[Concluded] The Party at the Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boooo

Reaction score
had a busy couple of days, gonna catch up and mark down my thoughts as i go

yeah it's pretty clear from this that there is a maintenance guy somewhere
in addition, i'd wager they're town, assuming the machine is good for the town (sidenote: i understand that some of you have already played this setup or at least know something more about it than what was posted in the signups thread? if that is the case, maybe share that info with the rest of us because i don't have time to search through another game thread and therefore don't have as much info as you do, so in order to keep us all on the same page, whatever info you have about the setup, pls share)

i have no idea what effect other people might have on the machine so idk. looking at the signups thread, it looks like any role could have a different effect on the machine when visiting it.
i don't know that i'll be affected if i choose to visit the machine

nope

i don't think one nightkill is odd, considering the (relatively) ʟᴏᴡ playercount. third-party doesn't necessarily mean that there is a third-party faction that needs to be the last one standing, so thinking that third-party = another kill role seems odd. also, if there are other kill roles, the could be conditional, to account for the lower number of players.
from the fact that you seem fairly certain that a kill action was tampered with during the night, perhaps you have some insight into this matter that the rest of us don't?

considering revealing role details, i think stranger asked some fairly innocuous questions that don't exactly give away much about your role, but they can get discussion going, which is something we desperately need after a non-existent day 0 and a slow night 1

where did that come from

good point about the maf
can't really see the guy as a third party role, mostly because i can't for the life of me think of a viable win condition that makes sense, so i still think it's most likely that he's town, just that his action can be good or bad for the town, depending on the circumstances

is this a meme or something
i missed the part where boo did anything to merit a vote

good observations, town vibes on mars

this looks ᴏᴘᴘᴏʀᴛᴜɴɪꜱᴛɪᴄ

yeah mild scumread on hip as i get the feeling he's just following mars without any particular thoughts of his own

except how did you know mis had the same reasoning
or are you saying you independently developed the same reasons for voting booo and neither of you decided to share them?

if this is about the maintenance guy, i'm sure that tim and alisha wouldn't cut a role that is inherently tied to another one, or they'd cut both of them

ugh i can【never】read mulb because he's exactly as scummy as a townie as he is when he's actually scum

big agree

the reasoning to think that maintenance guy is 3rd party doesn't make sense to me, he could get killed regardless of alignment and harmfulness to either town or maf isn't a good indication of any particular role's alignment. besides, we don't actually have any indication that the maintenance guy has an action that is or isn't more harmful to one side than the other, so that's a moot point imo

i can't decide if this is stranger simply hitching his wagon to mis because it's easy or actual townie motivations

what

ʇɐɥʍ

considering she's been rating posts ä̸͇͙̥̠͊͋̈́͂̾͛l̵̠̙̼̙̻̺̋̊̽̌̈́̄̅̉͒̚l̶̪̖͖̜̱̰̬̤̀̒͒͝ͅ ̸̟̆͘ő̵̗̹̩̺̹̲̭͗̄̎͂̕͜͝ͅv̵̜͉̻̔̋͆̒͌̚͝e̴̡̞̐͌ṛ̵̢̣̞͖̗̙̮̬̰̒̄͛͛̽͋̆̅, this is actually a solid theory
could also mean that any of the boo voters might've known that and considered her an easy target, since she literally can't defend herself if it's true, which would point to a maf presence in the wagon, since a muter would very likely be maf

agree

ok nevermind about booo possibly being muted then

why do you think everyone has an action that can visit the machine? the signups thread says only that "a number of roles can interact with the machine in a number of ways"
this doesn't look like "all the roles can interact with the machine" to me

i'm not saying that this is scummy because mis hasn't actually claimed anything yet, but this sort of "whoops misunderstood my role" typically happens when someone messes up a fakeclaim and has to think of a quick fix to it

(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ just a note ♥

s̾p̾i̾c̾y̾

that is really an unnecessarily p͓̽r͓̽i͓̽c͓̽k͓̽l͓̽y͓̽ response

this feels like an attempt to both fish out notty's role and an attempt to delay having to come up with any counterargument to notty's claim
in other words, scummy

lmao relax man i saw your ????????? ??? ????????? already

remind me again what has the artist role usually been in escres games because i see the name popping up almost every game and i've never known what it actually is
or i've long forgotten

dead

hi

hi

except notty typically has a reason to lie as town (at least in her own head), and as i understand it, there really is no reason for town hip to claim that he can't visit the machine if he can

that is taking the quote way out of context and generalising the statement to the point of strawmanning
same thing that ltin just did to you, actually

okay but what is notty's motivation to do this as scum

or maybe hip is denying visiting the machine because he sees a chance to get rid of a town tracker before anyone realises that the only actually confirmed faction to have a night action that visits the machine are the maf

yeah you can't really apply any sort of basic balancing logic to most of the games here tbh, especially if they're closed setups

thonk
dude twg isn't even in this game

so basically this is my first thoughts reading through
might try and make a more coherent post some time later, but for now, readslist for future reference:

ender - wanted dead or alive, bounty 500 usd
moog - slight town vibes, nothing concrete
ltin - idk, minimal town vibes i guess
hk - slight scum vibes
stranger - conflicted
notty - notty
hip - scum vibes
inf - cautious town vibes
mulb - see above for my thoughts on mulb and how i never read them as town
booo - idk
mis - idk
mars - town
poke - idk
jace - i guarantee he's 100% town
comp - idk
someones vice is clearly using annoying ass fonts

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
re: Ender, in a Notty = scum world, rarely does this kind of mislynch vs. hip pan out where Notty becomes auto-lynch tomorrow. Too many 'what-ifs' surround the whole thing and someone experienced would be able to weasel out of it.

I'm not sold on a solid sr on Notty but I stand by their behavior being anti-town; town can do anti-town things. So I'm putting pressure to see what comes up.
that's fair
i still think notty's just being notty tho and this whole drama is going to

˜”*°•.˜”*°• fizzle out •°*”˜.•°*”˜ and end in a
big
giant
nothing

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'm not saying it's bad though, it's mediocre at best sure. I meant all of his posts feel useless to me. Also it's not about his list its about your reaction to it saying any read lists this early are a like a waste.

You're advocating for a lynch for me right now considering you're voting me, clearly seeing an opportunity to have my lynched and when I flip lynch Hip. Also what do you mean forcing a WIFOM into the game?
Voting =/= looking for a lynch. It's pressure. And you getting so defensive is interesting. Tunnel time.

You're taking my words out of context; I didn't say reads posts were useless, I said that they can be unreliable this early in the game.
1) It's unrealistic to have any kind of hard read this early barring a serious slip.
2) You can throw up a reads list to look like solving/participation; in the case of Stranger it was a handful of light leans or null reads, which don't help town much and are easy to backtrack on if they backfire.

Outing a report this early w/o taking a hardclaim made a scenario where hip could be getting pressed into a lynch b/c you want to play into a wincon, or hip is guilty and your report is genuine, or both of you are lying, or both of you are town and this is all a bait for reactions, the list goes on. Too many possibilities which makes it difficult to get anything out of you or hip.

You then back up on hip because this was either a bait as I thought at first, or you realized the machine doesn't inherently implicate maf and a faked report wouldn't be able to hold water.

Boooo

Reaction score
to get something to actually happen in what was a completely empty game before

I've lied as town before just to make people have something to respond to and get people talking and try to get reads and I thought that was what notty was doing
why haven't they admitted to lying then?
that's fair

big
giant
nothing
last time I accepted that 'notty was just being notty' they were 3p- so ?

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Voting =/= looking for a lynch. It's pressure.
Nice excuse

You're taking my words out of context; I didn't say reads posts were useless, I said that they can be unreliable this early in the game
If that were true then what is this?OwO
Pretty early to be having any reads, which probably explains why all of these stances are so weak. Begs the question though, why make this post when it really doesn't offer too much?
I mean you clearly didn't think they were useful enough to be posted.

Outing a report this early w/o taking a hardclaim made a scenario where hip could be getting pressed into a lynch b/c you want to play into a wincon, or hip is guilty and your report is genuine, or both of you are lying, or both of you are town and this is all a bait for reactions, the list goes on. Too many possibilities which makes it difficult to get anything out of you or hip.
Imagine that a game where many possibilities are possible. This happens literally all scenarios where someone accuses someone else, do you blame a cop claim for 'WIFOMs' too when they claim a guilty report? You have to realize this argument is the equivalent of what you thought Stranger's post was; useless.

You then back up on hip because this was either a bait as I thought at first, or you realized the machine doesn't inherently implicate maf and a faked report wouldn't be able to hold water.
I back up Hip because I have eyes and town-read someone whose acting like town in my opinion. Plus I mean have you even seen their soft claims?

that's fair

big
giant
nothing
It's true

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Voting is a form of pressure, I don't know you can see that as an excuse considering your experience, and the fact you disregard that entirely is telling. My vote on Poke was gut/pressure but that didn't seem to bother you.

And yeah, they tend to be unreliable. Doesn't mean they necessarily are. Looking at votes/connections is more credible early on since that's all there is to go off of. Reads become more crystallized by D2. Stranger's was indeed useless. I'm not going to disagree with that.

There's a difference between a cop claim versus an out-of-nowhere, questionable report w/o a hardclaim that looks more agenda-driven than actually genuine. Once again, don't understand how you disregard that distinction.

Scum can softclaim too. The aggressive language there was pretty tasteless.

Looks to me like you used the report to try to get a reaction out of hip, then switched directions when satisfied. In which case, that vote was also pressure. That's how early game works, forcing defenses and checking reactions. Not every vote is looking for an opportunistic lynch.

Jacethegray

Reaction score
that's fair

big
giant
nothing
To lazy didn't reply to try post. Thank you for doing a full eval on the scope of this game I've been feeling quite lost with the side game talk. Obv new to the server and have no preconceptions of how people act.

Also to lazy to quote more posts because at work.

But i think that the reads list is literally all we have to go off of its easy to back track yes but that in itself is information and I love to gather the goods and sort them!

Boooo

Reaction score
I back up Hip because I have eyes and town-read someone whose acting like town in my opinion. Plus I mean have you even seen their soft claims?
I feel like its moreso 'I claimed hip visited the machine to make them get lynched but that didnt pick up steam and people started susing me so now I trust hip so i'll look more town :))))'

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Voting is a form of pressure, I don't know you can see that as an excuse considering your experience, and the fact you disregard that entirely is telling. My vote on Poke was gut/pressure but that didn't seem to bother you.
Just because its also pressure doesnt mean you're not willing to lynch this person

And yeah, they tend to be unreliable. Doesn't mean they necessarily are. Looking at votes/connections is more credible early on since that's all there is to go off of. Reads become more crystallized by D2. Stranger's was indeed useless. I'm not going to disagree with that.
Excuse me do you seriously think start of D1 we'll find more info in votes, most of which don't even exist yet, than in words people say? Pray tell what magical credible things did you get from the votes/connections at the time of Strangers reads post?

There's a difference between a cop claim versus an out-of-nowhere, questionable report w/o a hardclaim that looks more agenda-driven than actually genuine. Once again, don't understand how you disregard that distinction.
lol 'out of nowhere' as if a cop claiming to have a report on someone doesn't also come out of nowhere unless you expect them to have claimed earlier? And 'questionable' and 'agenda-driven' are your interpretations so to proclaim my situation and a cop claiming aren't remotely close is laughable. The only thing you don't have is a 'hard' claim even though theres like only one role I could even have with this report.

Not every vote is looking for an opportunistic lynch.
Well I sure interpret your vote this way

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
As I said, didn't buy Poke/Mis and there interactions. That's where I was headed and was going to press there to see what would come out of it. I concede that it's not very substantial, fair enough, but it's a lead worth chasing early game when there's no much else. Considering that we can agree on the general low level of info, I don't know why you can't see what Stranger making that post and my take on it are credible.

And cop claims rarely just appear, there's build-up/crumbing/etc. And cop claims in a large set-up do not happen on D1 unless it's a lie to push a lynch/get a reaction. It's a nearly universal rule that cop never outs on D1, it's a suicide play.

Boooo

Reaction score
As I said, didn't buy Poke/Mis and there interactions. That's where I was headed and was going to press there to see what would come out of it. I concede that it's not very substantial, fair enough, but it's a lead worth chasing early game when there's no much else.
i think poke is more sus than mis however. Poke voted me immediately after mis voted me in a bandwagon way and then said they had the same reasoning when they also said neither of them had reasoning at the time? Not to mention poke seems to want to lynch anyway picking up steam, hence the vote on me after mis' vote and now the willingness to vote Hip- who coincidentally has the most steam atm ?

Jacethegray

Reaction score
As I said, didn't buy Poke/Mis and there interactions. That's where I was headed and was going to press there to see what would come out of it. I concede that it's not very substantial, fair enough, but it's a lead worth chasing early game when there's no much else. Considering that we can agree on the general low level of info, I don't know why you can't see what Stranger making that post and my take on it are credible.

And cop claims rarely just appear, there's build-up/crumbing/etc. And cop claims in a large set-up do not happen on D1 unless it's a lie to push a lynch/get a reaction. It's a nearly universal rule that cop never outs on D1, it's a suicide play.
I agree cop claims are bad ideas unless you know we have a doc or something (pure mafia roles I know nothing fancy)

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
A cop claim either shows up at the end of a day 0 lynch or in the massclaim on D2/D3.

I agree cop claims are bad ideas unless you know we have a doc or something (pure mafia roles I know nothing fancy)
Disagree I think any 2+ reports are worth dying for even if it's two inno reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.