[GAME OVER] Formula Mafia

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
it's a meta read, they're being way more careful/reasonable than usual so i think they're putting extra effort into not being mislynched, which i think is more likely to come from scum than town since they have more reason to worry about getting themselves lynched - although thinking about it stranger's been mislynched quite a few times recently so maybe that's why as town they're being more careful

oog/hip weren't getting any support for a lynch really (other than alisha on oog and boo on hip but that won't be enough to lynch them) and it felt like if i stayed on hip nobody would end up lynching him and i didnt want to let things stagnate since i want a lynch, so i decided to vote stranger to see if more people would be stirred up/willing to vote them with me if i brought that up as a possibility

then when i voted them i felt excited about it, and in the past feeling excited about lynches has always been when that lynch ended up being a scum lynch. that might be a coincidence but a theory i have is that i get excited when i subconsciously feel confident the person is scum because of the amount or significance of stuff ive subconsciously picked up/seen and forgotten, and that the things my subconscious picks up on as scummy are reasonable/accurate/likely to turn out correct, since that'd explain that phenomenon of why excitement is correlated with mafia lynches for me and i think it makes sense (even though i probably sound insane)
In context of last game I'm admittedly hesitant here b/c I misread Stranger, though I get the angle of them playing much more conservative/less loose than before. My issue = the turn towards a pro-Duff stance when it seemed that was their central sus throughout most of their posting upon review. Waiting on clarification for that.

If that's your gut vibe then there's no real argument, I get the thrill of catching scum. Hip's been in my scumpool for a while though and I wouldn't be opposed to consolidating. My POE sticks to HK/Skel/Boo/Hip, roughly the same give or take since about midway through the thread atm. The first two are either reluctant to respond or frozen out of thread, the third has dropped off, and hip's low-effort-ing really oddly.

No word from Okx or Skooma either makes me think there are 2-3 site flakers and that sucks.

Skoomaeater

Reaction score
In context of last game I'm admittedly hesitant here b/c I misread Stranger, though I get the angle of them playing much more conservative/less loose than before. My issue = the turn towards a pro-Duff stance when it seemed that was their central sus throughout most of their posting upon review. Waiting on clarification for that.

If that's your gut vibe then there's no real argument, I get the thrill of catching scum. Hip's been in my scumpool for a while though and I wouldn't be opposed to consolidating. My POE sticks to HK/Skel/Boo/Hip, roughly the same give or take since about midway through the thread atm. The first two are either reluctant to respond or frozen out of thread, the third has dropped off, and hip's low-effort-ing really oddly.

No word from Okx or Skooma either makes me think there are 2-3 site flakers and that sucks.
Hey, I'm here. Honestly, trying to sort through pages of whimsical hunches and reminiscent nods to previous games while grabbing at the few pieces of useful information between the meme lynches and finger pointing is a lot of reading.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I think Inffy needs to speak with a psychologist.
I think it's just an more specific example of "trust your gut"
id rather have okx be modkilled incase his activity magically picks up
The inverse argument is that modkills skew the game's balance. This is the second (or third?) time you've brought it up and I let it slide before, but I think to advocate for "let's just wait for them to get modkilled" is extremely scummy. Nobody likes when modkills have to happen, so why are you pushing for one?
also its so hard to not reference past games damnit tim why

how are we supposed to avoid that when we have meta reads for a reason

i use meta reads as a tool to set my expectations and see whether people meet them or not, and why
Because meta reads shouldn't be relevant! Obviously you can't expect a clean slate every game, but you certainly can't expect someone to act consistently across games.

I do have a question for Infected_alien8_: Do you have any reason other than vibes(tm) for your strong townread on me? Surely to have a strong read there should be something concrete about it, right?

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
The inverse argument is that modkills skew the game's balance. This is the second (or third?) time you've brought it up and I let it slide before, but I think to advocate for "let's just wait for them to get modkilled" is extremely scummy. Nobody likes when modkills have to happen, so why are you pushing for one?
incorrect modkills work in towns favour
lynches should be reserved for actual scum reads
i guess it's different on day 0 but lynching inactives takes away from actually valuable lynches
there's a chance okx is actually town and his activity will magically pick up so best to rather wait for the point where it's too bad that he has to be modkilled or he returns to the game and got a scum result over night because he's cop wow!!
lynching him day 0 and him being modkilled doesn't skew the balance either way since the final result is the same either way anyway (assuming it's a no lynch today like it will be seeing as there's only 10 hours to deadline)

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
ive hated every single modkill
why
why

they literally remove inactive people whats not to like
i understand disliking the situation that people are inactive but thats not disliking the action of a modkill
reality is that people are garbage and sign up to mafia and then dont play ( im looking at you Okx youre garbage ) and modkills fix that!
i refuse to believe anyone values lynching inactives over letting them be modkilled and wasting a lynch that can actually have value (on a day that isnt day 0 i guess)
deciding to lynch inactives (on days that arent day 0 i guess) is inherently scummy since (a) it wastes a shot at lynching mafia (unless the inactive is a mafia) (b) you cant necessarily read voters of an inactive lynch since theres not any argument that they made against the person to evaluate since the only argument is that theyre inactive whereas with an actual lynch you can read voters of it!

make one good argument against this i dare you!
the only good argument is that since okx appears to be the 'only' inactive (i mean good skele & boo have kinda disappeared, i have faith that skooma is here but just not interested because of the meta arguments (ive tried to stop making them since tim said btw!!!!!!!!)) it is best to lynch him now on day 0 so the night deadline doesnt go to its maximum which is always boring to have to wait

hipmeow

Reaction score
i hate modkills because they just arent suppose to be part of the game and just feel unfair. the whole point of mafia is find susp people and lynch them, if you hit a mafia cool you were right, if you were wrong you get information from that lynch. a modkill just feels like either a cheap kill for mafia or town and it will result in free information which just doesnt feel earned. i understand the point of them sure but to me just waiting for a modkill is basically taking advantage of someones inactiveness to get free info or a free kill

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
i hate modkills because they just arent suppose to be part of the game and just feel unfair. the whole point of mafia is find susp people and lynch them, if you hit a mafia cool you were right, if you were wrong you get information from that lynch. a modkill just feels like either a cheap kill for mafia or town and it will result in free information which just doesnt feel earned. i understand the point of them sure but to me just waiting for a modkill is basically taking advantage of someones inactiveness to get free info or a free kill
except inactives bring their own disadvantages (ruining the game) so it balances it out
in your situation if theres like 3 inactives and theyre all town we should lynch all 3 and then the game is at a point where mafia are already at 50% essentially with nightkills?
its garbage!

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
and stop using fullstops its so unnatural
#removepostcooldowns

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hey, I'm here. Honestly, trying to sort through pages of whimsical hunches and reminiscent nods to previous games while grabbing at the few pieces of useful information between the meme lynches and finger pointing is a lot of reading.
From the info you've gotten, what takes do you have? Meme votes/lynches died out a while ago. IMO treat this as you would D1 rn.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
mafia’s been dying for years lmao

modkills suck because balance gets screwed whenever one happens
but theres no better solution
wasting lynches < a minor balance shift
the alternative would either be leaving them alive to do nothing but hold the game up the entire game/wasting lynches which isnt fair!

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
but theres no better solution
wasting lynches < a minor balance shift
the alternative would either be leaving them alive to do nothing but hold the game up the entire game/wasting lynches which isnt fair!
yeah

the situation sucks

unless we can find replacements

i can call in a favor from aqua if need be but i get the feeling thats controversal