[Concluded] The Party at the Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacethegray

Reaction score
Yeah D0 is weak, no argument there. But it can still give a hint or two, it doesn't have to be dismissed. My main point remains that you've been following Mis and being very pleasant with them thus far to a noticeable degree and it could be buddying. I don't see you/Mis as w/w, that's too convenient. Gun-to-head, w/t and you're the w.

Asked about Moog because our stances on claiming were near-identical but Stranger gave me an sr and Moog a tr. Wanted to see if he'd contradict himself there and he did. Not enough that I'm willing to jump on, but enough to get me suspicious.
Assuming Sr = sus read?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
meanwhile my first town read is mars, this bit makes me feel he's town

Could be genuine. But assuming hip is scum here, there's a built-in fallback; the role doesn't say it necessarily must visit the machine. If hip needs to change course one way or the other for their claim, the roadmap is there--just claim that it actually does or it actually doesn't. He doesn't say anything definitive here. Feels like I have to reach to make this happen though.
not 100% sure why but I mulled it over and I think it's since he's like admitting he's kinda reaching for reads which seems like something a townie would be more likely to admit than scum since scum are trying to convince everybody that their reads are real/organic, and the way he says it seems too subtle to be him trying to make people think this ^ about him

and also his posts just feel like genuinely trying to figure out people's alignments rather than having an agenda to them - I originally was ignoring that as a reason to town read him since he gives me the impression that he'd be putting a lot of effort into trying to seem that way as scum too so I figured it was best to be on guard for him successfully doing that rather than town read him off it, but now that I read that ^ I'm happier to accept that the feelings of genuineness are prob coming from real genuineness if that makes sense

I think that he is at the very least gathering info. I think that his read post was to get reactions and be as blunt as he can to both keep record and see how others respond. Not knowing if that means he is trying to figure out who to kill or who might be killed. But info gathering is definitely what I would lable him as. I generally associate that with a town or low power mafia / 3p. Though I know not what roles we have obviously.

I also think it's interesting in that it helps me scum read without having to try too hard. I commend it and helps that some followed suit so I have a bit of comparison without pAiNtInG a target on my back.

Seems CrEaTiVe enough to me. But doesn't put him in the green by no means.
are you softclaiming artist

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
- I originally was ignoring that as a reason to town read him since he gives me the impression that he'd be putting a lot of effort into trying to seem that way as scum too
as in I get the impression he could be this way as scum since he'd be putting in a lot of effort since he seems like he's taking the game so seriously + has experience to be able to make it work

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
What is an artist? Is that a common role in this server? Are there others that are pretty common I should be weary of?
no it's a role that was used before but it's not common and I was just joking since you DiD tHis to 'creative' and 'painting' and said 'green' and have been acting like some inspired creative person who loves the machine and sees it as art or something

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
reads/thoughts:

stranger - slight scum (reasons I already said)
notty - neutral
mis - neutral
moog - neutral
hip - neutral/depends on whether notty turns out to be baiting or not
jace - kinda get a third party feeling all of a sudden but I think it's prob cuz artist in the past was third party so I'm assosiating him with that
mars - slight town
hk - neutral
ltin - neutral
booooo - neutral, I do think they feel very different from how they did last game but at the same time it's not dificult to imagine they made that change since they got lynched before so knew they had to change things up and learnt from it, or they're just different since it's a different context
mulb - neutral
poke - neutral, maybe slight town if I force out a read just because they do have that sharpness thing but they didn't last game as town so idk why I want to town read them for that which is why I keep ignoring it
ender - neutral, where is he
comp - neutral

so many neutrals why don't I have any reads this game

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
why are you townreading him for making sense and what did he say that actually made sense to you
More specifically, I get the sense that he's actually thinking about different possibilities of what the maintenance guy's alignment could be and how it would impact the setup, rather than him just throwing out bs to sound "townie".

I don't know if it's normal for two third party characters to be so opposed to each other rather than having separate wincons. But I don't know how deep the rabbit hole for this game goes yet.

re: hip, I don't know if I'm sold on the lying angle, and I'd bet this is a typical Notty bait. Hip's responses do seem off though.

Could be genuine. But assuming hip is scum here, there's a built-in fallback; the role doesn't say it necessarily must visit the machine. If hip needs to change course one way or the other for their claim, the roadmap is there--just claim that it actually does or it actually doesn't. He doesn't say anything definitive here. Feels like I have to reach to make this happen though.

Yeah no, very rarely does that "If I'm wrong lynch me tomorrow!" thing ever work. It's a classic WIFOM case and most of the time town isn't willing to bite the bullet out of fear that a town made a genuine error, making one mislynch turn into two.

The last part seems to concede that Notty's report/role is true but their report is false? @Hip does this mean you think Notty did receive a report?

I find it hard to believe a closed set-up has more role interference options since that just makes things unnecessarily difficult for solving. Open set-up, sure, because the roles and their abilities are known.
I get a very similar feeling from this post as I have from HK. After this and our conversation earlier I'm actually starting to townread Sir Mars Bar a bit. I'm sorry for scum reading you Sir Mars Bar and I'll gladly give you a hug if you want one.

Also regarding hip, I don't trust Notty as far as I can throw her, especially given the "If im wrong, just lynch me tomorrow! :p" argument, so I won't be voting hip just yet.

Unvote

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
More specifically, I get the sense that he's actually thinking about different possibilities of what the maintenance guy's alignment could be and how it would impact the setup, rather than him just throwing out bs to sound "townie".
smells like a fake read to me and I'm getting flashbacks from a few games ago when you said hk was town since he made sense or something and I asked you how since all he said was x and you were like 'oh yeah I just didn't read properly I read it that way for some reason' and then turned out you were scumbuddies

like idk I just can't imagine how you could get that impression from what hk said since I think it could easily be something someone throws out there to seem like they're thinking about things

Also regarding hip, I don't trust Notty as far as I can throw her, especially given the "If im wrong, just lynch me tomorrow! :p" argument, so I won't be voting hip just yet.
but notty never said that

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Ok, so she didnt say it outright, but as hip and Sir Mars Bar mentioned that argument is very much implied given that she's pushing us to lynch hip on little other than the report she supposedly received.
notty pushing on hip doesn't imply that notty says we should lynch them if they're wrong though

and if you're saying that notty isn't implying it but others are I don't get what that has to do with why you don't trust notty

Also my reads always feel fake to you Inffy.
no they don't, I didn't think they sounded fake last game or in flowers when I thought you were town, the only time I remember thinking they were fake was in your first game here when you were scum and in economy when you were town

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
notty pushing on hip doesn't imply that notty says we should lynch them if they're wrong though

and if you're saying that notty isn't implying it but others are I don't get what that has to do with why you don't trust notty
Basically im sure it's a line of thought that Notty has anticipated and is possibly using as bait for a larger plan, much like how she tricked you into outing your role name in flowers. I don't think Notty would be outright telling us she has some sort of tracker/watcher role unless she either benefits from hip's death or she thinks she'll be able to hide behind that role to avoid getting lynched somehow.
Sure, it's plausible that she's telling the truth and hip did visit the machine, but if that's true, I have to ask why hip is denying visiting the machine as opposed to coming up with a fakeclaim.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Basically im sure it's a line of thought that Notty has anticipated and is possibly using as bait for a larger plan, much like how she tricked you into outing your role name in flowers. I don't think Notty would be outright telling us she has some sort of tracker/watcher role unless she either benefits from hip's death or she thinks she'll be able to hide behind that role to avoid getting lynched somehow.
hm ok I think I get what you mean now, I thought by saying "I don't trust Notty as far as I can throw her, especially given the "If im wrong, just lynch me tomorrow! :p" argument" you meant your suspicion of notty being scum increased because of that 'if im wrong lynch me tomorrow' thing but it seems you're more saying it made you feel less trusting of following their hip lynch since they'd surely have a plan to overcome being lynched

PokeSvorlds

Reaction score
but he didn't do that as town last game
If I had lived another night think I would have had your “sharpness”. Since ender was sure scum and I had strong opinions on stranger’s reads, but I didn’t have any real scumreads on the active people before that

when did they weaponize it
Not like strongly, but the phrasing is meant to criticize mis. They’re not bringing it up for no reason

LOL that is hilarious.
Infected_alien8_ how did you rate this with thinking I want that reaction but don’t have it

Feel so in the dark with all these game ception reads o; /hatePregameVibes but they are too real xc
No one’s had pregame vibes though? And I don’t think there have been many reads based on previous games either

unless she either benefits from hip's death
Probably more likely she’s a role similar to weak and got lucky than she’s maf and will try to get away tomorrow cause I don’t see that happening even though people say it has
or town, ofc

Status
Not open for further replies.