Timeline of Dichotomous Flowers - Game Complete

Sam_Winchester

Controller
Controller
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
What if the colors mean what action gets done to players currently on the hour or minute hand?
At first I pressumed the hands were the only indicative of actions, but now that it has changed blue, I'd say both people under minute and hour hand are now affected by whatever blue is. But the only way to know is by going to night 2, when someone tries to perform an action on them, blue will either bless them or fuck them over...

well shit

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
What if the colors mean what action gets done to players currently on the hour or minute hand?
At first I pressumed the hands were the only indicative of actions, but now that it has changed blue, I'd say both people under minute and hour hand are now affected by whatever blue is. But the only way to know is by going to night 2, when someone tries to perform an action on them, blue will either bless them or fuck them over...

well shit
That's an interesting idea. Maybe the colours alter how they're seen by investigative roles or something.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I don't think Dess' role is op. Imo, the fact that it's a closed setup and thereby the potential unknown possibility of a godfather creates enough uncertainty to be balanced.

Lynching him to semi-prove three townies is tempting, but I think we have better options. I hear what Aqua is saying about the purple/inf team and tbh I'm totally seeing it. I'm reluctant to follow up on it, though, whether because I'm biased against Aqua or because I think there's not enough to go along with it I can't be sure.
...But after typing that....I definitely still find purple suspicious. Oh, here's an idea: Inf is so desperate to defend purple because they're a two man anti-town squad.

Hey, Dess, wait a minute. You said you choose three numbers, right? How's that different from targeting three players? Surely there's something that makes that relevant, else there wouldn't be a distinction...
Tim, why are you believing dess's claim could be legit but saying you think me and purple, two of dess's claimed innocents, are anti town together and are a 'better option' to lynch?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Also another thing that's bothering me about vy is that it feels like he's sucking up to me. He said I have cogent arguments, when I feel like my arguments this game have been pretty thin and lackluster since this game has been so difficult so far. And he said my reads post was 'really damn insightful' and I just don't see why he'd think that. My reads were pretty thin and weak.

I think a team of vy, omni, dess? and ??? is maybe what we have

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Tim, why are you believing dess's claim could be legit but saying you think me and purple, two of dess's claimed innocents, are anti town together and are a 'better option' to lynch?
This...Is a very good point. All I can think of is confirmation bias and selective memory. The three of you then! Well, that wouldn't make sense with just how hard on Dess you're going....I guess you and purple are town then....This isn't sitting right in my head. Curse you, confirmation bias!

....I think I'll need some time to reset some of my reads.
I think a team of vy, omni, dess? and ??? is maybe what we have
Do you not think Aqua is suspicious?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
No, my read on him hasn't really changed. I could see him as mafia and wouldn't be shocked or anything, but I think it's more likely he's town
What I mean by this is that I don't 'super duper strong townread him', if you ask me to imagine a world where he's mafia then I could believe it, but I feel confident he's town

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Kroppeb I'd like to hear from you more if you have time. Mostly you've just been sat on the sidelines, and yesterday you sent a really weirdly placed 'lol' at purple, and I had to tag you several times to get any reads from you (even when you came back you didn't give reads, just said you were back until I asked again). Do you have any thoughts to share?

Kroppeb

Reaction score
Hi, I wanted to sleep but then noticed all the notifications so here I am

Some thoughts before I go to bed:
Clock and color: the colours seem to be in order which makes it more probable for the numerals/clock/roles to be influenced by the color then the color by the clock.

Vy and notme : I was wondering if any one you noticed something that is not according to your roles,I’m assuming you didn’t as you haven’t mentioned anything alike.

Dess: initially very suspicious as I calculated a 5% chance of getting 3 town if 4 mafia (25% which seems to be the average) (did this a 3:30 also if my math is wrong, sorry). But given the fact we had a transportation role revealed and the possibility of gf I think it might be within reason for a role like this to exist.

Kroppeb

Reaction score
Kroppeb I'd like to hear from you more if you have time. Mostly you've just been sat on the sidelines, and yesterday you sent a really weirdly placed 'lol' at purple, and I had to tag you several times to get any reads from you (even when you came back you didn't give reads, just said you were back until I asked again). Do you have any thoughts to share?
The lol was because I the way she wrote I assumed that she wanted to make an end to the suspend and then saw she voted for the wrong person. Wrong assumption.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I - Aqua (town)
II - Dess (scummy)
III - HKCaper
IV - Infected_alien8_
V - Kroppeb (mixed feelings of town vs mafia)
VI - MoltenAshes (town/third party)
VII - Notme (town)
VIII - Nottykitten (town)
IX - Omni (scummy)
X - Purplepixies (town)
XI - Stranger from Planet 9 (town/third party)
XII - TehBrian (slightly scummy)
XIII - TheWeakGuy48_
XIV - Timdood3 (town/third party)
XV - Unusual_Dood (slight town)
XVI - Vyryn (slightly scummy)

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hey y'all,

Stranger from Planet 9: slight scumread just because of his post, 15m before nightfall where he comes by and basically says "wow lots of stuff cool beans glfh gotta run bye". Since it was down to TWG or purple, who I think is a strong townread, for the lynch at that point, mafia would understandably not be concerned, but a townie should have been. This isn't much to go by, though, and perhaps he has a good answer. Stranger from Planet 9 I'm interested in your response to this.
I jumped in basically to say that I didn't have time to backread all the chaos that happened close to deadline. I'll admit it was an impulsive few posts, mainly b/c I'm used to discord mafia where pinging people close to deadline to get votes/a hammer isn't uncommon, as are last-second vote changes.

I panicked because last minute I started realizing mafia wanted me first because it'd b easier to scum talk me against town, but then they must have realized that they could still kill a villager at night so they wanted the strong vilagers first, since in their eyes I'm easy to get rid off last because people wouldn't hesitate to throw my noob ass under the bus anyways.

Aqua and Omni have been scummy and uncaring the whole time. HK was too eager to kill Weak so I thought perhaps he was with them, but turns out he wasn't, and they killed him anyways. Their next target would definetly be Inffy because why not go for someone who has the convincing power to make town shoot themselves in the foot. Mafia just nearly took town in one swoop, but town was foolish enough to just switch one shot in the foot for the other. I believe town still has hope, just don't fucking bus with Aqua and Omni. Lynch them asap.
purplepixies I have a few questions for you:
-Why are you so convinced Aqua and Omni are mafia? I agree that they were def annoying yesterday, I'm just curious if you have any reasoning beyond that.
-How was HK too eager to kill Weak?
-If you believe that mafia is targeting strong players, why do you think they specifically chose HK over Inffy?

I'm starting to think more and more that purple might be scum. Panicking as a n00b is understandable, and definitely something I was guilty of last game (granted, as mafia), but these reads feel faked if you ask me.

Reading up on this but in the mean time here have this tidbit of information.

I am Gardenia. My role allows me to once per game, at night, investigate three different Roman numerals and see if there any of them are anti town. I used this last night on inffy, purple, and notme so I can say they are all town sided players as I received the result of false (I would get true if any of them were anti town).

Now obviously one of them might be godfather but I'm willing to take my chances are hope they aren't.
Since I've seen multiple people claim that this is OP, do you think that some other mechanic could interfere with your reads? If so, how?
Because otherwise I'm inclined to believe this claim is cover for a scum role.

Probably doesn't need to be said, but Omni's acting like scum or stupid town. Aqua's vote on Inffy makes him look suspicious along with Omni.

I don't think Dess' role is op. Imo, the fact that it's a closed setup and thereby the potential unknown possibility of a godfather creates enough uncertainty to be balanced.

Lynching him to semi-prove three townies is tempting, but I think we have better options. I hear what Aqua is saying about the purple/inf team and tbh I'm totally seeing it. I'm reluctant to follow up on it, though, whether because I'm biased against Aqua or because I think there's not enough to go along with it I can't be sure.
...But after typing that....I definitely still find purple suspicious. Oh, here's an idea: Inf is so desperate to defend purple because they're a two man anti-town squad.

Hey, Dess, wait a minute. You said you choose three numbers, right? How's that different from targeting three players? Surely there's something that makes that relevant, else there wouldn't be a distinction...
I'm still mixed on my read about Timdood. Now that I've had some time to think I definitely exaggerated when saying he was my biggest scumread yesterday. That said, the above quote very much read's as him trying to play devil's advocate for someone else, which was something he did as scum last game. It's not a certainty yet, but I could see Tim & Dess being a scum team.

As for the whole cop-dial theory, it's a possibility I don't want to say anything definitive yet. Last night I did come up with the theory that the clock was a neighborizer - aka whoever the hands are pointing to at the beginning of the night phase get a chat together overnight. I imagine that Vyryn/Notme would have revealed that if that was indeed the case though, so IDK.
I think one of the things that we have to figure out is if the clock's hands moving are random, via some predetermined pattern, or if they're manipulated by the players. I feel like that could reveal a lot. We know swapping abilities exist, but afaik, we have no idea if anyone has the ability to manipulate who the clock hands are pointing at.