[Concluded] The Party at the Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
nothing happened to me last night which is BORING and thats not an invitation for mafia to come kill me tonight; stay back you ruffians.
what just happened

also lets be honest if there is a 3p killer person they are going to have some fancy things they need to do or whatever to kill people because vanilla serial killers are outdated in this day and age if you ask me
sounds like you're informed

Jacethegray

Reaction score
Looks at the massacre with inquiry.
Oh my what an interesting and creative way to use the machine, quite dasterly but you have to give the man credit for being able to fit all of @weakman### in that small space.

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Why do you want to know the answer to those questions
I'd like to learn more about the machine and how it operates since its a significant part of this setup.

Considering how wacky this game was promised to be, only one nightkill is odd. There's an established third-party element, should have been probably ~2 deaths. Shenanigans were going down last night.

And it's D1, why should role details be revealed this early?
What makes you assume that a serial killer exists?
As mebtioned above, I'm not fishing for role info so much as im fishing for info about the machine. At this point I think it would be best if the Maintenance Guy not reveal, especially if they're a doctor-equivalent as Mis has theorized.

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Well you see I mainly saw an opportunity to artificially reduce the amount of suspects by 50% though it might help us paint a better picture of what happened!
Is this a response to something?

Im not so sure somebody who fixes the machine is neccesarily town sided.
The mafia relies on the machine to do their evil bidding, so fixing it benefits them as well.
My guess would be the maintinence guy is a third party, like the saboteur.
Going even further, since
Third parties are removed from the game when their win condition is met
which the dead guy fits into nicely, I would speculate that the maintinence guy has a role similar to that of the saboteur.

PokeSvorlds

Reaction score
so you know the killer was a man do you

interesting
Is the maintenance guy like a doctor or something?
weird assumption
if you look at sabootor role i think it's honestly kinda obvious theyre probably not doc.
sabatare visit the machine after maintenance dude is dead and sabatuges it which presumes that maintenance guy somehow maintenances as a maintenance guy would. you dont maintenance people anyways
probably town though

At this point I think it would be best if the Maintenance Guy not reveal, especially if they're a doctor-equivalent as Mis has theorized.
weird acknowledgement of a weird assumption

much better follow-up

vote boo

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I think it was in response to me pointing out they said the killer was a man

Going even further, since

which the dead guy fits into nicely, I would speculate that the maintinence guy has a role similar to that of the saboteur.
what do you mean about that quote making you speculate the maintenance guy has a similar role to them

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
you dont maintenance people anyways
Speak for yourself, I get maitenanced all the time. :p

weird acknowledgement of a weird assumption
To clarify on the logic that led me to this assumption, based off of what we know so far my best guess is that the machine performs certain actions via proxy (e.g. someone tells the machine to do something, machine does that thing for them). Since having the machine only do the nightkill would make life easy for any tracker/watcher roles that exist, I'm assuming that there must be some reason for 3p and even some town roles to visit the machine as well.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Votecount #1

Booooo - 2 (Mischief, PokeSvorlds) [L-6]

With 15 Players alive it will take 8 votes to lynch and 8 to no-lynch.

No deadline has yet been set for Day 1.
If no majority has been reached by the deadline, the player will the most votes will be lynched, with ties being decided randomly.

Status
Not open for further replies.