The Happy Vice Institute - Game Complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hipmeow

Reaction score
Hip initially sused Inffy because they thought Inffy's sus on them was a 'reach' and that Inffy was attempting to lynch them on nothing
also i initially sused inf and i still do because he was reaching for a lynch, and i didnt say he was trying to lynch me on nothing, to me it looked like he was trying to lynch me on something quite small/weak which as a townie seems silly

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
"well if they were lying because they knew their lie was safe then it'd be because they knew other town had the same type of vice"
i feel like this is an assumption that can't be made because it depends on what info mafia gets. maybe they feel it's a safe lie cause theres multiple types of vices and theirs is another type that makes sense.
yeah true

"which would mean questioning it as though it doesn't make sense and therefore could be made up and not really a thing in the game"
if it's too many layers for me to understand while reading i think it's possible hip just didnt think this far ahead. like he just saw something that didn't fit with his view of vices and questioned it.
possible but I just think hip would've seen that as town and if he did question it, have the thought of 'well I doubt mafia are making a risky move and making it up like that so I guess it's probably true' and not act as though it didn't make any sense since he'd probably be doubting his own questioning of it at that point - that's just how I'd expect him to think about it

"would still seem like it wouldn't make sense for hip to think that to me, and wouldn't be likely that he would"
to rephrase this for myself : "hip wouldnt think a role could be completely made up" uhh yeah this makes sense, i would generally assume mafia would base their fakeclaim on something but i dont think it's impossible mafia could base it on something badly
well I think he knows it's possible a role could be completely made up, just I think he'd doubt it'd happen so early on with so little information

Boooo

Reaction score
If you want to claim that someone is reaching, that's fine, but you have to explain why they're wrong.

wha, where did i say this

i mean its not like i can really disprove what hes saying about me and i thought it would be better to at least address his claim against me rather than just ignore it and while i admit i wrongly thought he was reaching hardcore i still dont trust inf at all but hey
i mean i somewhat understood what he was saying but to me it felt like he was going to try and go for a lynch on just that (idk why i thought this but i did) and i mean to me thats just OUTRAGEOUS

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
And you can probably see how a town person doesn't feel like they have to explain every action they do because they're town actions. Infs accusation was absurd and either 'no I did it because X' or 'you're delusional' are both valid answers in my opinion.
pretty rude but ok

I don't think it is absurd I think it's a perfectly reasonable thought process to think hip wouldn't believe that scum would be likely to make up roles so early with so little information

Boooo

Reaction score
Valid for both town and mafia alike.

Even if it's normal that doesn't mean Hip can't get vibes from how Inf is doing it. Hip suspecting Inf for the 'reach' are exactly the vibes you seem to see as some separate thing.

And you can probably see how a town person doesn't feel like they have to explain every action they do because they're town actions. Infs accusation was absurd and either 'no I did it because X' or 'you're delusional' are both valid answers in my opinion.
1. Town wouldn't sus someone that might be town just to save their own ass.

2. I don't find the way Inffy is doing it sus whatsoever.

3. A town person has to explain why they did something as town or people will question why and assume something else, ie, theyre scum

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
yeah true

possible but I just think hip would've seen that as town and if he did question it, have the thought of 'well I doubt mafia are making a risky move and making it up like that so I guess it's probably true' and not act as though it didn't make any sense since he'd probably be doubting his own questioning of it at that point - that's just how I'd expect him to think about it

well I think he knows it's possible a role could be completely made up, just I think he'd doubt it'd happen so early on with so little information
I don't think it is absurd I think it's a perfectly reasonable thought process to think hip wouldn't believe that scum would be likely to make up roles so early with so little information
Or, maybe, possibly, Hip saw that someones vice worked different than theirs and pointed it out like a normal person would. I see Hip actively contributing and you trying to put a bad narrative behind it.

Also put on some clothes please

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
right ok im getting confused now. inf can you sum up why you originally suspected me
ye will sum it up below in response to notty:

Or, maybe, possibly, Hip saw that someones vice worked different than theirs and pointed it out like a normal person would. I see Hip actively contributing and you trying to put a bad narrative behind it.
yes I know that's possible but my point is it felt like they were throwing shade onto the idea of vice-actions existing as if it seemed unlikely to be the case, there was a hint of that attitude to me in his post

to me I think it'd be unlikely hip would react like that as town since I think he'd know that mafia making up what their vices do with such little information would be a risky and therefore unlikely move, so rather than doubting the existence of it (like I felt he was doing - could be wrong obv but that's how his post felt to me) he'd accept that it's likely and not bother calling it into question. Sure he might point out how it's different to his, but that's not just what he did, he didn't just say 'hey my vice isn't like that', if he did I wouldn't have gotten the impression that I got

Also put on some clothes please
I'm free this way

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
1. Town wouldn't sus someone that might be town just to save their own ass.
Someone actively making up lies/false narratives are exactly the kind of person one should suspect.

Want to see something interesting.
2. I don't find the way Inffy is doing it sus whatsoever.
So you're teaming with Inf then? Notice how you're literally tagging your teammate to unvote you.
Infected_alien8_ why are you voting me lol

hipmeow

Reaction score
to me I think it'd be unlikely hip would react like that as town since I think he'd know that mafia making up what their vices do with such little information would be a risky and therefore unlikely move, so rather than doubting the existence of it (like I felt he was doing - could be wrong obv but that's how his post felt to me) he'd accept that it's likely and not bother calling it into question. Sure he might point out how it's different to his, but that's not just what he did, he didn't just say 'hey my vice isn't like that', if he did I wouldn't have gotten the impression that I got
i mean my thought process was litterally, having an ability which you activate which is detrimental makes zero sense to me hence why i questioned it, hoping someone would elaborate

Boooo

Reaction score
Someone actively making up lies/false narratives are exactly the kind of person one should suspect.

Want to see something interesting.

So you're teaming with Inf then? Notice how you're literally tagging your teammate to unvote you.
1. Inffy isn't making up false narratives, and if he was Hip should have addressed that and explained WHY that is FALSE, but Hip did NOT, Hip just called his sus BACK, that's why i think inffy is RIGHT because Hip CANNOT and HAS NOT EXPLAINED WHY.
Random caps to put emphasis on my point which you are seemingly blind to!

I didn't tag inf to unvote me, i asked him why he voted me just like i did with stranger yesterday and just like i do all the time.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
saying 'admittedly he isn't reaching' is the same as saying 'inffy isn't reaching', you literally admitted you were wrong and he was not reaching
he's saying he admits I wasn't reaching as much as he thought (I think he described it as 'hardcore reaching' earlier) but he never retracted the fact that I reached

i mean my thought process was litterally, having an ability which you activate which is detrimental makes zero sense to me hence why i questioned it, hoping someone would elaborate
that's fair enough, it's just your post feels like it's lowkey trying to accuse them of making it up to me, which is why I find it suspicious

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
I didn't tag inf to unvote me, i asked him why he voted me just like i did with stranger yesterday and just like i do all the time.
I think you did it because you felt pressure and didn't want people to pile onto a bandwagon started by your teammate. Knowing you're teammates Inf would ofcourse then remove his vote at your request.

hipmeow

Reaction score
also i swear i addressed infs point ages ago anyway

also i wasnt doing this i was just confused why you would ever activate an ability which would be detrimental
along with the response on this page which i basically say the thing in the previous quote

Boooo

Reaction score
I think you did it because you felt pressure and didn't want people to pile onto a bandwagon started by your teammate. Knowing you're teammates Inf would ofcourse then remove his vote at your request.
that's really retarded, here, let me explain why, the conversation wasn't even about me at the moment therefore i had no reason to feel pressure, nor was inffy claiming i was sus. Its ridiculous to think people would bandwagon because i don't think town is just going to blindly follow inffy when he hasn't even seriously called me sus.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
also i swear i addressed infs point ages ago anyway

along with the response on this page which i basically say the thing in the previous quote
I mean tbf to booo your initial response just says "I was confused why it would exist", it doesn't explain why you were questioning it (e.g. it could've been because you thought it was unlikely to exist because you found it confusing and wanted to accuse them, or it could've been because you just wanted to ask them to clarify it)

I only really felt like you'd completely answered why you made the post in your latest clarification one

(I'm not defending my teammate!)

Status
Not open for further replies.