on this argument to scumread him 'rather than actual reads', I gave plenty of other reads on him, and I did end up agreeing with vy that his role was a lot less obviously-poisonous than omni's and noted that you had to scroll down on the wiki to actually see that its berries were toxic, and no longer felt confident about using the 'your plant is toxic' anymore. You can probably see that here:

Vyryn - His plant produces toxic berries and can harm the environment/people, but then again it's not as 'obviously harmful' as omni's was and you had to scroll down on the wiki page to actually find that it can be harmful.
But that didn't make me suddenly town read him since for all I knew mafia sometimes had roles that weren't obviously poisonous, or he was lying about being Ivy and was actually Poison Ivy or something.

Finally, thinking about it this idea of Inffy trying to start a role massclaim has me concerned in retrospect. More specifically the fact that he hasn't been forthcoming with what his role does. To me it reads as if he's trying to bait information out of townies (like Tim & myself, for example).
That's since I was waiting for tehbrian to claim first which I've explained above.

Infected_alien8_
1. When you were researching different types of Ivy when arguing with Vyryn, how exactly were you expecting that to support your argument against him?
2. Did the hammer on Vyryn yesterday change your opinion of purplepixies of TehBrian in any way?
3. When you mentioned a mass role claim, why didn't you lead by example?
4. If it's because you're concerned about mafia targeting you, under what circumstances would you consider revealing what your role does?
1) I wasn't researching them with the intent of 'this will support my argument', I was researching them with the intent of 'maybe I'll find a clue to him being scum here, or maybe I won't, but if I do then I'll bring it up'.

2) No.

3) Explained above

5) I'm not concerned about being targeted by mafia.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Also Kroppeb why did you ask whether omni's role was one-shot or not? Since I asked because if he claimed it was one-shot that'd be much more believable to me than otherwise (since a disabler and a 1-shot disabler for town seems more likely than two full disablers)

I wonder whether you guys had planned claims n1 and that was you nudging him to claim, which is why I'm asking you why you asked him that