The Happy Vice Institute - Game Complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
"Oh a threat to town just got eliminated! Let's just....there we go and done! Like nothing ever happened!"
It just feels like it'd be really unfair to town.
Wouldn't it be more unfair for a cult leader to die d0/n1 without having recruited a single person. That would mean the game would be practically over in 1 night.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
tbh i want tim to fullclaim at this point, he has already given out plenty of information about his role so anyone who would want to know anything specific has probably already figured out whatever it is they want to know for whatever reason, so not claiming fully only serves to confuse the rest of us, which is fairly detrimental to the general discussion, and thus detrimental to the town

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
tbh i want tim to fullclaim at this point, he has already given out plenty of information about his role so anyone who would want to know anything specific has probably already figured out whatever it is they want to know for whatever reason, so not claiming fully only serves to confuse the rest of us, which is fairly detrimental to the general discussion, and thus detrimental to the town
how are you so sure that whatever he's still hiding wouldn't be detrimental to town to share

I'm mostly just confused as to why the softclaim in the first place

hipmeow

Reaction score
if he wont fullclaim i want to at least know his vice

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
but you designated someone during the day, so im guessing that was the aggressive softclaim but why are you soft claiming anyway
I usually try to leave things that I can point back to when I claim. It makes me feel safer overall.
Wouldn't it be more unfair for a cult leader to die d0/n1 without having recruited a single person. That would mean the game would be practically over in 1 night.
How would the game be over? Like there wouldn't be a mafia? It's a moot point in this game though, as it's not the case. If there is a cult, I'm not part of it.
"Plenty of information" consists of:
A "drug"
I designate someone in case my vice triggers.
I don't directly control my vice.
What exactly would someone be able to figure out based on that information?

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
how are you so sure that whatever he's still hiding wouldn't be detrimental to town to share
i'm not, i don't know if it is detrimental or not

what i do think is that if he keeps the rest of his role as secret or vague as he has so far, he will lead us around in circles, without those of us who don't know exactly what to look for in his softclaims actually coming out having a single clue as to what he actually does

i think that is highly detrimental to overall discussion and thus detrimental to the town

so i can kill him during the night
what

"Plenty of information" consists of:
A "drug"
I designate someone in case my vice triggers.
I don't directly control my vice.
What exactly would someone be able to figure out based on that information?
i don't know, because i'm obviously not whoever you were trying to softclaim to

i do think that anyone who is somehow related to whatever vice you have will have all the information they could want to draw whatever conclusions necessary, if someone like that exists, and considering how you were leaving a nice little trail of breadcrumbs for someone to find, i'd bet there is someone like that and you know there is

i mean vices are negative right, so if your vice triggers you have to designate someone and to me that sounds like ur going to do something negative to the person you designate
i still don't understand why you're adamant that vices must be negative to the people that have them

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
what i do think is that if he keeps the rest of his role as secret or vague as he has so far, he will lead us around in circles, without those of us who don't know exactly what to look for in his softclaims actually coming out having a single clue as to what he actually does

i think that is highly detrimental to overall discussion and thus detrimental to the town
My proposed solution: We stop talking about it if you think it's so detrimental.
i don't know, because i'm obviously not whoever you were trying to softclaim to

i do think that anyone who is somehow related to whatever vice you have will have all the information they could want to draw whatever conclusions necessary, if someone like that exists, and considering how you were leaving a nice little trail of breadcrumbs for someone to find, i'd bet there is someone like that and you know there is
Alternatively! Like I said before, it makes me feel safer when I claim in a few days that I can point back to things and be more believed.
So what's your occupation
That's exactly what an Occupation ID killer would say.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Alternatively! Like I said before, it makes me feel safer when I claim in a few days that I can point back to things and be more believed.
that's not something i see anyone coming from a town perspective being concerned about

i'd understand softclaiming cop to try and let the doc know who to protect or something similar, but the reasoning you gave feels more like something scum would worry about

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
im not thats why i said hes doing something negative to the person he designated, and id really like to know any kind of vice which would be beneficial to someone bar maybe mafia i guess
perhaps a vice that enables someone to use their action

for example, a vice that makes you like coffee a bit too much
so when you have coffee, you immediately drink it and get the energy to perform your action, which you otherwise wouldn't be able to do, because you're too tired without your coffee

this is a hypothetical situation, of course, but you really need to stop thinking about vices as something strictly negative, because we have no indication at the moment whether they all are detrimental or not

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
that's not something i see anyone coming from a town perspective being concerned about

i'd understand softclaiming cop to try and let the doc know who to protect or something similar, but the reasoning you gave feels more like something scum would worry about
I definitely agree with your perspective and why you would feel that way. I have nothing to defend myself from that without it sounding like a cop-out, it's just the truth. I'm not worried about it from a game perspective, but a personal one.

Status
Not open for further replies.