The Bastard Game: Day 5

Danni122112

The Drunk
Controller
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
this does not sit well with me, this smells of nothing left to lose last ditch attempt at pandering
I mean, as I am getting lynched right now, I need to actually explain my proper role.

As sated in the last thing, the less I explain the better, but if I explain all of it, mafia will just kill me next night, so I should not say it all, I will however as its better that mafia wastes a kill, than we waste a lynch.

my logic behind assuming something partially fake, should I bother explaining it?

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
I did ask for a tl;dr because I feel like I would understand her arguments better if they were summed up instead of being in large paragraphs where half of it is bolded. I don't understand why this would be used against me so carry on. Also, I just don't understand how your last paragraph applies to me at all and then completely ignores the fact that some people understand posts differently from others. Last game I didn't read properly and didn't ask for a tl;dr so I got myself killed. This game, I'm asking for a tl;dr from huge ones so I don't get confused.
The post you rated confusing was probably the single most clear post I've ever made in Mafia. I even bolded the parts most important that needed to get through to you.

As for large paragraphs that post was a pretty average-sides mafia post unlike my postzilla the page before

Danni122112

The Drunk
Controller
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Why would we believe you now that you've admitted to withholding information?
Have you ever been a PR role, trying to lie away from it when town presses you? That is why you withhold infromation, its quite frequent in mafia. I died this way last game, really fun.
Look I don't really know how to help your situation since I don't know anything about it except that you've sprouted a bundle of lies at us. But if you're town and the choice is between being lynched or being useless then it's not much of a choice to me.

Act with your own judgement, but I'd say even if you claim it's likely we won't believe you and lynch you regardless.
The less I reveal the better, my role will be usefull you to whoever.

Ping me again when we reach 9 votes for me. I'll reveal it then as you forced me to. If not forced it will be in towns best intentions to say nothing. If someone hammers me at 9 votes, please do kill them the next day, as they obviously want to give mafia a night kill.

Rune

Resident Roadman
Community Admin
Admin
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
The post you rated confusing was probably the single most clear post I've ever made in Mafia. I even bolded the parts most important that needed to get through to you.

As for large paragraphs that post was a pretty average-sides mafia post unlike my postzilla the page before
That's true, I just don't want to risk mislynching because I didn't understand what someone said properly. It's Day 0 and we rarely lynch someone today so I might as well not fuck it up.

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Do you expect every single post to be a massive swath of information
No but I'd expect every post to have something useful?

I mean I know that's hypocritical since my old play style used to be constantly shitpost to avoid people getting reads off of me but you're not even doing that, you're literally posting for the sake of posting which feels like an act to make yourself look like you're contributing thus people will read you as town when thinking back.

Besides this gives other reasons to be pro lynch on you, if we are to lynch a townie you're definitely best case scenario because you're not useful.

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Ping me again when we reach 9 votes for me. I'll reveal it then as you forced me to. If not forced it will be in towns best intentions to say nothing. If someone hammers me at 9 votes, please do kill them the next day, as they obviously want to give mafia a night kill.
So the disadvantage to killing you still holds, but you are suddenly magically directly helpful to the town?

Yea ok

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Time to be the bringer of bad news but this will only guarantee you'll get atleast 9 votes today. Might be best to talk now while you're not 2 votes away from dying or someone might not bother to listen to your arguments and actually hammer you

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
But isn't that the point notty?

We have the choice to believe danni or not and so do mafia; if we kill him now we waste a possible scum lynch and basically give danni a chance to win. If we believe his role and don't lynch him it's possible mafia will kill him and give us another kill. Or alternatively if they don't, we just ignore him and he loses.

I genuinely think ender would put something like this in.

Also

Kinda feels like he's scraping the barrel, not too sure tho
I'm pretty sure the way danni's role was designed was for him not to claim it, and for him to try to be killed by the faction he thinks will win. Kinda a boring role but I don't think claiming it was what Ender had in mind for him to do when he gave him the role (assuming it's the truth, which I personally think it is)

so did you tho?
Ah yes, forgive me for not reading the last game and getting myself lynched, because that happned

You mean you're lazy. I don't normally back-up notty but her argument was pretty concise my dude
you literally ctr f'd on posts mentioning you last game, you're more lazy than him tbh

Have you ever been a PR role, trying to lie away from it when town presses you? That is why you withhold infromation, its quite frequent in mafia. I died this way last game, really fun.

Well by lying and stuff you've put yourself in a position where, to me at least, it now looks like you're lying since you've realized you can only survive by doing so and maybe your original claim was the true one. And if you are lying then it's entirely possible you have an ability detrimental to town. Pretty sure noone's going to unvote you just to believe your word that you lied the whole time. If we need 9 votes for you to tell the truth then I think that's what it's going to come to. If being truthful ruins your role then that sucks.

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score

Hey guys please don't kill me I am really useful I swear!!!!

tag me when I'm about to die so I have time to think of a convincing lie so I save my arse!!!
hugs and kisses, Danni xoxox

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I mean, as I am getting lynched right now, I need to actually explain my proper role.

As sated in the last thing, the less I explain the better, but if I explain all of it, mafia will just kill me next night, so I should not say it all, I will however as its better that mafia wastes a kill, than we waste a lynch.

my logic behind assuming something partially fake, should I bother explaining it?
We probably have a doctor or protection role that can keep you safe if your role is that important.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
The thing that makes me believe that maybe Danni is telling the truth about having a powerful role and not wanting to reveal it is that the kept telling me to think on last game, like a hint at that's what he was doing.

But yeah danni since you can be protected probably, it's best to claim since I think you're just gonna be lynched otherwise so not much to lose.

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score
But isn't that the point notty?

We have the choice to believe danni or not and so do mafia; if we kill him now we waste a possible scum lynch and basically give danni a chance to win. If we believe his role and don't lynch him it's possible mafia will kill him and give us another kill. Or alternatively if they don't, we just ignore him and he loses.

I genuinely think ender would put something like this in.

Also

Kinda feels like he's scraping the barrel, not too sure tho
I feel you are ignoring the fact that he could be Mafia and using this as a cover so people don't kill him and don't get suspicious when he isn't night killed...

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
Alright ill say a few things, this game really popped off outta nowhere. Earlier i claimed arelic, cus i found it funny that was my name, but i didnt plan on doing too much more than that, since im still on wintersport till sundays. (so dont expect anything from me till then).