EscapeRemastered Mafia: Economy of Madness [Day 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
that's not what you said though... I suppose it could be a typo.
i said:
because i didnt want to reveal i had 0 coins so that maf didnt kill me and waste a nightkill, like i said already
yeah the 'so that' was misleading, but the fact that i worded it as though 'maf didnt kill me' and 'waste a nightkill' were part of the same consequence, that should prove that i typo'd, because that cant possibly make sense

that's not what you said though... I suppose it could be a typo. But then if the majority of town starts with 0 and gains coins over the game then why is it a bad thing you claimed? ?
i didnt think it was a bad thing i claimed when i believed all town must have zero coins. it was when people admitted they didnt know town had zero coins that i realized they could easily not do and therefore i claimed for no reason.

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
yeah the 'so that' was misleading, but the fact that i worded it as though 'maf didnt kill me' and 'waste a nightkill' were part of the same consequence, that should prove that i typo'd, because that cant possibly make sense
could be a slip ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i didnt think it was a bad thing i claimed when i believed all town must have zero coins. it was when people admitted they didnt know town had zero coins that i realized they could easily not do and therefore i claimed for no reason.
I mean it very likely is the case the majority of town starts with 0 so not really

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
basically, one of two things happened:

notty believed all town must start with zero coins for (???) reason, so tried to trap me into lying about it

notty was making a play and purposefully pretending that they knew all town had zero coins, thinking that, if i was town, id be like 'this has to be a play or a lie because im town and i definitely didnt get told that all town had zero coins', and therefore they thought their play was actually safe since if i was town id just refuse to answer and if i was scum id be caught out. but in reality, i thought tim messed up my role pm and missed off the section about coin balance, and i thought itd be that section that told town 'town starts with 0 coins' if any, so i didnt have confidence that town didnt all get told each other had zero coins, and so i actually got myself into a mess thinking notty was being legit

i think its the former?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
even if it is, its still bad that i claimed 0 coins when i didnt need to, because thats still 1 player mafia couldve killed and got no coins from it, which now theyll know to avoid
(if theyre going after coins that is, which i dont know for sure obviously, but i think it will at least somewhat influence their nightkill decisions)

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
i thought tim messed up my role pm and missed off the section about coin balance, and i thought itd be that section that told town 'town starts with 0 coins' if any, so i didnt have confidence that town didnt all get told each other had zero coins, and so i actually got myself into a mess thinking notty was being legit
I will admit I am somewhat inclined to believe this as my starting money was not sent to me in my first role pm, and was included in a follow up point iwth a few other things he forgot to elaborate on in his first post.

If this is what you're implying was the case for you I guess it's a grounded take.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
even if it is, its still bad that i claimed 0 coins when i didnt need to, because thats still 1 player mafia couldve killed and got no coins from it, which now theyll know to avoid
as I was given 3 coins because I have no income at the start of the game it implies the majority, if not every player, who has 0 now will gain money today or tonight.

The fact you claim you can't/didn't think you could but now are realising you can... seems unbelievable, but hurrdurr pm mechanics

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
to clarify something, originally my belief of 'tim mustve made a mistake' came from the fact i thought my role was an outlier and thus he forgot to include the coin balance in my pm, but didnt in everyone else's

when i started to believe that all town had zero coins, you might argue that that shouldve told me that my role wasnt actually an outlier, and therefore tim forgetting a part of my role pm but not anyone elses shouldve been less likely. but it was the fact stranger, notty and alisha all knew their coin balance that made me think my role pm was still an outlier since i had to actually ask for my balance and i doubted that all three of those players also decided to ask.

but it sounds like after i asked tim, tim then messaged all players with their coin balance.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
as I was given 3 coins because I have no income at the start of the game it implies the majority, if not every player, who has 0 now will gain money today or tonight.

The fact you claim you can't/didn't think you could but now are realising you can... seems unbelievable, but hurrdurr pm mechanics
i dont understand what you mean? why does any of the info you got suggest that a majority of the town has 0, rather than starting off with money like you? why cant there be 6 townies who start with 3 coins?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
to clarify something, originally my belief of 'tim mustve made a mistake' came from the fact i thought my role was an outlier and thus he forgot to include the coin balance in my pm, but didnt in everyone else's

when i started to believe that all town had zero coins, you might argue that that shouldve told me that my role wasnt actually an outlier, and therefore tim forgetting a part of my role pm but not anyone elses shouldve been less likely. but it was the fact stranger, notty and alisha all knew their coin balance that made me think my role pm was still an outlier since i had to actually ask for my balance and i doubted that all three of those players also decided to ask.

but it sounds like after i asked tim, tim then messaged all players with their coin balance.
i mean, i guess me doubting that all three of those players decided to ask was a silly thing to doubt on reflection, since they easily couldve done, but at the time i felt like it was likely most players just didnt think to ask, for some reason

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
i do think aqua's behaviour throughout this mess was slightly scummy though, i also dont quite buy that alisha's ^^ post was 'oh this is a play, ill play along', but thats just because thats not how it felt to me at the time, which isnt the most reliable reason, especially since i was feeling cornered/panicked a little by notty, her and stranger already

for aqua, it just felt like his posted were going along with the flow of me being scum rather than actually having much conviction that im scum, but ill re-read it tomorrow and see if it feels any different

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Btw altho I do actually think inf is scum and is sweating bullets right now I do have to admit I do actually have 3 coins but it plays into my role and from the explanation given it seems as tho I am an exception to the rule as I have no way to gain money until later in the game.

So keep it in mind there may be one or two other roles that follow suit.
oh i missed this post

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
inf would you say you were hastily emboldened by our confidence?
If anything you two were hastily emboldened by my confidence. :p

I asked Tim for my balance as well. I don't know if that was around the same time you asked, but he replied stating that I have zero coins.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I asked Tim for my balance as well. I don't know if that was around the same time you asked, but he replied stating that I have zero coins.
yeah i realised that after i posted that woops, but yeah it seems like us two asked (maybe some others), then tim went through and told everyone

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
but, stranger, i think you and i probably have the same role, given something you asked earlier

obviously this role could also be scum sided though

but i think youre town anyway!
(to clarify on this, im not contradicting myself earlier when i said my role is self-proveable, its just stranger could have a maf variant of the role)

Status
Not open for further replies.