Spaghetti Mafia - Game Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
I am quick going to clarify why lynching is better than no-lynching

The reasons why lynching today is better than no-lynching is because:

- In total, our chance of getting rid of mafias is higher than if we were to no-lynch.
- We will decrease our pool of suspects (the villager pool), whilst if we were to no-lynch we likely won't (at least not as much).
- We will get more and valuable information

First of all, if we no-lynch today, we have a 0 chance of lynching mafia, whilst if we lynch we have a 4/13. Like Choco and Ender pointed out we will lose by N4 regardless whether we no-lynch today or lynch (assuming vig doesn't kill, doc doesn't save and we mislynch every day). Basically that means: if we lynch today we get in total one more lynch than if we no lynch. Obviously that is favourable to us.

Secondly, by lynching we eliminate our suspects. We can kill of people from the villager pool (mafias and villagers), getting a much higher chance of lynching mafias later. However, if we no-lynch mafias will kill the PRs, leaving us with the same suspects, despite us being much fewer. For instance: if there are 5 in the villager pool and 2 PRs, we will surely lynch one of those 5, leaving the chance for getting mafias next day much higher in case of a mislynch than if we no-lynch, where the mafias kill one of the proven ones.

Lastly, we will get valuable information by lynching. By lynching we can get much info; From more reads, alignments to suspicious people upon lynches, voting patterns and generally we keep the game more active, which helps us read others more easily. All this is useful to determine someones alignment

I really see no reason why we shouldn't lynch today. Regarding that

Roobarb Pie , you didn't explain why you think no-lynch is better. Could you do, please?
Okx , after seing this are you willing to put your vote on someone, or explain why you won't?
BetaPanda, why do you think we have no choice but to no-lynch?

Now onto Choco
I'll be willing to drop my vote once he says who he claims. Unu is second on my list of suspects rn but I think getting Roob to claim who he healed first is more important for now.
You said this yesterday and the only place you mentioned me before this was here, to my post:
I understand why you would find me suspicious, but regardless I stand by my points being logically consistent.
Noteworthy also that I was at the time probably the closest to getting lynched (while still many votes away). Then I see you haven't mentioned me since and after Rune gets under heat says this:

Rune - bringing up the possibility of there being a fool, not sure if he just wasn't paying attention to the thread and I slightly scumread him for that.

(...)

I'll go with a lynch on Rune until they claim their role at least.

vote Rune
Again I get the feeling he just go with the majority opinion, trying to avoid getting suspicious and try to get easy lynches.

Not a huge suspicious, but the biggest I have right now

Vote chocofox

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score

- In total, our chance of getting rid of mafias is higher than if we were to no-lynch.
- We will decrease our pool of suspects (the villager pool), whilst if we were to no-lynch we likely won't (at least not as much).

First of all, if we no-lynch today, we have a 0 chance of lynching mafia, whilst if we lynch we have a 4/13. Like Choco and Ender pointed out we will lose by N4 regardless whether we no-lynch today or lynch (assuming vig doesn't kill, doc doesn't save and we mislynch every day). Basically that means: if we lynch today we get in total one more lynch than if we no lynch. Obviously that is favourable to us.

Secondly, by lynching we eliminate our suspects. We can kill of people from the villager pool (mafias and villagers), getting a much higher chance of lynching mafias later. However, if we no-lynch mafias will kill the PRs, leaving us with the same suspects, despite us being much fewer. For instance: if there are 5 in the villager pool and 2 PRs, we will surely lynch one of those 5, leaving the chance for getting mafias next day much higher in case of a mislynch than if we no-lynch, where the mafias kill one of the proven ones.

Lastly, we will get valuable information by lynching. By lynching we can get much info; From more reads, alignments to suspicious people upon lynches, voting patterns and generally we keep the game more active, which helps us read others more easily. All this is useful to determine someones alignment

Roobarb Pie , you didn't explain why you think no-lynch is better. Could you do, please?
Okx , after seing this are you willing to put your vote on someone, or explain why you won't?

Now onto Choco

You said this yesterday and the only place you mentioned me before this was here, to my post:

Noteworthy also that I was at the time probably the closest to getting lynched (while still many votes away). Then I see you haven't mentioned me since and after Rune gets under heat says this:

Again I get the feeling he just go with the majority opinion, trying to avoid getting suspicious and try to get easy lynches.

Vote chocofox
I decided to go after Rune because he has literally *not claimed anything*. His post on the fool thing made me suspicious of him.

As I already pointed out - I was wrong on the mislynches from before.

Honestly I don't wish I have to claim today - you forcing me against a corner like this right now isn't helping at all.

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
The reason why I didn't mention you was because the only thing which you posted which I could read on was at the start. What do you expect me to think of that?

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Unless you're about to be lynched I see no reason why anyone would claim yet.

Im going to re-read these posts and decide who to place my vote on, but I do want to say this on town night actions:

Assuming choco and roob are telling the truth, can you use your night actions on each other? I.e. doc protect watcher and watcher watch doc. That way, if Mafia targets either of you, they either have no kill or we find out who one of them are. Again, if someone else is actually either of these roles dont follow this advice

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Assuming choco and roob are telling the truth, can you use your night actions on each other? I.e. doc protect watcher and watcher watch doc. That way, if Mafia targets either of you, they either have no kill or we find out who one of them are. Again, if someone else is actually either of these roles dont follow this advice
Okx claimed Watcher and Roob claimed Doc. If one of them are lying this could go badly for us, but let's assume they aren't.

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Alisha also suspected rune but to me he isn't suspicious, read my previous posts for my explanation
I read your post regarding that he could just be a villager but that fool claim is ridiculous enough that I decided to vote him to at least try to get him to claim something but he hasn't at all... Idk how to justify any of that and Unu thinks I'm suspicious as a result. Either way from this perspective I definitely don't read Rune as being a PR at all... so it's either lynching a villager or a Mafia.

BetaPanda

Reaction score

Now onto Choco

Vote chocofox
I meant to say that lynching somebody might not be possible since the majority of people here are sleeping/inactive and time is almost running out. Even if someone has solid evidence in order to vote (like you) it would still take some time for everyone to come to a conclusion. Because of disagreements, not knowing who to vote, inactivity and time almost running out, no-lynching might happen.

I agree that we should lynch for to progress the game forward but like oof we don’t much time to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.