The Bastard Game: Day 5

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
i'm nottykitten, the interrogator. as i made bleedingly obvious, i didnt want to claim since there is almost no way mafia is stuck firing in the dark. if she'd taken even a second to think about this instead of trying to out a key town role she might have realised how scummy this is because:
  • if mafia have no investigation and no ability to kill players rather than rolenames, then their night 1 is totally blind and they can't kill anyone because the danger of killing one of their own in this already absurdly town-sided game is way too much to risk
  • i'm almost certain mafia can kill players and not roles because an investigation would still have carried a 1-night delay (maybe they have both though idk)
  • since we had 2 deaths last night, the obvious conclusion we can draw is that there is a mafia kill, an sk-type kill, and possibly a town vigilante since we apparently have a doctor who could have saved someone
in addition to not adding up with the death count, blind mafia kills don't make sense from a setup design standpoint as it's anti-strategic and anti-fun. iirc i even tried hinting at that by agreeing with whoever brought up the fact that an sk would be almost unplayable in this setup without a similar bypass due to the possibility of killing themselves.

on top of that, since dess is dead and can't confirm the existence of the chat my claim does much less to prove either me or inf to the point of being useless. i do pin some of that blame on inf's dodgy clusterfuck of a claim post but the point still stands. a town-sided player would have picked up on the hints and dropped the case; admittedly this doesn't hold up as well for this compared to, say, urging cop to claim when they don't want to due to insufficient results (eg inf last game), but i believe there's still some merit to the point. her claiming cop also rings some alarms for me since as i've already outlined, in ideal circumstances i'm a pretty hefty investigative role and i don't know if there's room for both me and a vanilla cop in this setup (how would a cop work if every ability defers from players to roles anyway?)

it's also obvious that notty knows what she's doing since she initiated the 'massclaim' of not being the interrogator so even if some people saw that might be a bad idea she'd still narrowed down the pool of candidates drastically. i refuse to believe a townsided class (especially a supposed cop) would be so reckless with regards to a powerful role especially when we would be able to prove/disprove each other the following night regardless (concern for mafia killing her isn't a valid counterargument because she believes mafia kills are blind).

i almost immediately called notty's bluff on the poisoner thing mostly because that's a ridiculously clunky way for a poisoner mechanic to work, i knew it was kinda risky but didn't want to risk exposing myself (which she forced me to do anyway so hey).

the problem with this situation is that notty is probably the most dominant player in this game, and operates with the peace of mind that things she does are rarely called into question because she's developed a reputation as a skilled and consistently aggressive player that's generally a safe option to follow blindly. this means she has (and uses) a free pass to call for these pretty reckless high risk low payoff claims and this time it's to the detriment of the town, probably to the point of highlighting her as likely scum. this sort of this is more easily observable in games that gmk participated in cause it was way worse on him, although he wasn't quite as aggressive so i'd argue that notty is more of a problem for the town in instances such as this where she's apparently antitown
Well, I'm pretty safe right now and my roleblock complements your cop report. Our best shot is to find out who the fake Notty is and lynch them
this is a perfect example because the only indication of mafia being totally blind with their nightkills is notty saying so but here's rune's pointless claim anyway i guess? once again it doesn't take much analysis to realise mafia have some sort of bypass at their disposal, another aforementioned example would be almost everyone immediately stating they weren't the interrogator (except 112 iirc).

this post is pretty long now & i think i'm starting to get less concise cause it's 2:30am so basically the gist of what i'm saying is that notty's exposing me for no reason and using invalid reasons to justify herself. i think she's mafia cause of that plus the fact that i don't think her cop claim is legit because a) she's misreporting me and b) i'm already basically a better version of a cop. the call to action of this essay is to review some of notty's hyperaggressive posts and share ur thoughts & opinions on this ungodly clusterfuck (nice 1 ender) hope my peel paragraphs made u proud

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Ok Two things, should we get Unu to change his vote to Notty, because if he gets the same Notty as everybody else in the votecount im worried we risk lynching the REAL NOTTY.

also I would like to add

(however game inffy being targetted is also reasonable enough, so it's not the best theory, BUT STILL unu voting different is weird, and nobody? has been talking about it today.)
In other news, I have the idea in my head that Unu is able to vote for the player instead of the character hence why his vote was separated on the votes for Danni yesterday?
I MENTIONED IT FIRST

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Ok Two things, should we get Unu to change his vote to Notty, because if he gets the same Notty as everybody else in the votecount im worried we risk lynching the REAL NOTTY.

also I would like to add

I MENTIONED IT FIRST
thats super strange though because it doesn't seem like a useful ability for a town member to have unless they can let other people hop on their playername vote

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
i'm nottykitten, the interrogator. as i made bleedingly obvious, i didnt want to claim since there is almost no way mafia is stuck firing in the dark. if she'd taken even a second to think about this instead of trying to out a key town role she might have realised how scummy this is because:
  • if mafia have no investigation and no ability to kill players rather than rolenames, then their night 1 is totally blind and they can't kill anyone because the danger of killing one of their own in this already absurdly town-sided game is way too much to risk
  • i'm almost certain mafia can kill players and not roles because an investigation would still have carried a 1-night delay (maybe they have both though idk)
  • since we had 2 deaths last night, the obvious conclusion we can draw is that there is a mafia kill, an sk-type kill, and possibly a town vigilante since we apparently have a doctor who could have saved someone
in addition to not adding up with the death count, blind mafia kills don't make sense from a setup design standpoint as it's anti-strategic and anti-fun. iirc i even tried hinting at that by agreeing with whoever brought up the fact that an sk would be almost unplayable in this setup without a similar bypass due to the possibility of killing themselves.
what you are saying making no sense. you are saying sk and mafia are really difficult to play since they risk killing themselves!??! Unless there is something going on i dont know of, it seems obvious to me that everyone got a flavour name assigned to them, which they know! How could they kill themselves if they know which flavour name they have?

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
what you are saying making no sense. you are saying sk and mafia are really difficult to play since they risk killing themselves!??! Unless there is something going on i dont know of, it seems obvious to me that everyone got a flavour name assigned to them, which they know! How could they kill themselves if they know which flavour name they have?
if they kill the person with their name as a flavour name they die

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
They don't know who got their name as role. If they kill that person they die

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
if they kill the person with their name as a flavour name they die
They don't know who got their name as role. If they kill that person they die
doesnt it work the other way around?

if someone decides to kill the flavour name arelic, im prtty sure i'd die, so if i were sk/mafia all i'd have to do was not target arelic. i think that's how it works.