[Concluded] The Party at the Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Being town but looking completely unlike town is the Notty special. It's way trying to read them is a constant frustration lol. I think it's safe to assume, regardless of AI, this was a bait to get something out of hip, and I don't know what to think.
1) Tried to explain in #316 Hip's reactions were off. They end up looking panicked after a handful of votes despite not being close to a lynch verdict.
2) A lot of people are following Notty on a claim that some (i.e Moog) is most likely a lie.
3) Nobody knows whether or not visiting the machine is inherently town/maf/3p.

Assuming machine = maf-specific, it wouldn't make sense for there to be a role dedicated to protecting it and a role dedicated to killing the protector. Machine being town-specific would make it too easy to clear anyone visiting. More likely the machine is an outside element that any alignment can interact with depending on their role. /speculation

Which begs the question, if hip is assumed lying, what is there to lie about if visiting the machine is not known as an inherently bad thing?

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Votecount #4

Boooo - 2 (PokeSvorlds, Jacethegray) [L-6]
PokeSvorlds - 2 (MarsKid, hipmeow) [L-6]
Stranger from Planet 9 - 1 (Infected Alien 8_) [L-7]
Jacethegray - 1 (Boooo) [L-7]
hipmeow - 4 (Nottykitten, Mooglie, Mischief, Infected Alien8_) [L-4]

With 15 Players alive it will take 8 votes to lynch and 8 to no-lynch.

No deadline has yet been set for Day 1.
If no majority has been reached by the deadline, the player will the most votes will be lynched, with ties being decided randomly.

Also, @Timdood3 respectfully requesting a votecount at your convenience.
Yeah, I'm trying to post daily-ish votecounts. I only have a brief window in which to post them, as I'm quite busy with work the rest of the time.

I haven't seen much of Ltin Enderfive HKCaper and Mulbery today. Consider this an activity prod. (You aren't in imminent danger of a modkill, though.)

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Sure, it's plausible that she's telling the truth and hip did visit the machine, but if that's true, I have to ask why hip is denying visiting the machine as opposed to coming up with a fakeclaim.
I want to question Notty's motives for outing a result at all though, assuming she is telling the truth. Lying isn't an exclusively scum practice, and adopting a lynch all liars position would be rather hypocritical of notty.

PokeSvorlds

Reaction score
Being town but looking completely unlike town is the Notty special.
yeah but what I was saying is more that I literally can’t recall one thing they said. If they said some things that looked towny but some that looked off that would be normal. But so far I don’t really think they’ve done either, except maybe like one thing that looked bad?

@Poke do you plan on holding your vote on Boo?
Probably not, but sorta. I don’t see anyone else I personally want to vote more still, but i’ll probably end up voting hip. Plausible they’re scum together anyways

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
That's not what Ltin said whatsoever. This is a reach.

Unvote

vote Notty
He said lying isnt exclusively a scum practise so clearly he thinks town may have reasons to lie as well. I completely agree I was just checking if he meant always or had some specific scenarios in mind.

Also kinda funny you use the word reach when voting me when earlier you (or was it Inf?) said reaching is a town practise.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Definitely didn't say that quote. Town might have to reach especially on D1, doesn't mean there aren't other ways. There's also a difference between 'this is a reach but here's my reasoning' and misinterpreting something to build-up suspicion.

Maybe it was an honest question but your wording was aggressive imo. Doesn't help that I have zero trust for your claim and this kind of behavior is anti-town; your move doesn't feel genuine, it feels like hip is being targeted. Whole thing reeks of WIFOM which town has no need for.

Like I still think hip is suspicious, but your push is almost as bad and I'm weary of both of you.

Boooo

Reaction score
i lost all of my quotes from back reading, not even about to try and add them all again.

There's literally no reason for hip to lie about visiting the machine as several people already have admitted to being able to visit the machine and no one sus' them for it, furthermore we cannot seriously assume that everyone who visits the machine is evil therefore theres no reason for hip to lie about it. And as for Notty, if they were trying to bait hip into a reaction or something i think they would have already established that by now, instead they're just kicking back as people pile votes on hip. Not to mention Notty, like last game, gives the least helpful, memey answers to serious questions as humanly possible and i dont think townies would purposely be useless. Saying that, Unvote Jace, Vote Notty

PokeSvorlds What exactly is your reasoning for wanting to vote me so much? Because it seems rather nonexistent to me.

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
im having some difficulties keeping up with the game, we'll see if it improves

as far as i can tell this things between notty and hip is a hot topic. hip could be lying, notty could be lying, then agian the situation seems wifom-y. lets entertain the assumption hip is telling the truth, why would notty claim she saw (so im guessing notty claimed a tracker-esque role) hip visiting the machine. either she must really want hip dead, at the risk of dying herself IF hip happens to flip town, or there are other things at play.

more interesting, lets assume notty is telling the truth, regardless of hip lying or not then, why would she feel the need to claim a strong town pr right away. i guess hip lying in that scenario would indicate he felt the need to hide it, but still. its all a bit puzzling.

Boooo

Reaction score
I don't really think townies should lie generally, but the fact is that they do.
They shouldn't? i dont see a reason for it
hey notty whats ur opinion on poke. dont think ive not realized you didnt answer this the first time
imagine expecting notty to actually answer a question
im having some difficulties keeping up with the game, we'll see if it improves

as far as i can tell this things between notty and hip is a hot topic. hip could be lying, notty could be lying, then agian the situation seems wifom-y. lets entertain the assumption hip is telling the truth, why would notty claim she saw (so im guessing notty claimed a tracker-esque role) hip visiting the machine. either she must really want hip dead, at the risk of dying herself IF hip happens to flip town, or there are other things at play.

more interesting, lets assume notty is telling the truth, regardless of hip lying or not then, why would she feel the need to claim a strong town pr right away. i guess hip lying in that scenario would indicate he felt the need to hide it, but still. its all a bit puzzling.
where did notty claim pr? i missed it

super great points though

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
This
So you think townies should just lie left and right then?
Is an extreme response to Ltin's statement that
Lying isn't an exclusively scum practice
Really it only supports the theory that Notty is trying to push town into a mislynch with flimsy arguments.

That and the fact that she still hasn't addressed the fact that hip is denying visiting the machine instead of coming up with a fakeclaim makes me pretty confident that Notty is scum.

Vote Notty

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Town fakeclaims/softclaims to bait maf and/or protect prs. Sometimes town lies to put pressure on a scum to get a cc or see how they react. It's not recommended all the time because it leads to the WIFOM bullcrap that has to be sorted through now.

Wish there was an ISO option here, don't think there is AFAIK. Because I don't recall seeing much from Comp outside of role speculation; can you offer your current thoughts on this situation?

Boooo

Reaction score
1) Tried to explain in #316 Hip's reactions were off. They end up looking panicked after a handful of votes despite not being close to a lynch verdict.

Machine being town-specific would make it too easy to clear anyone visiting. More likely the machine is an outside element that any alignment can interact with depending on their role. /speculation

Which begs the question, if hip is assumed lying, what is there to lie about if visiting the machine is not known as an inherently bad thing?
1) where did it seem like they panicked to you?

i agree 100% with that 2nd point- which is a large reason of why i think hip wouldn't lie in the first place

i actually cant think of a reason why they would lie

Status
Not open for further replies.