They Are Among Us [Game Complete!]

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score
2. unu, why? he said fog and i cant have that kind of energy in this game
Now this is true love ❤

For 2), when will it happen, do you know? Does it happen as soon as you get the required items? If you were to be killed that same night, would it happen before you died?

For 2.2) just to make sure we're on the same page, do you have to choose a player to use the item's effect on?

Also how many items do you need?
2A) I know
2B) Yes
2C) Yes
2.2) No

erik5456

Reaction score
Well since a lot of suspicions are being pointed at me and its likely I'll be pushed towards being lynched since as Tims mentioned deadline is ticking, I'll offer a better explanation as to my "bait and switch". Not willing to role claim unless im down to 2 votes away from being lynched or im feeling pressure with under 24 hours to deadline.

So as for my "bait and switch", I've been pushing for people to talk about items since the beginning because I felt nearly certain they worked via "activators". This reason being that one of my items is very obviously an activator based on just its name and going 1 step further under the assumption that the mafia is the aliend in this game,it very much feels like an activator that would be useful for a townie item. When i say its obviously an activator, I mean I read the name and instantly thought "This will 100% get something else to start working". Hence why I specified the idea of uses, because the activator is used to get something else working.

I was reluctant to mention it especially once people started discussing items being randomly distributed. This meant that mafia might need my item and since no one else had mentioned anything interesting, I would be target #1.

I was even more reluctant as I saw that everyones received 2 items most of which supposedly do nothing. I think 3 people have mentioned items that do things? If every item was either a "tool" (needs activator to do soemthing) or an activator, then we've got a 3:19 ratio which makes no sense. So some of the 19 should do nothing. This means the activators are even more tempting since they could eventually enable you to do something with them. Whereas other useless items are just useless.

With deadline coming up, I'd like to try to get some more thoughts out of the less vocal members rn to try to promote activity. So
Unvote Aqua (goodbye meme vote you will be missed)
Vote Good Skele

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I think you're reading way into this.
Why do you say that? (and this isn't a rhetorical question, your confidence that sessy's item mixup was innocent slightly grates me the wrong way)

But to explain myself, when she said she thought she only had one item I automatically thought she must've missed the one without a description since it'd be easier to miss that one, but I noticed earlier she originally said that she had 1 item but didn't get told anything about it, so I wanted to ask her which item it was that she missed to see if she'd try to say it was the one without a description

But the explanation she gave is fine for me

I wasn't, though?
Then could you go over what you meant when you said you thought you'd be put up for lynch, and that I had provided a reason above?

Also, what's your opinion on erik, skele?

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Vote Erik

I'm sorry, the more you talk the more suspicious I get. I might change the vote, but we have like 24 hours left so I don't wanna risk not getting a lynch.

Also, I'm curious as to your "activator" item erik5456 if you don't want to reveal the exact object could you give us a clue as to what it might be useful for? <3

Good Skele

Reaction score
Then could you go over what you meant when you said you thought you'd be put up for lynch, and that I had provided a reason above?

Also, what's your opinion on erik, skele?
I meant that I think a lynch will likely help town anyway, even if a mislynch, providing information. For me the sooner - better.
I'm not quite sure yet, I have mixed and thoughts about several people right now

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Anyways I'm not liking the idea of lynching erik, I actually have a slight town-read on him. Mostly since in my opinion his explanations and defences have been slightly clumsy and/or unfocused in places. For example, his last post doesn't even address why he chose to bait, which is something mars called him out on - instead it kinda sidetracks into explaining why he thinks items have a use, which isn't really addressing anyone's suspicion on him at all. My impression of erik (which is admittedly based on like, several years ago worth of games) is that he wouldn't allow his defences to be like that if he were mafia, he'd make sure they were more effective. Instead it reads to me like his defences are all coming from the angle of 'let me just write down what I'm honestly thinking', not trying to be an 'effective, persuasive argument' necessarily. And that's something a townie does if they're hoping their honesty will shine through, not a mafia, since mafia can't do that. Unless they're risking relying on someone to come to the exact conclusion I'm coming to, but that seems risky and therefore unlikely.

With less than 24 hours left I guess I should also put my vote down, and it's gonna be on my biggest suspect so far, even though it's only a tiny suspicion

I had a tiny gut feeling that he was scum from the start, I think just because of his general vibe, it just seemed slightly off

Plus like I said earlier, his post where he says he thinks I'm reading "way into" sessy's item mix up strikes me as slightly too confident to brush it aside as an innocent mistake on sessy's part, since to me it's reasonable to find that change of story worth looking further into and I struggle to see why he'd think any differently, and so I think it might be because he already knows sessy is town, because he's mafia (I highly doubt we have masons in an 11 player setup so I doubt it's him defending a fellow townie who he knows is town). I was gonna wait for his response but he's been online and not responded so I'll just slap a vote down to try to prop up a counter wagon to erik

vote UNU

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score
What do you mean by 'jumpy about his items'?
Like he was all "I have items, do you have items, ill tell you what mine do if you tell me what yours do, oh people have items, lol jk my items don't do anything but I'm not gonna tell you what they are" catch my drift? Are you picking up what I'm putting down? ARE WE ON THE SAME WAVELENGTH?!

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Instead it reads to me like his defences are all coming from the angle of 'let me just write down what I'm honestly thinking', not trying to be an 'effective, persuasive argument' necessarily. And that's something a townie does if they're hoping their honesty will shine through, not a mafia, since mafia can't do that. Unless they're risking relying on someone to come to the exact conclusion I'm coming to, but that seems risky and therefore unlikely.
People come to that conclusion all the time...So I'm not necessarily agreeing with your conclusion.
An effective mafia (to be fair, you know more about effective mafia than I do) should be able to put themselves into the headspace of a townie and speak as though they were one.

erik5456

Reaction score
Like he was all "I have items, do you have items, ill tell you what mine do if you tell me what yours do, oh people have items, lol jk my items don't do anything but I'm not gonna tell you what they are" catch my drift? Are you picking up what I'm putting down? ARE WE ON THE SAME WAVELENGTH?!
Wait havent we all agreed at this point to not just directly say what our items are??? And because you asked, everyone posting on this forum is using a variation of the item I have. And again, its because of the activator I had that I was eager to see what was happening with items since they seem to be fairly relevant to the game. I don't know what you mean with jumpy though. Its D0 and not a lot to talk about and Ive just been trying to contribute to discussions wherever I could because its a closed setup. If i were mafia, why bring up items or seem "jumpy" at all?

Also its surprising to me that Inf actually guessed my headspace correctly lol. I've just been replying with my thoughts and honest reasoning for what I said. I haven't gotten a huge read on unu but I admittedly haven't been paying huge attention to him as I've felt like I've been in the hot seat and am just trying to deal with that.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
People come to that conclusion all the time...So I'm not necessarily agreeing with your conclusion.
An effective mafia (to be fair, you know more about effective mafia than I do) should be able to put themselves into the headspace of a townie and speak as though they were one.
In general people wifom yeah, but I think people only rely on that (usually) when it's a fairly obvious wifom to come to, since then it's not so risky

I wouldn't say fits this situation, but maybe that's just since it took me a like an hour of trying to piece apart my gut feeling around that post to come to the specific conclusion that I did - I guess maybe to other people it'd seem like a more obvious thing to think?

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Anyways I'm not liking the idea of lynching erik, I actually have a slight town-read on him. Mostly since in my opinion his explanations and defences have been slightly clumsy and/or unfocused in places. For example, his last post doesn't even address why he chose to bait, which is something mars called him out on - instead it kinda sidetracks into explaining why he thinks items have a use, which isn't really addressing anyone's suspicion on him at all. My impression of erik (which is admittedly based on like, several years ago worth of games) is that he wouldn't allow his defences to be like that if he were mafia, he'd make sure they were more effective. Instead it reads to me like his defences are all coming from the angle of 'let me just write down what I'm honestly thinking', not trying to be an 'effective, persuasive argument' necessarily. And that's something a townie does if they're hoping their honesty will shine through, not a mafia, since mafia can't do that. Unless they're risking relying on someone to come to the exact conclusion I'm coming to, but that seems risky and therefore unlikely.

With less than 24 hours left I guess I should also put my vote down, and it's gonna be on my biggest suspect so far, even though it's only a tiny suspicion

I had a tiny gut feeling that he was scum from the start, I think just because of his general vibe, it just seemed slightly off

Plus like I said earlier, his post where he says he thinks I'm reading "way into" sessy's item mix up strikes me as slightly too confident to brush it aside as an innocent mistake on sessy's part, since to me it's reasonable to find that change of story worth looking further into and I struggle to see why he'd think any differently, and so I think it might be because he already knows sessy is town, because he's mafia (I highly doubt we have masons in an 11 player setup so I doubt it's him defending a fellow townie who he knows is town). I was gonna wait for his response but he's been online and not responded so I'll just slap a vote down to try to prop up a counter wagon to erik

vote UNU
Really doing a lot of explaining on behalf of Erik there tbqh. If he needed an out, you just wrote one out for him perfectly. Scum tend not to be sloppy in their play, true, and I don't know Erik as a player (meta can be trash anyways).

Wait havent we all agreed at this point to not just directly say what our items are??? And because you asked, everyone posting on this forum is using a variation of the item I have. And again, its because of the activator I had that I was eager to see what was happening with items since they seem to be fairly relevant to the game. I don't know what you mean with jumpy though. Its D0 and not a lot to talk about and Ive just been trying to contribute to discussions wherever I could because its a closed setup. If i were mafia, why bring up items or seem "jumpy" at all?

Also its surprising to me that Inf actually guessed my headspace correctly lol. I've just been replying with my thoughts and honest reasoning for what I said. I haven't gotten a huge read on unu but I admittedly haven't been paying huge attention to him as I've felt like I've been in the hot seat and am just trying to deal with that.
By speaking about the items/activators and so on and thus provoking that discussion, then all the combos are exposed. Assuming a perfect world w/complete honesty across the board, D0 already has given maf the roadmap to killing people with activators, unless maf already have one or two. Doing that bait as you did could help town, but it also leaves any town-held activators open barring a protection/roleblocker interference.

And yeah very surprising Inf perfectly guessed your headspace. You didn't have to try and explain much at all.

How do you feel about an UNU lynch?