EscapeRemastered Mafia: Economy of Madness [Day 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Stop sucking his dick when you'd never give anybody else this much benefit of the doubt.
*cue to last game when you said tim had to be scum because he made an illogical move and i pointed out that townies sometimes make illogical moves*

Also I don't understand what you mean
what i mean is this makes you sound pretentious (idk if thats actually the right word):

if you're town, read the room and be prompt and clear when questioned. Otherwise you'll end up getting lynched.

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
*cue to last game when you said tim had to be scum because he made an illogical move and i pointed out that townies sometimes make illogical moves*
literally a complete non sequitur but ok

what i mean is this makes you sound pretentious (idk if thats actually the right word):
It's called being brutally honest. Idgaf how it makes me look. If there's nothing in my post that you disagree with, why comment?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
It's called being brutally honest. Idgaf how it makes me look. If there's nothing in my post that you disagree with, why comment?
i commented to make a joke about lynching you for being pretentious (i still dont know if thats the right word)

and i mean i dont agree with your 'philosophy' or whatever that as town you have to be as effective and efficient as possible cuz its a game and we can chill a bit

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
and i mean i dont agree with your 'philosophy' or whatever that as town you have to be as effective and efficient as possible cuz its a game and we can chill a bit
I am chill lol, Skele just asked what I meant and I was honest. If you are unhelpful, for whatever the reason might be, you are going to cast suspicion onto yourself.

That's just how mafia works. So in order to do that, regardless of alignment the best way is to pay more attention to the game and be prompt and clear with your responses.

Making vague responses over several days without really addressing the issues and coming up with excuses makes you look scummy.

You've literally improved so much at this since the early games of mafia we've played idk why this is an issue lol

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
it makes the same point, youre saying i wouldnt usually give people the benefit of the doubt, when clearly i would and have done
if you mean specifically that i wouldnt give people the benefit of the doubt for being inactive or not being invested in the game, then i mean id point to literally every game skeles been in previously and show that i dont always scumread him for not being invested in the game

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
it makes the same point, youre saying i wouldnt usually give people the benefit of the doubt, when clearly i would and have done
In the context of someone not answering the questions directly and in good time, stretching it out over several days. Not asking for clarification from the host despite other players asking for you to ask.

Literally this game Sessy was uncooperative and your immediate response was to shift all focus onto them and apply pressure in order to get an answer.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
if you mean specifically that i wouldnt give people the benefit of the doubt for being inactive or not being invested in the game, then i mean id point to literally every game skeles been in previously and show that i dont always scumread him for not being invested in the game
And that's just a sign they shouldn't be playing mafia. Happens once or twice it's annoying but forgivable, shit happens and something might have happened in their personal life.

If this is every game then it's incredibly disrespectful to other players and especially the host. Jokes aside and genuine fully serious aqua mode, that genuinely annoys me and is really shitty behaviour that should be bannable.

I know I did it to you once and even now I still think I was an asshole for not giving your game the respect it deserved. Not saying this is the case, but if this is consistent behaviour and they have no intention of changing they shouldn't play mafia IMO.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I am chill lol, Skele just asked what I meant and I was honest. If you are unhelpful, for whatever the reason might be, you are going to cast suspicion onto yourself.

That's just how mafia works. So in order to do that, regardless of alignment the best way is to pay more attention to the game and be prompt and clear with your responses.

Making vague responses over several days without really addressing the issues and coming up with excuses makes you look scummy.

You've literally improved so much at this since the early games of mafia we've played idk why this is an issue lol
yeah and thats a fine opinion to share if thats what your opinion is and if you thought skele wanted to know, but the way you said it was, to me, pretentious (???) sounding, especially since i didnt interpret it as skele asking for how he can improve as town but rather asking you to elaborate on why you thought he wasnt answering questions properly because he disagreed. so i said 'can we lynch aqua' over it

In the context of someone not answering the questions directly and in good time, stretching it out over several days. Not asking for clarification from the host despite other players asking for you to ask.

Literally this game Sessy was uncooperative and your immediate response was to shift all focus onto them and apply pressure in order to get an answer.
i was pressuring sessy for their name since it was relevant to my read on them, just like how i asked skele about his stealing thing until he gave me an answer - because its relevant to my read on him

idk why this is relevant though

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
yeah and thats a fine opinion to share if thats what your opinion is and if you thought skele wanted to know, but the way you said it was, to me, pretentious (???) sounding, especially since i didnt interpret it as skele asking for how he can improve as town but rather asking you to elaborate on why you thought he wasnt answering questions properly because he disagreed. so i said 'can we lynch aqua' over it
Skele asked me to elaborate and I elaborated lmao if that's not what he meant my bad b

I'm not psychic

idk why this is relevant though
incredible

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
And that's just a sign they shouldn't be playing mafia. Happens once or twice it's annoying but forgivable, shit happens and something might have happened in their personal life.

If this is every game then it's incredibly disrespectful to other players and especially the host. Jokes aside and genuine fully serious aqua mode, that genuinely annoys me and is really shitty behaviour that should be bannable.

I know I did it to you once and even now I still think I was an asshole for not giving your game the respect it deserved. Not saying this is the case, but if this is consistent behaviour and they have no intention of changing they shouldn't play mafia IMO.
if theyre taking the p*ss about not being invested in the game at all then yeah i find it annoying as well

but someone just not asking a question to the host (when they couldve just innocently forgotten, or not realised it was important enough to ask in the first place), and then not clarifying the answer after they did ask, when again that could be chalked down to just forgetting, thats fine to me

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
if theyre taking the p*ss about not being invested in the game at all then yeah i find it annoying as well

but someone just not asking a question to the host (when they couldve just innocently forgotten, or not realised it was important enough to ask in the first place), and then not clarifying the answer after they did ask, when again that could be chalked down to just forgetting, thats fine to me
Ok but you said they do this every game. I have seen for myself it happen last game and I told Skele off about it.

If this has just been this game and last game, Skele should definitely be on last warning but that's fine.

Besides this whole conversation is pointless because Skele's mafia anyway.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Ok but you said they do this every game. I have seen for myself it happen last game and I told Skele off about it.

If this has just been this game and last game, Skele should definitely be on last warning but that's fine.

Besides this whole conversation is pointless because Skele's mafia anyway.
yh but skele is clearly making an effort to actually talk a bunch this game, so him just genuinely forgetting to ask tim or to clarify something becomes much more plausible

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
yh but skele is clearly making an effort to actually talk a bunch this game, so him just genuinely forgetting to ask tim or to clarify something becomes much more plausible
alright dude whatever, I can't argue against plausible deniability so no point in continuing either of these arguments.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
either way we need to stop getting into pointless debates

i feel like several pointless debates keep happening because the way you speak to people makes them want to argue against you even if its otherwise pointless to the game

but thats just me
Well yeah it's called contradicting the god emperor Aqua even tho he's always right 100% of the time ?

But nah I play mafia aggressively, people instinctively get defensive and I use that to get reads. Sometimes that spills into off topic arguments but I enjoy being an asshole and it gets results so win win.

Like I said before with Sessy, it's classic good cop, bad cop psychology - I instinctively assume the role of uncaring bad cop every game because it gets results. Sometimes it causes people to act out of emotion rather than logic like Tim or Vatu, but it usually doesn't lead in a mislynch since I'd argue most of my arguments most game are pretty grounded in reality.

I swear we've had this convo before tho.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
But nah I play mafia aggressively, people instinctively get defensive and I use that to get reads. Sometimes that spills into off topic arguments but I enjoy being an asshole and it gets results so win win.
A good example of this at work would be professional poker. Being provocative and aggressive is a great strategy in order to provoke people into giving in to breaking their "pokerface"

Which is where the expression comes from.

Status
Not open for further replies.