They Are Among Us [Game Complete!]

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
one way I can think of RE why UNU would have triggered my intuition of having too much hope is if he truly thought being called sheriff would be convincing enough for people to think he was town

something that could explain why he was so hopeful about that is that i know UNU puts a lot of stock in like, what roles have been there in the past, to inform what roles are gonna be here now, like he seems t othink of mafia roles as though theyve all already been created and hosts pick from a pool of pre-existing roles and maybe only tweak things slightly if at all (ive noticed this in quite a lot of games), so maybe he thought that claiming a sheriff name would be enough to save him

that isnt something i considered before since to me the argument of 'im sheriff so im town' is easily argued back with 'sheriff doesnt mean you have to be town' so i didnt think that argument could be where unu's hope came from, but i guess thats a flaw in my reasoning since unu wouldnt necessarily share that same opinion of how convincing that argument would be

then that begs the question why claim cop, which brings back to my theory of maf got told 'there isn't a regular cop this game', hence he felt safe to claim it

which begs the question, why didnt he just stick to his claim, bearing in mind its proveable and its, according to him, townie sounding, instead of claiming cop?

i guess answers could be:

- he was planning on using his sheriff role for one of his buddies to be able to claim instead? so one maf claims cop, the other hides behind the sheriff role.
- hes not the sheriff, his buddy is, and they agreed to role switch to try to save them both, and he had hope that town wouldnt think of a roleswap play?

so like... now that ive realized this, i can see unu as being scum much more viable, since it gives an explanation as to why he has so much hope, which was the main reason i was townreading him

theres still a couple of other things i mentioned which make me still wanna townread him, but this has made me much less against lynching him at least

why dont you say who you’d vote for?
i already did

why are you so against the idea of doing it?

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
i already did

why are you so against the idea of doing it?
because I don't want to say "I'm voting for ..." and then you and mars jump on the bandwagon of loading me with a bunch of questions and then getting angry when I don't answer all of them.

I do not trust Unu, I've said it before and I'll say it again. This whole cc and sheriff stuff just doesn't sit right with me.

I claimed my role because in the night chat it said ANONYMOUS and I thought that was anonymous both ways not just on my side, a possible misinterpretation on my part?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Can I ask why that information is needed, first?
since sessy is saying she doesnt, but we're looking for a set of items that we need to build something for town, and 2 of them are missing, which means maf have 2 of them and are lying, and sessy is kinda sus rn, so i want to double check she isnt lying about her items

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Timdood3 do you see people's inventory for what they were before they died, if they were to die on the same night? or if they died would you just see an empty inventory?
My ability says it takes place after all item-related actions, which I interpret to include kills, since stealing is part of them. I haven't sought clarification, but it seems pretty intuitive.

So I think if I were to target a player the night they're killed, my action would just fail since my target would be dead.
But if I were to target the killer, then I would see the victim's items.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Here's my two cents regarding people:

I don't like how uncooperative sessy is being. It's hard to put into exactly the words I want, but it's as if she's trying to avoid answering any questions/offer much information because she's not confident she won't be able to get out of a lie later.

I think unu is probably maf based on his day 0 cop claim, retracting that claim, then insisting that sheriff is the same thing, when obviously his ability isn't even similar. I can't think of any reason for town to act this way. Then mars having a similar, non-anonymous, role is certainly odd, but I'm more inclined to trust him and I don't think having two town chat-makers really makes sense.
This is going to get meta so take this with a grain of salt: I get the idea of having a failsafe for an important role. I also get the idea of having a similar, oppositely aligned role to mitigate the power of said important role. I think we have the latter, since (and this is the really meta bit) since if stranger & alisha wanted to add a failsafe for said important role, I think they would take one of the vanillas in the setup and give them an ability to turn into the critical role if it dies.

I'm much more inclined to trust inf after my faux pas earlier, he pretty succinctly showed me the flaws in my logic and cleared up my fog.

Speaking of fog, I've started wondering maybe mafia does have a day-thief. Or maybe a pre-lynch thief, like they can substitute an item the lynchee has for one of the own. Kind of like having first dibs on the loot pile? That actually kind of makes sense. There seem to be other day abilities like mars apparently needing to choose his target during the d-

Wait....A day ability that targeted fog...HMMMMMM *activate tinfoil hat mode*
What if mars isn't a chat creator at all and instead is the mafia day thief! Nah, that's probably too farfetched, but the idea came to mind so I figured I should probably throw it.

If I were to guess the mafia team right now I'd guess unu, sessy and either pairjax or skele.