They Are Among Us [Game Complete!]

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
If you think I play sloppily as mafia then idk what to tell you, as maf my #1 goal is to be as air-tight and bullet-proof as possible
I never understood arguments like this and "town shouldn't care about appearances."
I know this is a little bit of a tangent but I'm always concerned about appearances regardless of alignment. If as a townie I get perceived as mafia, then I've hurt the town by getting mislynched.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I never understood arguments like this and "town shouldn't care about appearances."
I know this is a little bit of a tangent but I'm always concerned about appearances regardless of alignment. If as a townie I get perceived as mafia, then I've hurt the town by getting mislynched.
As town most of my mental energy is on trying to feel other people, so whilst I do still care about not looking suspicious, it's nowhere near to the same degree as when I'm scum. Hence why my plays as town tend to be more chaotic than as scum. As scum I do my best to make everything I say air-tight. I don't give my posts the same amount of attention as that when I'm town

erik5456

Reaction score
What do you mean you can see if someone has killed someone before? Why would they lose their items?
They mean that if they stole all of someones items and they had more than 2, its sus because they mustve gotten those items from killing someone else.

Seems more like a mafia or 3rd party side role though imo. Tim ninja'd me on this though.

Do you not have a title even Inf?

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
nvm stranger apparently made a mistake and I'm Charlie the Hobo
Mhmm now we're blaming the host?
I don't like that I can't reasonably use that against you because I mean...We've all been there.

But from a setup perspective I'd see your ability as more 3rd party than anything.
Because you raise a good point, why would mafia need a role to do that.
But I could absolutely see a third party trying to assemble some number of items together as their wincon, and not wanting to accelerate deaths in such a small game.

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score
(killing people takes all their items - why would maf have a second role to take items when they can do it by killing?)
Can I just take a moment to say, I feel this is like Inffy came up with a random Role and Name and then was like lets make it look kinda scummy. Then he realised this could be his out. He is also getting more stressed as his text is in bold...

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Mhmm now we're blaming the host?
I don't like that I can't reasonably use that against you because I mean...We've all been there.

But from a setup perspective I'd see your ability as more 3rd party than anything.
Because you raise a good point, why would mafia need a role to do that.
But I could absolutely see a third party trying to assemble some number of items together as their wincon, and not wanting to accelerate deaths in such a small game.
3rd party with 11 players seems unlikely to me, it'd be hard to balance, so I don't think we actually have a third party in general