OOC Remnants of the Elements Discussion

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Ok, I'll modify/replace Japanese... about as soon as we stop playing as humans.
The thing with this is that the humans were created directly by the Guardians to be pretty much the same as ever, but they weren't around to influence the way languages formed and even if they had been, they still couldn't have made languages be exactly the same as on previous worlds.

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
The thing with this is that the humans were created directly by the Guardians to be pretty much the same as ever, but they weren't around to influence the way languages formed and even if they had been, they still couldn't have made languages be exactly the same as on previous worlds.
We should work on 'The History of the Universe' thing soon.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Inital story by Fiestaguy, then modified by me. Fali has already (sort of) approved, so if you guys like it, it'll be canon.

The Beginning

In the beginning there was nothing but a single speck of dust, a tiny grain of sand in the Void. It floated around for an infinity of eternities, never changing, simply existing. Aeons passed as the particle did nothing.

Until one moment it did.

No one knows what caused this sudden change, but once the door was open, every change that had not happened suddenly took place in an unimaginably small amount of time. That was how the World exploded into existence. The particle expanded at unfathomable speeds to form the World as we know it today; the myriad variety of planets, stars, galaxies and everything else in the World stemming from that one single speck of dust.

In that gigantic explosion, three things were born. The World, of which we’ve already talked a bit, the Elements and the Guardian Thaumyr. Each of those had a mind of its own, but they were as different as could be. The World was the canvas: it was the framework of a universe, fond of instructions and rules. It let itself be manipulated in order to create and evolve itself.

The Elements were the paint. They were forces of nature, raw and wild, unpredictable and always trying to expand themselves into the World. Their only goal was to grow, without end and without any purpose but to grow. However, such mindset was dangerous for the World, since if any single Element could gain an advantage, it could suffocate the others and lead to the World being controlled by a single Element, effectively ending it.

The Guardian was aware of this. It took the role of the painter. Thaumyr trapped the raw Elements inside itself, releasing only as much as was needed at the moment and thus ensuring that no Element gained supremacy and that everything was balanced. Balance was vital, and Thaumyr knew that the World thought of only its current instructions and the Elements had no reason to uphold balance, so it knew that it would have to be the one to maintain balance in the World.

Having trapped the Elements inside itself, Thaumyr started to shape the World so that it could grow and evolve. Finally, it created a world on a barren planet, shaping the rock into a paradise of life, and watched different beings live out their lives. Over time, the Guardian found ways to develop life elsewhere as well: in the cold, empty void of space, deep inside the planets it’d populated, even inside stars.

All the while, the Elements raged against each other in perpetual war inside Thaumyr. They could not win against each other, because they were all equally matched by all the others, but none could lose for the same reason. For centuries and millenia, ages and aeons without end the Elements were locked in everlasting battle inside Thaumyr and the clash soon began to take a toll on the Guardian.

Thaumyr was being slowly destroyed from the inside. It knew that and to make sure that it wouldn’t die and the Elements wouldn’t be released uncontrolled into the World, Thaumyr needed some way to stop the battle. That, however, required drastic measures. The Guardian knew that the only way to achieve this was to separate the Elements. To do that, Thaumyr started cutting off pieces of itself and giving them pieces of its immortal soul capable of containing a single Element. With every bit the Guardian cut off, it grew weaker, but every bit became a new Guardian, created to hold not all the Elements, but a single one.

Finally, the two most basic Elements remained inside Thaumyr: Law and Magic. Law was the Element that controlled the laws of the World. Everything in the World abided by the Law. Magic, on the other hand, was the opposite of the Law. Magic was the Element that would convince the World that the impossible was possible and the possible was impossible. Magic was the Element of breaking the Law. With those two Elements, everything else was given shape and form and ability.

The Guardian split itself one last time to form the Guardian of Law and the Guardian of Magic. With this, all the Elements had been separated and given Guardians of their own to advance them, but also control them. The World was safe from the Elements, who were now securely contained each in a separate immortal soul of a Guardian.

That is the story of the origins of the World, the Elements and the Guardians. The Guardians continued to shape the World with the power of their Elements, to watch over the different lifeforms that appeared here and there, often with the help of the Guardians themselves. They continue to do so even now, shaping and watching over the World as this story is told to you today.
Notes: the element of Law is basically the laws of physics, or the element of Technology, as the name has been so far. Also, I proposed "GotES" (as in Guardians of the Elements Series/Saga) to Fiesta to be used as an abbreviation to signify the series as a whole and he was much more pleased with that than using "GotE", so if you see either me or Fiesta talking about "GotES", then we're talking about the whole series.

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Inital story by Fiestaguy, then modified by me. Fali has already (sort of) approved, so if you guys like it, it'll be canon.

Notes: the element of Law is basically the laws of physics, or the element of Technology, as the name has been so far. Also, I proposed "GotES" (as in Guardians of the Elements Series/Saga) to Fiesta to be used as an abbreviation to signify the series as a whole and he was much more pleased with that than using "GotE", so if you see either me or Fiesta talking about "GotES", then we're talking about the whole series.
Addendum 1.) I'll add this article to the GotELib soon.
Addendum 1.1.) Soon, I'll have metapages up allowing others to upload articles too. Remember to read the guides before writing your articles: http://fiestasheep.openshells.org/gotelib/guides.html
Addendum 2.) Every instance of '*otE' has been globally substituted into 'GotES' on the library.

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
that was just a test to see if they meshed well which they do so \O/
So basically it counts as 'finished'? Huh. That was um... easy. Could you supply the logs to me for archival purposes? Eh.

Okay, I'll wait until you three are finished. Seriously, a little bit of hurrying up wouldn't hurt though. I mean, I've been befriending Kylieanna out of pure boredom for the last day. It hurts.

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
So basically it counts as 'finished'? Huh. That was um... easy. Could you supply the logs to me for archival purposes? Eh.

Okay, I'll wait until you three are finished. Seriously, a little bit of hurrying up wouldn't hurt though. I mean, I've been befriending Kylieanna out of pure boredom for the last day. It hurts.
AM I TOO BORING FOR YOU?!

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
GotELib v0.0 is done.

I now have a program that:
Reads articles, their location and contents from a file.
Imports HTML styles from a file, preventing the need to edit the sourcecode for minor edits.
Generates versatile indexes and paths. I.E, if a new section is created, the navigation bar and url's will automatically conform to the change.

I.E, this program compiles the entire library.

To do in v1.0:
Create mechanisms to import user-submitted articles via pastebin.
Clean and streamline the code (seriously, it's a mess in there)
Automatically update the 'news' and 'latest changes' boxes.)

EDIT: URL Moved. The library can now be found at:
http://fiestasheep.openshells.org/gotelib/home.html

Last edited:

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
[Test numero uno::Drnharoldcham]
[RotE::Atlas]
[nzgBy77T]

[Test numero deux::Drnharoldcham]
[GotE::Recaps]
[FBAnjBz2]

[Test numero drie::Drnharoldcham]
[GotES::Biographies]
[5RpQg7e6]

This post will be deleted when I get the library to accept these articles normally.

EDIT: when submitting articles, only put the sequence of characters /after/ the slash of your pastebin link in it. E.G:
With pastebin link: http://pastebin.com/ 5RpQg7e6

Last edited: