EscapeRemastered Mafia: Economy of Madness [Day 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
it might be worth doing hk since he apparently gets 5 coins a night if im understanding that right so if he is town hed suffer less than notty/skele if theyre town
i mean if we think thats best ill do it, but on the other hand I think i got a good shot at snagging up one of the items since i have 5 coins and if i bid them all on a single item.

I understand it'd be useful to use the donation to check if i am lying, but there is no guarantee its going to be useful, and as I said there is the drawback of me not bidding on an item

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
also if we do this Good Skele should choose me tonight so that if i die he gets half and has an idea of how many coins i had on me
Not a bad shout, but yea, on secondary consideration, Hk shouldn't be up for debate. If Hk and Skele both go for it (and they're both townies) we have a 66% chance of getting it and mafia then have to flip a coin as to which of them got it.

Otherwise we'll never get the contract. (I assume the PI contract is Private Investigator so a cop role btw?)

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
i mean if we think thats best ill do it, but on the other hand I think i got a good shot at snagging up one of the items since i have 5 coins and if i bid them all on a single item.

I understand it'd be useful to use the donation to check if i am lying, but there is no guarantee its going to be useful, and as I said there is the drawback of me not bidding on an item
yea ur not doing it don't listen to the nasty man, son

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
So the question is, do we test Notty, Unu or Stranger.

Timdood3 I'm curious if we are allowed to know or not:

Can mafia pool their money without buying something (so trade their cash between each other) or can they only do it when purchasing from the black market?
UNU and stranger have both already donated a coin to me

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
but also are we sure theres not a way to use maths to get everyone to donate and figure out who killed alisha by either a) me sharing how many coins i got, or b) skele sharing how many coins he got

like, if im right, we can get everyone to donate and narrow it down to a 50/50 on who killed alisha by doing this, right?

(skele could lie but then we'd have a confirmed scum in skele instead)

bearing in mind maf already will have 6 coins, which is more than any of us have, is doing that more valuable than bidding on items (cuz the tonic might not even be useful or indicative of alignment)

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
UNU and stranger have both already donated a coin to me
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaok it's fine.

I did literally say don't do this earlier, because now things get overly complicated and you're definitely going to be targeted by mafia. But it's fine.

Timdood3 I realise now my pooling question doesn't actually matter since they will have only received the coins the morning after so don't worry about it. (or tell us anyway for future reference idk)

So, yea. Only one of them will have the 5 coins, so if I am right... and I am usually right, I am a god gamer after all... the other mafioso won't have any coins. Just 1 with 5.

So if Notty donates 5 coins, Stranger donates 3 and Unu donates 2.

Since inf very likely will die if town - I guess we'll have to trust what Skele says.

If he gets 1 it's either stranger or unu if he gets 2 it's notty.

Statistically 1 of them is likely scum so if he gets none I recommend lynching him.

If inf survives we go off of what inf says - or alternatively depending how close we are to mylo (if sessy isn't town) we sacrifice inf to the gods and count how many coins he has for accuracy.

Meanwhile if Either of HKCaper or Good Skele gets the PI contract they use it on the other.

I think that covers most our bases.

Lmk if I'm missing something

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
but also are we sure theres not a way to use maths to get everyone to donate and figure out who killed alisha by either a) me sharing how many coins i got, or b) skele sharing how many coins he got

like, if im right, we can get everyone to donate and narrow it down to a 50/50 on who killed alisha by doing this, right?

(skele could lie but then we'd have a confirmed scum in skele instead)

bearing in mind maf already will have 6 coins, which is more than any of us have, is doing that more valuable than bidding on items (cuz the tonic might not even be useful or indicative of alignment)
No, not with 5 coins, there's only 2 mafia results Skele can get

either 2 coins (from 5 or 4) or 1 coin (from 3 or 2)

if it's 2 coins then it could be one person who donated 5 or 4 or it could be two people who donated 3 and 2.

if it's 1 coin the odds are slightly in our favour because then it's a 50/50 between the person who doanted 3 and the person who doanted 2.

But honestly I think that's too much trial and error, I think my plan covers more bases and should get more accurate results.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
i donated 525600 as well
So I guess we'll be stuck with a 50:50 between you and notty as well, it's not the end of the world as long as sessy flips scum.

Otherwise god help us all, our reads better be fucking good and our hearts better be in the cards.

Infected_alien8_ you big hairy nonce, you rated my post optimistic, care to elaborate or are you just mad your plan is garbage and mine actually makes sense?

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
So I guess we'll be stuck with a 50:50 between you and notty as well, it's not the end of the world as long as sessy flips scum.

Otherwise god help us all, our reads better be fucking good and our hearts better be in the cards.

Infected_alien8_ you big hairy nonce, you rated my post optimistic, care to elaborate or are you just mad your plan is garbage and mine actually makes sense?
its ok i have 0 coins you can trust me :)

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
So if Notty donates 5 coins, Stranger donates 3 and Unu donates 2.

Since inf very likely will die if town - I guess we'll have to trust what Skele says.

If he gets 1 it's either stranger or unu if he gets 2 it's notty.

Statistically 1 of them is likely scum so if he gets none I recommend lynching him.

If inf survives we go off of what inf says - or alternatively depending how close we are to mylo (if sessy isn't town) we sacrifice inf to the gods and count how many coins he has for accuracy.

Meanwhile if Either of @HKCaper or @Good Skele gets the PI contract they use it on the other.
the one problem I do see with this due to oogs game throwing tendencies

is if sessy is town and skele is scum, if inf is killed we'll have to trust skele and since notty is now not alone in her own money bracket we have to take a shot in the dark twice to find out if skele is telling the truth. Two lynches we really can't spare because (I believe that'll put us at mylo)

then we just have to make the last lynch count and believe in the heart of the cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.