Most You've Spent On A College/University Book

Lucasandstuff

Reaction score
The most I had to pay was probably around $100 for a code to do stats homework on. If we are just talking like solid books then probably around $70 for a sociology book. This is why you rent books. What's worse is when you spend like $50 on a book and you never need to use it.

Theodorre

The Fail Chipmunk
Reaction score
Well, although I'm not up to tertiary education *yet*, the resources I need for an eleven week course cost around $3,000 NZD. (Around $2475USD, thanks Google.)* I have two years to save around $5,000. ($3,000 for one course, $2,000 for a slightly different course which reeeeeeally should be merged into the first, as they're so similar I wasn't aware they were separate courses. But hey, this thread isn't for complaining about tertiary education, now is it?

*Although of course we will have a 'teacher' of sorts, most of the cost goes to providing the resources (books) needed in order to gain a qualification in teaching English to speakers of other languages. ;-;

catgirl12466

Reaction score
So I said I hadn't looked at the prices for the books I need for this semester. I went today. Oh boy...

The bad news is my organic chem book is going to cost 175$. That's 25$ above the previous personal record holder.

The good news is I know for a fact that my mom has a copy of an unknown edition of that same book, so I may be able to get it free if it's the right edition. That would be one hell of a bullet dodged...

Maybe I should be thankful that she hoarded a load of books from her university's library and made a mess of our basement "storing" all of them for years...