Solitude Discussion thread

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
I hope that we will see cities, or something else, I didnt like just a world with dirt, and everything living removed. I enjoyed discovering new stuff, and traveling through a big map.
I dunno, I thought it was more interesting to find stuff scattered in what was an empty wasteland, because you know it was player-made.
All JtE towns copied into solitude and griefed. Imagine walking on solitude through a highly griefed CTY/Sancti =O.

Duffie

Reaction score
All JtE towns copied into solitude and griefed. Imagine walking on solitude through a highly griefed CTY/Sancti =O.
Pfft, screw that.

The whole Primordia world copied into Solitude, griefed and ruined, filled with craters and destruction.

Now THAT is something worth experiencing.

Lupus_Stevens

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
As much as I like the idea of Solitude, my experience with it has basically been that the server is a medium through which people can be dicks to other members of the community without getting into trouble. I can't count the number of times I've been backstabbed for absolutely no reason by people who have nothing to gain from killing me. But I'll probably end up playing and raging anyway...

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score

Lupus_Stevens

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
I can't count the number of times I've been backstabbed for absolutely no reason by people who have nothing to gain from killing me.
i'm totally innocent and didn't pretend to team with you then kill you er. Nottykitten
Just for funz because he knew our location and for funz and stuffz.
You guys had full enchanted dia armour and swords, and I'd been playing for a couple of hours. What was I really going to do to you...?

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
i'm totally innocent and didn't pretend to team with you then kill you er. Nottykitten
Just for funz because he knew our location and for funz and stuffz.
You guys had full enchanted dia armour and swords, and I'd been playing for a couple of hours. What was I really going to do to you...?
Nuh I don't think me or oog ever had dia armor. Or enchanted armor for that matter.

And it's a game of betrayal and PvP, =3

Malacath

God of Orcs & Destruction
Reaction score
The Brotherhood of Steel will rise once again!
Most. Fun. Ever.

Shande! My best compagnion in times of better and worse on Solitude!

For the people who don't know what the Brotherhood is... well, the name actually says enough + an old screenshot from the first solitude with the crew!

*Manly tear* Best gaming experience ever guys! So be ready for some ass-whooping adventures.

Shande

The Real Slim Shande
Donor
Reaction score
The Brotherhood of Steel will rise once again!
Most. Fun. Ever.

For the people who don't know what the Brotherhood is... well, the name actually says enough + an old screenshot from the first solitude with the crew!

*Manly tear* Best gaming experience ever guys! So be ready for some ass-whooping adventures.
That battle right there was hell. I actually died near the end of that fight. Luckily, we had two lives instead of one. ;D

Iguana

lmao i have a title
Reaction score
Most. Fun. Ever.

That battle right there was hell. I actually died near the end of that fight. Luckily, we had two lives instead of one. ;D
fuck your brotherhood, i spawn what i want

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
I remember this time where the.. evil organisation people (forgot their names) were attacking a base (forgot who's) and then everyone saw two people with diamond armor coming our way, everyone ran away and hid but I remained at the camp area where I saw it was Mala and Shande. Mala went in a different direction but Shande came to the camp area where I was and joked about killing me. THAT was scary. very. scary.

AND SOME APOLOGIES:
Lupus_Stevens FOR KILLING YOU WHEN YOU WERE A NEW PLAYER
Shinyshark and Danni122112 and Kriks FOR BETRAYING YOUS BUT WE HAD A REASON WHICH LOOKING BACK ON IT WAS KINDA DUMB
That's about it, I guess. Well... I think so at least o.o

Shande

The Real Slim Shande
Donor
Reaction score
I remember this time where the.. evil organisation people (forgot their names) were attacking a base (forgot who's) and then everyone saw two people with diamond armor coming our way, everyone ran away and hid but I remained at the camp area where I saw it was Mala and Shande. Mala went in a different direction but Shande came to the camp area where I was and joked about killing me. THAT was scary. very. scary.

AND SOME APOLOGIES:
Lupus_Stevens FOR KILLING YOU WHEN YOU WERE A NEW PLAYER
Shinyshark and Danni122112 and Kriks FOR BETRAYING YOUS BUT WE HAD A REASON WHICH LOOKING BACK ON IT WAS KINDA DUMB
That's about it, I guess. Well... I think so at least o.o
I meant no harm towards harmless people <3 Gotta admit though, me and Mala were pretty OP at that point. Was scary walking into a town and thinking that I might get ganged up for my armor.

Lupus_Stevens

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score

Duffie

Reaction score
Yea I might not really be into Solitude because of the greifing thing. I hate it when I finally have a good house I worked hard on then BAM, someone finds it and completely destroyes it :(
Well, Solitude's not all about building houses, like vanilla SMP would be. It's purely survival, do what you have to do to survive.

Or, when you have everything you need to survive, it may turn into a Bastard Simulator 2013.

... I suppose in the end, it's all up to you on how you play. Just remember, it's also up to everyone else on how they play.

Pikmon2

Reaction score
I think the permadeath kinda goes out the window as an ab-usable thing with grief, because whats the point of having a big map if your not gonna see it because you died by someone who broke into your house and and destroyed everything you owned? I don't think there should be griefing, perm-death for the day thing, okay, but griefing is just to far for me and others I know.

crashb23

The Rising Star
Reaction score
When I played Solitude, it would have been awful without griefing. I built a series of underground passages, with hidden vaults and walls to protect my stuff. Later, I networked many villages and farms together so people could spawn and survive. It wasn't about building, it was about surviving, like RoF, or AoD. Griefing and pvp added challenge, and the thrill of an unnamed enemy.