[GAME OVER] Formula Mafia

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
This push essentially pins a mislynch on either choice, since the wagons remain close enough where voting can swing rapidly. Spreading out between the two options keeps scum safe; my flip can get passed b/c I acted 'weird' or overreacted, which turns D0 into an immediate D1 disadvantage--the votes get defended by scum and town who joined. Moog dying can be made my fault if I self-prez, which secures a mislynch the next day.

Hip and Boo are still sitting on a Moog vote, and as I have asked before, I want clarification regarding whether this vote remains legit or not.

Skel jumped on my wagon for basically an OMGUS to ride the current momentum. Notty decided to come on board without any reasoning of their own either, but tbh Notty not making a random claim/power move is more town than scum to me.

If a vote is being called for, it should be based on wagonomics here. Skel/Inf/Hip are NAGL here, and I still FoS HK, moreso in context of pulling out the panic argument.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
If I was in panic mode, I would have self-prez voted on Moog or pushed an NL out of the gate. I'm not going to deny I'm frustrated since my lynch is being regarded as a certainty when there's no reason for it to be. There are certain charges (i.e. being argumentative) that don't bear fruit considering I have to argue for myself. I'm not going to roll over and accept a sketchy wagon.
you know that the panic mode was brought up as a way to defend you, right

your insistence on arguing about it even though staying silent on this would have been much more favorable for your survival is convincing me you're inno

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I did ask questions and point things out earlier, but I have since been busy arguing for myself; you either didn't see this or chose to ignore it. I haven't been able to move discussion because this is where I've been put.
Can you quote or give me post numbers?

That's exactly the opposite of what I said; I said I don't want to self-prez on Moog, and being pushed to this lynch here makes that appear as the only option. Scum want either of us dead, and depending on how voting proceeds, both are forced to accept a mislynch either way.
Ok but even if you think a no lynch isn't viable why not push onto someone else who you think has a good chance of being scum? Just because Mooglie has the most votes of anyone besides you right now doesnt mean it will stay that way. You legit just said votes can swing very quickly.

hey who are you calling easy
Mars did, I'm just the messenger :p

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Can you quote or give me post numbers?
212, 213, 218, 228, 233, 234. Rest has been re: wagons and responding to arguments. I've also presented takes on current votes, etc.

Ok but even if you think a no lynch isn't viable why not push onto someone else who you think has a good chance of being scum? Just because Mooglie has the most votes of anyone besides you right now doesnt mean it will stay that way. You legit just said votes can swing very quickly.
I meant that no player lynch was viable. No-lynch is a more credible option. If a vote is desired, it should be pushed into the those currently getting involved in the wagons.

didnt i unvote when alisha said she approved of it
I thought you voted again? Count is off then.

Boooo

Reaction score
Ok but if we're being real there isn't a ton of substantive content off of which to base those opinions early game, doubly so in a closed setup with several wonky 3p roles. So to some degree everybody is going to have to rely somewhat on their feelings to build opinions in the first place. Expecting people to have highly substantial or insightful opinions d0 or even d1 simply isn't realistic.

I think what Mars is saying is that he isn't expecting a lot of reads but to him it seems like skele and HK aren't contributing whatsoever, which is a decent point Stranger from Planet 9
Messed up the quote

you wouldnt make something up since people would be able to see you made it up

instead you'd latch onto something that ordinarily youd let go, and from my memory of you last game youd have let good skeles stuff go

maybe if he did stuff like what he did right now, after serious discussion has happened, then i could see you latching onto it, but when its all just memeing around and nothing serious yet, why focus on good skeles comments as being filler when its so early and nothing else to say, just felt too extreme to me, like you overestimated how much youd need to nitpick to replicate your town behaviour

being so aggressive vs being more passive towards poke in the next game, even though she was pushing on him it was a lot less volatile (if thats the right word)

the level of aggression feels just like when she was mafia

usually iirc in discord you dont really have reads early game at all, which suggests to me you dont find it easy to read people early game, so coming here and being like 'wow people are dificult to read here', which to me implies youre saying its particularly dificult to read people here compared to other places since you said 'here', doesnt feel right to me since surely youd always feel people are impossible to read early game if you never have any early game reads so why would it feel different here

i mean i guess i can see you seeing it as like 'well usually i have some thoughts about people but dont feel confident enough to say them or think of alternative possibilities that neutralised them so i dont say them, but now i just have nothing here' now that i think about it

also boo was maf here a couple games ago and contributed a lot fwiw
Your reasoning for Mars is nitpicky and ridiculous to push on, he only called them out because he didn't think they were contributing it's not like he starting pushing them, more like he was trying to push them to be more helpful which is towny imo.
This reminds me of the push on hip last game I was maf which I hopped on to as a WIFOM situation, therefore I think we should be looking at the Mars votes rather than you for your ridiculous push as I think it's relatively normal for you to trip over small things like this, not to mention you're way more careful as maf (ily inf ❤)

unvote moog

Guys, it's a simple multiple choice question.?
You're weird ❤❤❤
Wouldn't vote you though love

You give off some red aura. Boo is repeating their previous scum game, someone even used the word reach.
How exactly am I reaching? The only opinion I've real brought up was weird vibes on moog and I only voted him for a reaction

boo is much more clueless as town and prone to accidentally outing her role
You're so mean, I am not clueless excuse u
Also I purposely outed myself several times.

Im hesitant to scumread Booo just yet, bc the only time ive played as mafia with Booo (the Happy vice Institute), she was pretty clueless as well. So I'm not convinced her being clueless is a good flag for whether she's mafiia or not.
I rather be called blatant scum than clueless tbh, I feel hurt, how did you even come to this conclusion?

Ps, inffy was more fixatied on your reads lists the other game than Mars was

And basically confessed to it in day chat.
That moment was priceless though.
Damn i really cant get a break from being called a dumbass can I? Lol

This is very concerning...

My vibes on Duffie are mafia or third party. They seem to be not posting enough, and their intentions feel a little too swayed...

Her aura feels lightish red to me, too.
Bruh

Question 2: Do you think there are chaotic third party roles in this closed setup?

✔/❌/❓
I think you're trying to help here duff, ty❤

im down for mars/good skele/no lynch (if im bribed sufficiently)
NL, the fuck? I thought I knew you

Not what I said at all?

And here is why this push is actual bullshit: a core pillar of it is Inf's meta read which is objectively false, yet it's being taken without question. This is how my D0/D1 play has been, and if anything I've gotten more mild over time. I've never been a fan of the memes and that's just how I am as a player. I can't argue against an off-base meta read that's essentially fueled by player bias by the end of the day; I'm in a box where, in theory I now have to call out everyone who meme'd or wasn't being serious, or I have to call out no-one at all--which then means I have no unique thoughts. Notty and Skel joining an easy mislynch should be a red flag and it's being glossed over.

And then there's just instances like this where a post is completely misunderstood. I'm in a position where me arguing a no-lynch realistically won't work because of the way the voting pattern is currently moving, which forces me to self-preserve onto the next closest option, whether that option is actually worthwhile or not. I don't want to vote Moog, and I'd rather lose my slot than them lose theirs, but that's where I'm at.

Lynching on D0 is never a good idea unless there is a clear-as-day scumslip, and that's not the case. D0 is for RVS and grabbing info; 9/10 times D0 lynches blunder into a mislynch and it's an early setback. The only D0 lynch I remember was Doomed Cruise (I think?) where nitasu literally gave away their anti-town role.
Yeah exactly, people seemingly to blindly follow inf is weirder to me than inf's push, ie paragraph above

The thing is, the argument against you isn't just that you don't like memes. The argument against you (at least from my perspective) is you're making fluff posts like "day zero is vapid and pointless" to make it look like you're actually contributing instead of at least throwing out some reads/vibes or asking questions to try and better understand the setup. Legit, if you don't know whether someone's vote was a meme or not, try asking them? At least that's more productive than just making posts writing off day zero for no reason.
Additionally, while I don't have a very good profile on you as a player, I'm seeing you acting very differently from last game - particularly how you appear to have different expectations of others and dont appear to be approaching your arguments from a logical standpoint.

So basically you're admitting that you would push onto another "easy" lynch regardless of whether that lynch serves town's interests or not to save your own ass? And you believe that is something a townie would do?
Well, assuming he is town, he obviously wouldn't want to die as he knows he's town, meanwhile most of everyone else is a 50/50 flip in his opinion, minus moog, who I assume he town reads, so it would make sense to vote for an 'easy lynch' over himself if he thought they were a 50/50 flip

This push essentially pins a mislynch on either choice, since the wagons remain close enough where voting can swing rapidly. Spreading out between the two options keeps scum safe; my flip can get passed b/c I acted 'weird' or overreacted, which turns D0 into an immediate D1 disadvantage--the votes get defended by scum and town who joined. Moog dying can be made my fault if I self-prez, which secures a mislynch the next day.

Hip and Boo are still sitting on a Moog vote, and as I have asked before, I want clarification regarding whether this vote remains legit or not.

Skel jumped on my wagon for basically an OMGUS to ride the current momentum. Notty decided to come on board without any reasoning of their own either, but tbh Notty not making a random claim/power move is more town than scum to me.

If a vote is being called for, it should be based on wagonomics here. Skel/Inf/Hip are NAGL here, and I still FoS HK, moreso in context of pulling out the panic argument.
I voted moog for pressure

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
I meant that no player lynch was viable. No-lynch is a more credible option. If a vote is desired, it should be pushed into the those currently getting involved in the wagons.
no lynches are worse than lynches - we get more info quicker and force people into a choice for analyzing vote patterns