EscapeRemastered Mafia: Economy of Madness [Day 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
notty was operating from the pov that all town has zero coins, which may be fine, depends on their role, maybe to them it was clear all town had zero coins, but to me it wasnt, and to alisha it shouldnt have been either
Sure, and that might have either been an intentional bait or a short sighted prediction from the convo previously. Point is you claimed ot have less than the average and then when they revealed their average was '0' you backtracked and feigned confusion.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
because going along with a notty day 0 play had literally never backfired on me before

and it never will!
well i blame you and notty for outing my zero coins and ruining towns chances then!

cuz it was your two agreement that the average was zero that made me think tim must have screwed up and told all town that town had zero coins except for me, which led me to claim i had zero

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
notty and alisha both said that the average town coin amount was zero

that means they know other town dont have above zero, since if they did, the average would be above zero
Hmm.
Unvote
This has given me something to think about.

Hopefully this isn't diving too far into PM mechanics, but I'll state that I had a pretty similar experience to you in the sense that my coin balance was not specified in my role PM. I asked Timdood about it and he stated that I have zero coins.

However, I read Alisha and Notty's statements as "The average townie has zero coins", not "Let's calculate the mathematical average of how many coins all townies have and grill inffy on whether he has more or less than that number of coins."

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
well i blame you and notty for outing my zero coins and ruining towns chances then!

cuz it was your two agreement that the average was zero that made me think tim must have screwed up and told all town that town had zero coins except for me, which led me to claim i had zero
excuse me

i have a great track record of day 0 plays helping town

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Sure, and that might have either been an intentional bait or a short sighted prediction from the convo previously. Point is you claimed ot have less than the average and then when they revealed their average was '0' you backtracked and feigned confusion.
i said i had exactly average before they revealed the average was '0', so no i didnt backtrack after that

and i didnt 'feign' confusion i was just really confused because it seemed like alisha/notty were both told that town all has zero coins, which made me think tim made a mistake and i needed to claim i had zero coins and that i didnt get told my coin amount

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score

Well like I say, from my role I know I start with coins because I have no way of gaining coins day 0+

So, since you have 0 coins I assume your role gives you some way of gaining coins today.

I think the best way to clear yourself is to claim what that is and how much you get and the rest of the townies compare it to their roles and amount gained and decide if it's a reasonable claim or not.

:)

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
i said i had exactly average before they revealed the average was '0', so no i didnt backtrack after that

and i didnt 'feign' confusion i was just really confused because it seemed like alisha/notty were both told that town all has zero coins, which made me think tim made a mistake and i needed to claim i had zero coins and that i didnt get told my coin amount
yeah because you tagged onto what they were implying - that doesn't change the fact you changed your answer then threw out a nonsense excuse about wanting to be mafias target or whatever it was.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Well like I say, from my role I know I start with coins because I have no way of gaining coins day 0+

So, since you have 0 coins I assume your role gives you some way of gaining coins today.

I think the best way to clear yourself is to claim what that is and how much you get and the rest of the townies compare it to their roles and amount gained and decide if it's a reasonable claim or not.

:)
or we refrain from giving mafia information when the only suspicion on me is because i didnt know all townies has zero coins which from the looks of things was actually a reasonable and townie perspective to have :)

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
or we refrain from giving mafia information when the only suspicion on me is because i didnt know all townies has zero coins which from the looks of things was actually a reasonable and townie perspective to have :)
Well if ur not gonna claim at all today, if nothing else comes up you'll make a fine day 0 lynch ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
yeah because you tagged onto what they were implying - that doesn't change the fact you changed your answer then threw out a nonsense excuse about wanting to be mafias target or whatever it was.
thats not what happened at all

my "excuse" wasnt just thrown out, i mentioned that in like my third post of the game, and never changed my stance on it

and i changed my answer because i realised all town prob have zero coins because notty and alisha both said so

aka two people lied to me and i believed them so i claimed for no reason

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
However, I read Alisha and Notty's statements as "The average townie has zero coins", not "Let's calculate the mathematical average of how many coins all townies have and grill inffy on whether he has more or less than that number of coins."
even if that were the case, notty/alisha shouldnt know what the majority of town's coin balance is

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
and i changed my answer because i realised all town prob have zero coins because notty and alisha both said so
aka two people lied to me and i believed them so i claimed for no reason
But you're trying to push the argument that notty and alisha already knew the average was 0 and implied that they were scum because of it.

If you thought that why did you believe them?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
But you're trying to push the argument that notty and alisha already knew the average was 0 and implied that they were scum because of it.

If you thought that why did you believe them?
i believed them, then it was revealed that town werent actually told all town had zero, so then i became suspicious of them for acting like they got told that

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
also notty and i have reputations for big plays day 0 so i mean you let yourself get wrapped into it
true its my fault for believing you guys, but i dont think i was unreasonable to do so bearing in mind my perspective
when did i give indication i got told that
notty said the average coin is 0 and you replied by saying ^^ to it, agreeing with them

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
>Inf is harassed for several pages to claim whether he's above or below the average - he refuses

wait hm, i didnt catch a certain word in the sign up thread that mislead me into misinterpreting something
>Inf claims to have misread something in the sign up thread

>inf suddenly 180's and claims to have below the average.

but actually i dont think its less anymore, i think its exactly average...
>Inf immediately retracts that after Alisha laughs at him claiming to have exactly average.

wait...

hm...
>Inf has a few irrelevant "oh noes I got bamboozled" posts

because i didnt want to reveal i had 0 coins so that maf didnt kill me and waste a nightkill, like i said already
>Inf claims the reason he didn't want to reveal he had 0 coins was because he 'want maf to kill [him] and waste a nightkill'... [On second reading this makes even less sense, why would mafia kill you for having 0 coins?]

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
>Inf claims to have misread something in the sign up thread
>inf suddenly 180's and claims to have below the average.
>Inf immediately retracts that after Alisha laughs at him claiming to have exactly average.
Infected_alien8_ you never elaborated on what you misread in the sign up thread. You also switched between less and exact average 1 post apart (alisha laughing at you).

What did you read that changed your mind and position on everything?

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
alisha, did you truly agree to notty because you thought it was a play and wanted to go with it, or did you mistakenly think notty must be correct that all town had zero coins and jump on me because you agreed with them
i thought it was a play - you were being goaded into saying less by notty and oog - plus with stranger’s claim it had a chance of being true anyway and i wanted to see what you did

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
basically, here's what happened:

i started with zero coins. because of my rolename, i thought i couldnt bid, aka i didnt think id have any coins, and thought i was an outlier. so i was expecting to have no coins. i asked tim for my coin balance, got confirmation i had zero. this further made me think i was an outlier, as it seemed like tim forgot to tell my balance because i had none unlike everyone else.

notty was asking me to share whether my coin balance was above or below average (which i mean, was an impossible question for anybody who didnt know what the average coin balance was. i was assuming that i was an outlier at 0, and that everyone else had more, so nottys questioning made me think they probably were a role that checked my coin balance, saw i had zero, made the same assumption that i did that this would be an outlier (since this is a bidding game, so surely most/some town would start with coins), and believed i made this assumption, and therefore believed that from my pov i knew i had less than average, and so wanted to trap me into possibly lying about that as scum and catching me out.

however, i didnt want to give any indication for how many coins i might have, because i didnt want mafia to know i had barely any coins (which wouldve been clear if i said i had less than average because the only way id know i had less than average is if i had zero, assuming other town had coins, which i assumed).

then, stranger and notty said this:

Well, I've got nothing to lose. Let's spice things up.

I am town-aligned.
I have exactly zero coins right now.
Essentially proves why Inf dodging the question is suspicious to all fellow town
this told me that notty knew town had zero coins, and believed other town knew that too. because otherwise her post here doesnt make sense (unless it was a prank, in which case, i fell for it). which made me think that maybe all town got told 'all town has zero coins' except for me since i already thought maybe tim messed up my role pm by forgetting to give me a coin balance earlier, so i didnt feel it was unlikely i was out of the loop, so i decided to claim zero.

in doing so, i claimed less than average, just thinking zero = less than average, then remembered 'oh wait if all town has zero im not less, im exactly average', so corrected myself.

then notty comes on and is like 'how could you have less than 0 when the average is 0??!?!?', alisha is like '^^ yeah!!!' and stranger says something similar, so im like ok oh dear all town got told that town have zero coins, tim messed my role pm up by accident, ive gotta claim my story to clear it up a bit

so then i did

the end

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Infected_alien8_ you never elaborated on what you misread in the sign up thread. You also switched between less and exact average 1 post apart (alisha laughing at you).

What did you read that changed your mind and position on everything?
oh right, the word i missed was:

Instead of the global panic scale, this game will feature a more interactive market called the Bazaar, with a public stock that all players can take a shot at getting for themselves via a silent auction.
when i started to think all town had zero coins, i went back to the sign up to check i didnt miss anything there, and noticed it said that ALL players can take a shot at betting. which meant my role could bet at some point in the game, contrary to what i thought, which meant the zero coin balance i had wasnt because of my role name and my idea that my role wouldnt ever be able to use the betting system (and therefore an outlier), and therefore it was plausible that all town started with zero and got given their points at night or something.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
when i started to think all town had zero coins, i went back to the sign up to check i didnt miss anything there, and noticed it said that ALL players can take a shot at betting. which meant my role could bet at some point in the game, contrary to what i thought, which meant the zero coin balance i had wasnt because of my role name and my idea that my role wouldnt ever be able to use the betting system (and therefore an outlier), and therefore it was plausible that all town started with zero and got given their points at night or something.
So as far as you know your role can't gain coins today?

Status
Not open for further replies.