The Happy Vice Institute - Game Complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boooo

Reaction score
interesting

if it was a drug addiction, then considering this:

maybe the maf have some sort of a drug dealer that can give out drugs and that way, they can roleblock tim by giving him drugs? or maybe trigger some other type of effect by giving him drugs

makes me think that maybe we shouldn't really be that specific about what vice we have, unless we can maybe think of some way to use our vices to our advantage

uh what

i'm sorry i just finished modding my skyrim for another run and i'm a bit dumb now because i spent most of the day reading mod descriptions

the thing that pinged me wasn't the comment itself, it was that he said it like he was glad it was happening without having done anything to help make it happen himself

i mean looking at this i get scum vibes as well, but it's not because of whatever ooglie was trying to say, it's more the bit at the end

kinda strikes me scummy in a similar way like ltin's comment about the same thing did, as in it feels fake and welded onto the post to give off a townie impression because that's what he thinks a townie would think at that moment

you wouldn't

then again, tim said that his vice activating or not isn't exactly up to him

and we don't really know if the vices are universally detrimental or not. alisha's flavour about them in the signup thread makes me think that they're more varied in scope and effect, so a vice that is harmless or even potentially beneficial shouldn't be ruled out imo

i'm not really sure why you're adamant that vices must be inherently detrimental, it's not like you can make that conclusion just by looking at your own role, so it kinda makes me wonder if you know something more about them than we do

and this feels like a bit of an overreaction, inf was barely pushing at all, the back and forth about hip being scum was obviously memeing imo

calling what inf was doing "going in hard" is definitely misrepresenting what was happening

fair enough, although the fact that you even thought he was reaching "hardcore" is somewhat sus imo

what

are you saying your role involves making people's lips sparkly?

uh

i mean for me the simplest explanation would be that you thought he was trying to go for a lynch because you're concerned about staying alive so you perceive threats against you as being larger than they actually are

which is a scum trait more often than not

it feels like you're just saying that you're blatantly omgusing inf

inf is special like that

not entirely sure what to make of this, on one hand boo is digging her heels in pretty hard and i don't think anything about hip justifies this yet, at least not this strongly, but on the other hand, i can definitely see a townie grasping for some minuscule amount of evidence on day 0 and thinking there's more to it than there actually is, since because of the very nature of day 0, by comparison, any little bit of evidence is going to seem that much bigger due to the lack of anything concrete

this on the other hand is so blatantly misrepresetative of the point boo seemed to be trying to make that i'd almost think notty's definitely scum for it, if it wasn't notty

but because it is notty, i still don't know what to make of it, because on one hand, it definitely makes me suspicious, but on the other hand, it's notty and manipulative and dodgy tactics are basically synonymous with her name, regardless of alignment

kinda willing to believe that this was a reaction test to see how boo would respond actually
I don't really see how that was 'digging my heels' in, i only explained to hip why i disagreed.

Why do you sus hip?

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Mooglie Enderfive how are you two so sure that there is an vice about drugs? I hardly see his posts as anything substantial to go off of
idk!
Anyone giving him drugs would have to have done as soon as the game started though. I was thinking more like Tim has a vice where he needs to respond to every mention of a positive emotion with positive reinforcement or something
ya i thought that too but some of his posts where he did the happy thing didnt seem to mention positive emotions (only that 'fun' one really)

Boooo

Reaction score
hmm

what if he needs his drugs to function properly instead of them being a detriment

i don't see why he would try to hint at it otherwise
idk!

ya i thought that too but some of his posts where he did the happy thing didnt seem to mention positive emotions (only that 'fun' one really)
idk it comes off like you two know something we dont

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I don't really see how that was 'digging my heels' in, i only explained to hip why i disagreed.

Why do you sus hip?
i mean you were going pretty hard for him, that's what i found interesting

i sus hip because i think he overreacted to inf's mild pushing and i think the reasons he provided once he calmed down a bit seem to confirm that he overreacted, he knows he overreacted, and is trying to lessen the impact now

it's not a 100% lock scum by any means, but considering the extremely low amount of information we have available during day 0, i'd say it's as good a reason as any to at least voice my suspicions and try to contribute to the discussion that way

Mooglie Enderfive how are you two so sure that there is an vice about drugs? I hardly see his posts as anything substantial to go off of
just pure theorycrafting, i'm not saying anything one way or the other, just going along with oog since i think it's an interesting idea and might lead to some interesting discussion

Anyone giving him drugs would have to have done as soon as the game started though.
why is that?

Boooo

Reaction score
i mean you were going pretty hard for him, that's what i found interesting

i sus hip because i think he overreacted to inf's mild pushing and i think the reasons he provided once he calmed down a bit seem to confirm that he overreacted, he knows he overreacted, and is trying to lessen the impact now

it's not a 100% lock scum by any means, but considering the extremely low amount of information we have available during day 0, i'd say it's as good a reason as any to at least voice my suspicions and try to contribute to the discussion that way

just pure theorycrafting, i'm not saying anything one way or the other, just going along with oog since i think it's an interesting idea and might lead to some interesting discussion

why is that?
I was just aggressively explaining to him why i sused (and still do a little) him, like i always do, but you wouldn't really know that.

i think he overreacted too and it definitely seemed like he tried to smooth it over later, especially when he said that inffy was going to use that against him.

Very true and lynching Hip d0 might be are best shot imo and i would prefer it over a nl.

If you says so, but you seem awfully sure of this- its giving me weird vibes

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
my random thoughts on tim before I sleep:

the only reason I think it'd be drugs is because of:

Anybody got any of that good stuff?
since I can interpret this as drug-related (in fact when I first read it I read it as a drug-related sentence but then was like oh he probably just means 'good stuff' as in 'reads/information')

but without this post in particular to me he gives me the impression he's some kind of robot or something, saying 'designate' instead of vote, and kind of enforcing the 'everyone be happy' rule, as if he works for the institute or something

Boooo

Reaction score
my random thoughts on tim before I sleep:

the only reason I think it'd be drugs is because of:

since I can interpret this as drug-related (in fact when I first read it I read it as a drug-related sentence but then was like oh he probably just means 'good stuff' as in 'reads/information')

but without this post in particular to me he gives me the impression he's some kind of robot or something, saying 'designate' instead of vote, and kind of enforcing the 'everyone be happy' rule, as if he works for the institute or something
goodnighttt

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
i don't think I'm being paranoid, I think that I'm just trying to scum hunt and win like everyone else, so when i see something i think is weird, I'm gonna bring it up
relax, 'twas merely a jest

oh yeah i'd already forgotten about that

did he ever explain why he "designated" people instead of voting them? maybe it's a day action that needs to be announced in thread?

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
Quick thought on the RID, last game with a RID people had weirder names, like i was 'almost a nice lady'. 1. Maf didnt get to use the RID a single time that game. 2. Looking at my occupation (im assuming if there was RID itd go of that) these are a bit more normal, leading me to believe they arent significant.

There could be a VID, but idk.

Boooo

Reaction score
Quick thought on the RID, last game with a RID people had weirder names, like i was 'almost a nice lady'. 1. Maf didnt get to use the RID a single time that game. 2. Looking at my occupation (im assuming if there was RID itd go of that) these are a bit more normal, leading me to believe they arent significant.

There could be a VID, but idk.
What?

D

Deleted member 4601

This game already a hot mess. Just a heads up in a few hours ill be spending near to the next 24 hours in the air again. There might be inflight wifi so who knows.
Have a safe flight!

Looking at my own vice, I find it hard to imagine there being a VID (not that we shouldn't be any less careful) though I'm not sure how to explain it

Status
Not open for further replies.