Most You've Spent On A College/University Book

Damer_Flinn

Resident Asha'man
Reaction score
I tried selling my books back one year. The only one they offered to take back (because all the others had new editions with bs changes just there to sell more books) was a $50 book. They offered $5 for it. After that I just kept them. I figure they'll be good reference books for when I forget things and need a refresher.

TubaRiver

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Technically i've spent nothing on books, cause scholarships and pell grants covered it all for me. But two of my most expensive books were;

Calculus 1-3 all in one bundle. $320
University Physics (aka Multivariable Calculus-based physics) $300

Cheapest book was;
Intro to Public Speaking(No fucking clue why i even needed the class for a CS degree) $15

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
The Gen Ed books were unusually expensive for me and I actually kept most of them unless the resale value was high. Although, the books that were required for my actual major were worth the money because they're great resource books --plus they have loads of photos and info. But for my major, Industrial Design, we had to spend a lot of money for the materials that we needed to make mockups, presentation materials, models, markers, sketching paper, and stuff in between, which would add up to $500+ per semester. So books were nothing compared to materials.