They Are Among Us [Game Complete!]

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
With less than 24 hours left I guess I should also put my vote down, and it's gonna be on my biggest suspect so far, even though it's only a tiny suspicion

I had a tiny gut feeling that he was scum from the start, I think just because of his general vibe, it just seemed slightly off

Plus like I said earlier, his post where he says he thinks I'm reading "way into" sessy's item mix up strikes me as slightly too confident to brush it aside as an innocent mistake on sessy's part, since to me it's reasonable to find that change of story worth looking further into and I struggle to see why he'd think any differently, and so I think it might be because he already knows sessy is town, because he's mafia (I highly doubt we have masons in an 11 player setup so I doubt it's him defending a fellow townie who he knows is town). I was gonna wait for his response but he's been online and not responded so I'll just slap a vote down to try to prop up a counter wagon to erik

vote UNU
Yeah, this is post is a typical mafia move from Infected. Has barely mentioned me for the entire game, but just as soon as some others (HK, Good Skele, Sessy) say they're suspicious of me, he quickly makes up some reason he thinks I'm a good lynch.

Vote Infected

And for anyone still wanting to lynch me. You may not want to lynch the cop.

erik5456

Reaction score
I'm calling absolute bullshit on this one. Time is ticking down deadline wise and you decide to hard claim cop right before N1? I was suspecting sessy more than you but after going all of your posts of which most seemed minimal along with this claim from out of nowhere, you def seem most sus right now. Inf didn't even come up with BS reason that you're a good lynch. All he mentioned was a gut feeling and how he has a slight suspicion of you. I'm reluctant to simply bandwagon onto you especially with deadline coming up, but could you come up with a better defense then "Inf voted me, I am cop so lynch him"?

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Yeah, this is post is a typical mafia move from Infected. Has barely mentioned me for the entire game, but just as soon as some others (HK, Good Skele, Sessy) say they're suspicious of me, he quickly makes up some reason he thinks I'm a good lynch.

Vote Infected

You only had one vote on you and felt pressured to claim? I'm not sure if I follow that at all. You were sus but far from the chopping block. Now the CC game has to start.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'm calling absolute bullshit on this one. Time is ticking down deadline wise and you decide to hard claim cop right before N1? I was suspecting sessy more than you but after going all of your posts of which most seemed minimal along with this claim from out of nowhere, you def seem most sus right now. Inf didn't even come up with BS reason that you're a good lynch. All he mentioned was a gut feeling and how he has a slight suspicion of you. I'm reluctant to simply bandwagon onto you especially with deadline coming up, but could you come up with a better defense then "Inf voted me, I am cop so lynch him"?
The mindmeld between you and Inf right now is sus af imo.

You should be reluctant b/c it's a cop claim, not because of a deadline.

I'd like to know what lurking scum extraordinaire HKCaper thinks about this.

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
The general consensus was to lynch. It seemed to go towards erik, but shifted towards unu. (im not certain on the timeline, but) after i said id be willing to lynch unu (without giving much of a backing behind it), a few other 'less vocal' also said unu was susp (altho i think they said both Erik and unu, which things can be said about i guess, but i must check). It can be frustrating to see susp cast your way, with not much to work with, especially on a day 0. Then inf comes out with a post, sorta defending erik if you wanna see it that way, buy definitely going after unu. Deadline coming up.

This in consideration, i dont find it too weird unu would make a claim. Emphasis being on a claim. Now, i love me a day 0 lynch just as much as anyone here should, but i find it kinda funny if you will, that the claim happens to be cop. Do i trust the claim? Well, i dont really have a reason to trust it. If you are actually worried you will get lynched and are trying a desperate attempt at getting info, what better than a cop cc.

Here is the thing tho. Yes unu could have felt pressured, but a fake cop claim? Please. The scenario for that doesnt feel right, unu wasnt that close yet, and again a cop claim? Too obvious. Then again, as always, im not voting an unccd cop. Could be unu realized that people wouldnt be keen to do that. A last thing, i find the phrasing of 'you might not wanna lynch a cop' peculiar. Feels like he wanted to play it cool.

More on things beside unu in a bit. Feel free to ping or ask q's.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
The general consensus was to lynch. It seemed to go towards erik, but shifted towards unu. (im not certain on the timeline, but) after i said id be willing to lynch unu (without giving much of a backing behind it), a few other 'less vocal' also said unu was susp (altho i think they said both Erik and unu, which things can be said about i guess, but i must check). It can be frustrating to see susp cast your way, with not much to work with, especially on a day 0. Then inf comes out with a post, sorta defending erik if you wanna see it that way, buy definitely going after unu. Deadline coming up.

This in consideration, i dont find it too weird unu would make a claim. Emphasis being on a claim. Now, i love me a day 0 lynch just as much as anyone here should, but i find it kinda funny if you will, that the claim happens to be cop. Do i trust the claim? Well, i dont really have a reason to trust it. If you are actually worried you will get lynched and are trying a desperate attempt at getting info, what better than a cop cc.

Here is the thing tho. Yes unu could have felt pressured, but a fake cop claim? Please. The scenario for that doesnt feel right, unu wasnt that close yet, and again a cop claim? Too obvious. Then again, as always, im not voting an unccd cop. Could be unu realized that people wouldnt be keen to do that. A last thing, i find the phrasing of 'you might not wanna lynch a cop' peculiar. Feels like he wanted to play it cool.

1. General consensus is split; plenty of people are still on erik, which is why Inf made a post defending him. Erik has at least one vote from Fog. Unu was getting sus on him but not to the extreme where it makes sense to reveal a town pr.
2. Obviously no reason to trust b/c it came out of the blue and doesn't excuse Unu's barebones posting. But it's still an un-cc'd cop.
3. You basically outline the WIFOM scenario at play with the cc game but don't take any stance on it; you say Unu could be lying or he could be a cop, but you spend two paragraphs spelling out what essentially is an ambivalent stance.

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
Unu was getting sus on him but not to the extreme where it makes sense to reveal a town pr.
i agree, but perhaps that wasnt 'obvious' to unu.

You basically outline the WIFOM scenario at play with the cc game but don't take any stance on it; you say Unu could be lying or he could be a cop, but you spend two paragraphs spelling out what essentially is an ambivalent stance.
i did take a stance, which for now is not to lynch unu. also the first paragraph's purpose was to show why i felt that, from unu's point of view, i could see why he claimed. or atleast i tried to bring that across, especially since both you and erik did not see that. in addition to trying to bring across my view of it being possible unu would have claimed if he is legit, i explored the possibility of a fake claim. if you want just a simple answer, thats fine

you said it yourself perfectly
But it's still an un-cc'd cop.

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
I'm calling absolute bullshit on this one.
to question a cop claim, or any claim day 0 is logical, but you seem more determined.

The mindmeld between you and Inf right now is sus af imo.
The shoutout to inf from erik before was kinda weird.

Inf didn't even come up with BS reason that you're a good lynch.
Does seem a bit like you are simply going against this since the 'cop' claim just went after inffy, who has defended you.
---

im not sure for who to lynch anymore. to me it seems lynching unu, erik, or inffy is the most suitable option (well imo not unu, since, duh, uncc'd cop), if we dont simply wanna shoot at the dark to see what happens (which imo would happen if we lynch someone else, probably a less vocal player like me, pair, skele, or sessy).

seems like fog, tim, mars, and twg have contributed more to the game so far, and have atleast not vibed off to me yet, so i dont think we should lynch any of them atleast.

9hours30min to go, ill keep tabs on thread

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Unu, claiming at this stage makes me more suspicious of him, due to the fact that there wasn't TOO much focus on him. Also, why claim so early? As now surely he has painted a target on his back for the mafia to attack him...YET alternatively he is now going to potentially be saved by the doctor (if there is one in the set up) which could work out if he mafia scum... but at the same time there hasn't been a CC yet.

I am going to keep my vote on Erik for now, but I wanna find out more ?

Feel free to ping or ask q's.
Hey bby, you free next week for a date? Cause I know this restaurant with lots of mirrors that I think you would just LOVE! ?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score

Vote Infected

I said you were suspicious before good skele did. HK's wasn't even a serious read on you, at least I don't see why anyone would interpret it as serious, because his reason was about not wanting the energy of people voting fog. So that leaves only sessy bringing you up, with only a gut feeling.

Seems like you really jumped the gun to deciding I'm mafia before checking your facts, which seems a bit out of character for town UNU, which makes me think you're panicking more than you do as town, maybe since you're mafia and have that added pressure

Also I'm pretty baffled at the cop claim, seems quite unnecessarily risky to claim now, when only one person is voting you. If mafia has a roleblocker you're useless until we find them now. Again seems too not-well-thought-out for town UNU.

That said I'll unvote you unless somebody cc's you.

unvote

What exactly about the bolded is suspicious to you?

This post pings my radar a bit, feels like quite an unnecessarily lengthy way to say what your point is, as though making an effort to look like you're contributing more than you really are, which usually comes from self-conscious mafia than town who don't usually consider doing that kind of thing since they're not as concerned with appearances. From memory, I've noticed this as part of your mafia meta as well, though not sure on that one

to question a cop claim, or any claim day 0 is logical, but you seem more determined.
I agree, erik's post there also slightly grates me the wrong way, I wasn't sure why but you made me realize why here - he seems pretty confident all of a sudden about UNU, which I'm not really sure where that would have come from, authentically? I agree the cop claim is questionable but to call "absolute bullshit" feels too confident. I'm not that confident and I've been suspicious of UNU a bit this entire time. So I wonder if it's a bit like 'oh now's an opportunity I can push onto UNU to save myself, let me take advantage of this claim and really push it as a suspicious thing". Though I guess town could subconsciously (or consciously I guess) end up doing that if it's to save their life, I dunno, it does make me question my read on erik though

The more fog talks the more my gut says he's also scum.

In the interest of still having a counter wagon to erik for better reads tomorrow I'm gonna vote him now, though I'd also be up for voting hk.

vote fog

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Also, Infected_alien8_ why are you so against an Erik vote?
I'm not *so* against it. Ultimately I still think he's slightly more likely to be town than mafia right now, and I think you're slightly more likely to be scum, so I'd rather get you. But regardless I'd rather we have two viable lynches to choose from than one. If there's only one, and erik ends up being town, people can just not get involved in the vote and say "well I wasn't sure about erik but there were no other people that I thought could be lynched, so I just let erik be lynched", and it's hard to get a read on them for it. If there's two people then there's less excuses for not voting anyone since it's likely some people will have a slight preference between two options, which means more people vote and make an actual decision, which means more reads to get from today, tomorrow

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
More wagons = easier for maf to split and hide their votes. It's pinging me that you're ignoring that aspect.

Maf always prefers a multi-wagon scenario because it scatters numbers and prevents excessive consolidation. Even more so considering this is an intimate game with a small maf team

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
More wagons = easier for maf to split and hide their votes. It's pinging me that you're ignoring that aspect.

Maf always prefers a multi-wagon scenario because it scatters numbers and prevents excessive consolidation. Even more so considering this is an intimate game with a small maf team
I'd rather have a scenario where most/all people voted someone, than have it so mafia can hide in not voting at all and get away with it

Care to further explain?
Mostly gut feeling, though as I write this post I'm starting to realize where it came from. It started when UNU mentioned your name, your response to him felt off. Then when erik is under pressure, suddenly saying that the more he speaks the more you're suspicious of him, and saying that he was jumpy about his items - even though, now that I think about it, you neglected to mention that until he started getting heat. And your post on this page where you talk about UNU's post just feels like a faked 'what could be happening??' thought process, I don't know why it feels fake to me, it just does. This one I mean:

Unu, claiming at this stage makes me more suspicious of him, due to the fact that there wasn't TOO much focus on him. Also, why claim so early? As now surely he has painted a target on his back for the mafia to attack him...YET alternatively he is now going to potentially be saved by the doctor (if there is one in the set up) which could work out if he mafia scum... but at the same time there hasn't been a CC yet.

I am going to keep my vote on Erik for now, but I wanna find out more ?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Then when erik is under pressure, suddenly saying that the more he speaks the more you're suspicious of him, and saying that he was jumpy about his items - even though, now that I think about it, you neglected to mention that until he started getting heat.
And by heat I mean like, serious heat where it's looking he'll be lynched. Before your post where you decide he's suspicious enough to vote, you didn't join in mentioning erik being suspicious, you didn't mention him being weird about items even though when I asked what you meant about it, you referenced things that happened ages ago. I know it's possible you just didn't think it was worth mentioning when you first saw it, or only decided it was suspicious when reflecting on it in that moment though. I think my main reason to suspect you is the post I mentioned on this page, it just feels fake to me. Your stance on erik is just another thing that adds to my concern that maybe there's something going on there, even though I can think of other reasons for it happening where you're town