Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Right, I am now begrudgingly caught up!

Y'all mofos made a mess of this game smh

I've got quite a lot of thoughts but I'll begin by answering two questions:

before Timdood3 reveals his report last night, can everyone answer this:

did you receive a new item last night?
and also, did you lose any of your items?
Nope and nope
Item 1: My eye has the first word. The second word is a tool.

Item 2: With this, I can keep my food cool and my hair dry!

Item 3: It's light, and it's hot, and I have one on my desk actually.
I do indeed have one of these items. Now that I've answered that and before I divulge further info about my item and/or my role, I want you to elaborate clearly and articulately why you wanted to know and reiterate your role and current items (separating which were stolen and which were yours originally).

Infected_alien8_ I expect great things xo

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I do indeed have one of these items. Now that I've answered that and before I divulge further info about my item and/or my role, I want you to elaborate clearly and articulately why you wanted to know and reiterate your role and current items (separating which were stolen and which were yours originally).

Infected_alien8_ I expect great things xo
yeah pairjax already claimed that he had the socket wrench

i wanted to know since we need those three items to build an alien detector which reveals all remaining aliens to the player who builds it

my role is that i pick someone at night and take all their items

im not gonna share all my items since i think maf need items to build something too so town should, where possible, keep items hidden

tim outed the fact that i have fog's cow cran (holding the cow means that if someone tries to kill me, they fail and take the cow off of me instead, so it's like a one-shot protection but it passes onto the killer) as well as the blueprint for an alien detector. both of these items were taken from TWG (meaning TWG tried to take cran the cow from fog's dead body n1). i havent revealed whether i still have these items or not, or whether i lost any items, since im waiting on skele now to answer first

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
tim outed the fact that i have fog's cow cran (holding the cow means that if someone tries to kill me, they fail and take the cow off of me instead, so it's like a one-shot protection but it passes onto the killer) as well as the blueprint for an alien detector. both of these items were taken from TWG (meaning TWG tried to take cran the cow from fog's dead body n1). i havent revealed whether i still have these items or not, or whether i lost any items, since im waiting on skele now to answer first
goddammit pairjax :mad:

Well assuming there's only one nightkill you still have the cow so why are you afraid of dying?

When I get chance I'll write an essay about it but in general inf is very likely not town and cannot be trusted

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Well assuming there's only one nightkill you still have the cow so why are you afraid of dying?
even if you assume there's only one nightkill, i dont necessarily still have the cow because maf may have stolen it

im not sure why you think im afraid of dying though? if its about not wanting maf to take my items, again im worried they can steal them as well as kill. fog's items that he had on death arent the same ones he claimed, so it seems theres at least 1 other role that can mess with someones inventory other than me, so that might be a maf one

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
even if you assume there's only one nightkill, i dont necessarily still have the cow because maf may have stolen it
But that implies there's another way for mad to steal items besides a night kill and how would we know a role like that exists in a game like this... Oh wait, we do know. Because you claimed it.

With hindsight, this game is entirely based on towns cooperation, we can trade items, we can pick up items from the lynch pool and due to town outnumbering mafia we have a higher chance of picking up said item. This game item wise is heavily stacked in towns favour. Now it's been revealed there is basically a bulletproof vest in play (the cow), it's obvious that the best move town could have done day 0 was to mass claim items and worked to give all of them to certain players day 0, with (what should have been) an uncc'd doc and a bulletproof vest, town could have made the alien detector night 1 and won the game immediately.

Now, what Mars has made clear is that the balancing in this game is a little scuffed, with there being two townsided messenger roles. However, I can't see a world where the hosts did not predict a mass claim day 0 as they happen so frequently so they must have done something to prepare for this outcome.

The best solution?

An anti-town item stealing role. This could either be mafia or some form of 3rd party with a hoarding/specific item combo win condition.

This would prevent an easy night 1 win and would allow mafia a competitive advantage despite being outnumbered (could also explain (I believe) Timdood3's early point that the number of mafia may be under 20-30% due to the player count).

So I return to my original point about cooperation: We have the ability to freely trade an item to each other. We now have an uncc'd item detector role who can prove whether someone is lying about what items they have based on name. We have two roles that allow the town to freely communicate during night time.

Why would there be a townsided item stealing role? It renders all need of town cooperation redundant, it renders Timdood redundant. Why would we need to know their names or trust each other to trade if inf can just steal the items from anybody suspicious anyway?

Factoring this in with the notion that town could've/should've mass claimed day 0 a townsided thief would have made the game free.

When inf asked around before whether anybody else had items stolen, nobody responded positively (Afaik, may have missed the post). So the fact that info is implying someone else may have stolen the cow despite no other thief roles other than himself being present on the previous nights, it's fair to say this worry is unfounded.

Now that I have my hard OwO evidence out of the way I'll go on to my next segment called 'My "Inf is a scummy piece of shit fuck you inf <O> looking ass bitch" vibes'.

Inf has always been one to coyly dance in the spotlight of mafia. Looking to uproot and stir as much thought as possible without disrupting or outing any townie secrets that could be unproductive if made apparent in the thread... and quite honestly, he's done an outstanding job at keeping up that visage despite being scum. It almost had me fooled.

However, as Mars quite rightly pointed out. His theorycrafting and posturing goes far beyond the realm of realism in this mafia game. He remains confident and astute yet goes off on tangents theorising niché situations that explain his view, passing them off as a likely scenario. (great examples would be Erik's weird behaviour day 0 or Unu and the blocker)

It feels unhelpful and confusing, muddying the waters and confusing those who may not be paying full attention to the game whilst contributing nothing productive.

(furthermore, the mafia blocker point seems really dumb in the context of the game man, this game is run by items not power roles, at least try to be inventive with ur nonsense smh my head)

He was also way too calm and collected when he was almost lynched day 0 but jumped at the opportunity to lynch fog instead. You'd think with such an OP power role he'd be more outspoken about his value to the town.

So with all of this in mind Immabust out a classic:

Vote inf

Man it feels good.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
And I want you to tell me your current inventory.
Yea I should claim shouldn't I...

..My name is...

And I have the fortune of having two items the Socket Wrench that inf both desperately wants and a safe, which can remove an item of mine from the game :)

So I say we lynch the inf, see what he's got in his pocketses and if dangerous I can dispose of it discretely :)

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
im not sure why you think im afraid of dying though? if its about not wanting maf to take my items, again im worried they can steal them as well as kill. fog's items that he had on death arent the same ones he claimed, so it seems theres at least 1 other role that can mess with someones inventory other than me, so that might be a maf one
Also this makes no sense, if it was some other role doing it and not fog lying to try and feign importance:

a) the role would be replace items upon death and/or lynch so it wouldn't be stealing your items anyway

b) surely fog would have been notified this was used on him if it was an actual day steal/switch ability and had nothing to do with his death.

It would be terrible game design otherwise.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Yea I should claim shouldn't I...

..My name is...

And I have the fortune of having two items the Socket Wrench that inf both desperately wants and a safe, which can remove an item of mine from the game :)

So I say we lynch the inf, see what he's got in his pocketses and if dangerous I can dispose of it discretely :)
You know, I would love to just let inf respond to your post and see how that plays out...
But here's the thing.
I know you don't have the socket wrench.
Either you gave it away or you "disposed of it discreetly," which I assume is what the safe does.

I searched you and the safe is your only item.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
You know, I would love to just let inf respond to your post and see how that plays out...
But here's the thing.
I know you don't have the socket wrench.
Either you gave it away or you "disposed of it discreetly," which I assume is what the safe does.

I searched you and the safe is your only item.
Imagine actually not letting inf respond first, and yes... the socket is gone, that wasn't my doing that was my predecessor and he did it immediately.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Imagine actually not letting inf respond first, and yes... the socket is gone, that wasn't my doing that was my predecessor and he did it immediately.
That still reflects poorly on you. Who thinks "Oh, I have an item that can permanently destroy items...Let's just throw this uselessly looking thing away before finding out if it's important or not"
While it's possible that Pair just decided to throw it away because he could, it's more likely that he'd have some sort of motive. Or, a more reasonable estimation of events, you're mafia and destroyed the wrench last night because you learned of it's importance.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
While it's possible that Pair just decided to throw it away because he could, it's more likely that he'd have some sort of motive. Or, a more reasonable estimation of events, you're mafia and destroyed the wrench last night because you learned of it's importance.
You do realise I took over during the day right?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
ok so pairjax was maf all along i guess huh good to know ;)

But that implies there's another way for mad to steal items besides a night kill and how would we know a role like that exists in a game like this...
because, like i said:

fog's items that he had on death arent the same ones he claimed, so it seems theres at least 1 other role that can mess with someones inventory other than me, so that might be a maf one
With hindsight, this game is entirely based on towns cooperation, we can trade items, we can pick up items from the lynch pool and due to town outnumbering mafia we have a higher chance of picking up said item. This game item wise is heavily stacked in towns favour. Now it's been revealed there is basically a bulletproof vest in play (the cow), it's obvious that the best move town could have done day 0 was to mass claim items and worked to give all of them to certain players day 0, with (what should have been) an uncc'd doc and a bulletproof vest, town could have made the alien detector night 1 and won the game immediately.
you're making a lot of assumptions about what mafia roles there may or may not be

e.g. mafia interfering with item transmission via driver roles/roleblocks, using their kill/steal to get the items they need to build something while stopping town from building anything useful

you're also assuming mafia don't have any of the alien detector items, which is incorrect since two of the items haven't been claimed and therefore scum has them and are lying about them. lying about your items in a massclaim is easy, it's not like we can find who's lying because 'your item sounds fake'

However, I can't see a world where the hosts did not predict a mass claim day 0 as they happen so frequently so they must have done something to prepare for this outcome.
i think there's been one game ever in which this happened

but also again, they didn't necessarily believe all players would agree massclaiming items is a good idea, because of the aforementioned possibilities

The best solution?

An anti-town item stealing role. This could either be mafia or some form of 3rd party with a hoarding/specific item combo win condition.
a good solution yes, though not the only one I will add

Why would there be a townsided item stealing role?
to steal items from mafia who probably have something to build

possibly also to act as another tim role, just as there were 2 night chat roles

possibly both were had in mind when the hosts made my role

It renders all need of town cooperation redundant, it renders Timdood redundant. Why would we need to know their names or trust each other to trade if inf can just steal the items from anybody suspicious anyway?
saying that my role renders all of town cooperation and/or tim's role redundant is completely untrue and you know it

RE making tim redundant: i can perform the same item check action that tim can yes, that doesnt make him redundant, it means we can target 2 people per night instead of 1, 1 instead of 0 if one of us is roleblocked.

RE making town's cooperation redundant: i can also only target one player per night, i need 4 items to build it. how likely do you think it is that i'd have been able to singlehandedly build the alien detector without town being able to send items to one another, before the end of the game, bearing in mind 2 of the items i need are in scum's hands? town being able to give items doesnt make the process much easier, granted, but it does make it easier so that i dont necessarily have to target 4 separate people to get all the items i need once we've actually managed to get them in town's hands - e.g. if 2 or more separate town individuals have an item during a night (e.g if town starts with 1 and if town lynched maf who had one of the items, town all piled on that item to decrease chances of scum taking it, and therefore 1 random townie now has one of the items), we can have made a plan to give all items to x player, who i will then target.

and those two answers shouldve also answered your question about why you would need to know names/trust to trade if i exist as well.

Factoring this in with the notion that town could've/should've mass claimed day 0 a townsided thief would have made the game free.
again, youre assuming maf dont have thiefs/blockers/drivers/items-theyre-looking-for-themselves

When inf asked around before whether anybody else had items stolen, nobody responded positively (Afaik, may have missed the post). So the fact that info is implying someone else may have stolen the cow despite no other thief roles other than himself being present on the previous nights, it's fair to say this worry is unfounded.
first of all, you have no idea what my intent is behind asking that question

second of all, there is evidence of another thief/item-swapping role, as ive already said RE fog's items changing, so its fair for me to imply my cow may have been stolen

im not worried either and im not sure where youre getting that from

Inf has always been one to coyly dance in the spotlight of mafia. Looking to uproot and stir as much thought as possible without disrupting or outing any townie secrets that could be unproductive if made apparent in the thread... and quite honestly, he's done an outstanding job at keeping up that visage despite being scum. It almost had me fooled.
i have no idea what this means, or in what way you think ive been doing this

However, as Mars quite rightly pointed out. His theorycrafting and posturing goes far beyond the realm of realism in this mafia game. He remains confident and astute yet goes off on tangents theorising niché situations that explain his view, passing them off as a likely scenario. (great examples would be Erik's weird behaviour day 0 or Unu and the blocker)
my theorycrafting and posturing do not go far beyond the realm of realism, because everything ive said has been realistic. you may disagree with my read on people, but that doesnt mean my opinions have been unrealistic. otherwise theyd have been wrong. and both of my opinions that you reference here were correct. you might say you personally think its an unlikely explanation for their behaviour, but that'd be our intuitions disagreeing on whats happening.

It feels unhelpful and confusing, muddying the waters and confusing those who may not be paying full attention to the game whilst contributing nothing productive.
this is the one thing i will agree with you on. ive done a tragic job of being concise and communicating clearly this game, and i think i have made things far more confusing than necessary. i do disagree that ive contributed nothing productive though. contributing the gamebreaking town item is one example of something i contributed that im sure you agree is productive.

(furthermore, the mafia blocker point seems really dumb in the context of the game man, this game is run by items not power roles, at least try to be inventive with ur nonsense smh my head)
im not sure what this point is referring to, but we have power roles as well as items, so it only makes sense to consider both. not sure where your confidence of the game being 'run by items' comes from

He was also way too calm and collected when he was almost lynched day 0 but jumped at the opportunity to lynch fog instead. You'd think with such an OP power role he'd be more outspoken about his value to the town.
excuse me did you miss when i was spam posting and bolding my posts about my value to the town?

and its hardly reasonable to say i jumped at the opportunity to lynch fog instead. i was one of two people (the other being pairjax) to start the wagon on fog, and i wasnt even close to being lynched at that point.

--

anyways this entire argument feels biased and coming from an agenda to push on me rather than actually organically coming to the conclusion im scum. i dunno why it feels that way to me, but it reeks of it