Timeline of Dichotomous Flowers - Game Complete

MoltenAshes

Reaction score
Good morning.
MoltenAshes: From what they've said about their role I think they might have the same role as me. To attempt to verify this, I have a few questions specifically for you MoltenAshes .
1) Is your role name on this page?
http://www.theplantlist.org/browse/-/-/
2) When I received my role I asked the GMs about angles. Assume for a moment that I have the same role as you; do you see where my question may have been coming from?
3) Can you figure out which of your posts might have suggested to me that you have the same role as me?
I think all three of these should be answerable without giving away details of my or your (whether or not we are in fact the same role) role name or description. Of course, if we can verify each other's roles we can eliminate each other from our lists of suspicious people, which will be useful.
1. Don't see it, my flower is much more common
2. I definitely can see where you are coming from.
3. I do have one idea where you would get that I kinda soft-claimed my role.

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
You're being too caught up an idea that "this role can't possibly exist for town because in this one very specific circumstance it's crazy op"

It's not though we are still left with 10 (11 excluding myself) potential mafia. Keep in mind that this is excluding the possibility of any of them being godfather. If we include that possibility my role is useless and we are back to 13 (14 with me) possible mafia.

This setup was completely hidden from us so we have idea what mafia has

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
And yes colors obviously mean something or something or why would they be in the game. At this point we just haven't discovered what that purpose is.

Here's a thought, maybe people have specific roles that can only be used on certain colors. Or maybe there is a wheel or Fortune esque role that gets a different ability every color and their win con is to use each power. This type of thing has existed before

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
You're being too caught up an idea that "this role can't possibly exist for town because in this one very specific circumstance it's crazy op"

It's not though we are still left with 10 (11 excluding myself) potential mafia. Keep in mind that this is excluding the possibility of any of them being godfather. If we include that possibility my role is useless and we are back to 13 (14 with me) possible mafia.

This setup was completely hidden from us so we have idea what mafia has
tbh I may be tunnel visioning on you slightly and I'm starting to see possibilities where your role does exist

But there's also the fact I'm about 70% sure we have a cop and that I know who it is, and it isn't you, and having both you and them seems OP but maybe I'm wrong about that person being the cop

Claim aside I was still planning on voting for you today since your reads seem kind of contradictory and fake

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I don't think Dess' role is op. Imo, the fact that it's a closed setup and thereby the potential unknown possibility of a godfather creates enough uncertainty to be balanced.

Lynching him to semi-prove three townies is tempting, but I think we have better options. I hear what Aqua is saying about the purple/inf team and tbh I'm totally seeing it. I'm reluctant to follow up on it, though, whether because I'm biased against Aqua or because I think there's not enough to go along with it I can't be sure.
...But after typing that....I definitely still find purple suspicious. Oh, here's an idea: Inf is so desperate to defend purple because they're a two man anti-town squad.

Hey, Dess, wait a minute. You said you choose three numbers, right? How's that different from targeting three players? Surely there's something that makes that relevant, else there wouldn't be a distinction...

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
tbh I may be tunnel visioning on you slightly and I'm starting to see possibilities where your role does exist

But there's also the fact I'm about 70% sure we have a cop and that I know who it is, and it isn't you, and having both you and them seems OP but maybe I'm wrong about that person being the cop

Claim aside I was still planning on voting for you today since your reads seem kind of contradictory and fake
Then so be it, however my claims being contradictory and fake is just a perception of it but from my perspective they don't at all seem contradictory. Now whilst you may not believe that I'm town because of those does the possibility of my role being real not instead make you doubt if lynching me is the right thing to do?

And admittedly I tunneled on purple very hard and I still don't trust her but into more information can be obtained I'm not going to vote to lynch her.

MoltenAshes

Reaction score
But why does the idea of it being hit or miss make it so you think I'm lying about my role?
Because typically those roles change the game entirely.
For example, knowing 1 non-town out of three is basically very little info, as that is typical out of a 3 person selection.
However, knowing 3 town is huge in this game, and is to be frank too OP.
I think you're lying about your role, due to me not thinking a role like yours would be in this game.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hey, Dess, wait a minute. You said you choose three numbers, right? How's that different from targeting three players? Surely there's something that makes that relevant, else there wouldn't be a distinction...
TWG's role could switch the numerals. I'm assuming he could switch out who certain roles targeted, because some roles target players via their numerals.

Then so be it, however my claims being contradictory and fake is just a perception of it but from my perspective they don't at all seem contradictory. Now whilst you may not believe that I'm town because of those does the possibility of my role being real not instead make you doubt if lynching me is the right thing to do?

And admittedly I tunneled on purple very hard and I still don't trust her but into more information can be obtained I'm not going to vote to lynch her.
Not really, no. If you're truly one-shot then your role is no longer useful. Sure I see your role as possible but that doesn't give me incentive to override my scumread on you since it's not like I'd be risking losing a really powerful role

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
I don't think Dess' role is op. Imo, the fact that it's a closed setup and thereby the potential unknown possibility of a godfather creates enough uncertainty to be balanced.

Lynching him to semi-prove three townies is tempting, but I think we have better options. I hear what Aqua is saying about the purple/inf team and tbh I'm totally seeing it. I'm reluctant to follow up on it, though, whether because I'm biased against Aqua or because I think there's not enough to go along with it I can't be sure.
...But after typing that....I definitely still find purple suspicious. Oh, here's an idea: Inf is so desperate to defend purple because they're a two man anti-town squad.

It isn't different at all. I chose numbers IV, VII, and X (inffy, notme and purple respectively)

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
TWG's role could switch the numerals. I'm assuming he could switch out who certain roles targeted, because some roles target players via their numerals.

Not really, no. If you're truly one-shot then your role is no longer useful. Sure I see your role as possible but that doesn't give me incentive to override my scumread on you since it's not like I'd be risking losing a really powerful role
It's not that my role is useful it's rather that you'd be lynching somebody, why admittedly can't be backed up, who is claiming a town PR. Even if my role is useless the possibility of my role being real and it being town sided would mean that you're lynching a town member, regardless of whether or not I'm useful anymore.

I propose that the cop, assuming there is one, investigates me tonight to further prove my story so we can instead focus on those who are more likely to be anti town.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
It's not that my role is useful it's rather that you'd be lynching somebody, why admittedly can't be backed up, who is claiming a town PR. Even if my role is useless the possibility of my role being real and it being town sided would mean that you're lynching a town member, regardless of whether or not I'm useful anymore.

I propose that the cop, assuming there is one, investigates me tonight to further prove my story so we can instead focus on those who are more likely to be anti town.
There's a possibility of you being town yeah. But there's a possibility of everybody being town. If I scum read you then the possibility of you being town doesn't make me want to not lynch you because then I'd never lynch anybody. When I say 'possibility' I don't mean 'likely', I just mean sure it's not impossible and I'm starting to see how it's not OP

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Because a cop dial makes literally no sense to me. I don't understand the clock at all but again as this setup was very closed one can assume a role has something to do with it.
And why would this exist when the cop role itself is fundamentally a necessity for town? The "cop dial" idea isn't any benefit to town as we have no idea what it could possibly mean.

What did you believe that the clock meant yesterday when it was pointing at vy and notme?

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Then what are the colors for?
And yes colors obviously mean something or something or why would they be in the game. At this point we just haven't discovered what that purpose is.

Here's a thought, maybe people have specific roles that can only be used on certain colors. Or maybe there is a wheel or Fortune esque role that gets a different ability every color and their win con is to use each power. This type of thing has existed before

MoltenAshes

Reaction score
Fair enough, if a role were to exist where "You can only do an action where the color is red etc....", I would believe you more.

As for what I thought about D1 I was thinking nothing. Just seeing "red" towards two players shows nothing to me. It's only when I see a contrast in colors, when we can actually know something.